better 4 sniping waverider or snow valley?

Werbung:

Layzie

Ooh toughy. I'd have to probably say waverider is easier since it's not as much of a sniper map as snow valley (What I mean is that you can do extremely well with assault). As a sniper on waverider, you only have 2-3 enemy snipers to watch out for while the rest of the enemy team is easy picking. Compared to snow valley where everyone except 1-3 guys are snipers makes it a little hard. So getting back to your question though...

Snow Valley: (18/20)
Distance: 5/5 (Big map)
Line of Sight: 4/5 (Fog can be a pain)
Sniper Spots: 4/5 (good amount of key spots for snipers)
Pace: 5/5 (Typically a slow paced map = easier targets [for the most part)

Waverider: (16/20)
Distance: 4/5 (Decent Size Map)
Line of Sight: 3/5 (Lots of cover with the buildings and different roof top heights)
Sniper Spots: 5/5 (good amount of key spots for snipers)
Pace: 4/5 (The map is usually a slow paced map, but not as slow as snow valley and not as fast as gray hammer)

The above information is strictly based on my opinion on each map in those categories. I'm sure others feel different and although I find Waverider to be much easier to snipe people, Snow Valley is much more of a sniper map.

Love

As previously stated, I find Waverider to be quite the easy map to snipe on.
Snow Valley is more of a sniper type map, I find it to be more enjoyable, though that's just my two cents.

I'd suggest practicing on Waverider, then switching to Snow Valley, possibly throwing in a Two Towers match in the mix, and your sniping skills are bound to improve, somewhat.

Purpose-1

WaveRider is better because it is bigger and the tower is a real convineint place to snipe. Snow Valley- you need to stay on a ledge to snipe. Also, Snow Valley has way too open spaces to snipe in.

Layzie

WaveRider is better because it is bigger and the tower is a real convineint place to snipe. Snow Valley- you need to stay on a ledge to snipe. Also, Snow Valley has way too open spaces to snipe in.

Not to flame your post but to just constructively criticize, there are more places to snipe from then towers. And in my opinion as a sniper, I find that those who stick to obvious sniping spots such as snipers (Except behind the high sandbag over Alpha spawn on snow valley) are extremely easy to take out and tend to do overall pretty poorly. Also, snow valley you don't need to stay on a ledge to snipe and honestly if someone is standing the open and trying to snipe (some people can do it), and are trying to figure out why he/she keeps getting owned, then maybe he/she should think about giving up on sniping. Snowvalley has a lot of places to snipe from (And quite a few of them people rarely use or even have tried to use).

Actually, I found the tower to be one of the worst camping spots in waverider. It's such an obvious position for a sniper that most players check it everytime they spawn. Even snipers usually do a quick glance from their spot to make sure they're flank is clear before taking shots. A sniper in the tower can probably get 2-3 kills average before getting killed. A nade can be tossed up the ladder onto the sniper level, or even from outside and through the blown out wall in the sniper level. Behind the tower is another point which people use. The survivability of that sniper is much greater than the one in the actual tower, but I still feel that it's too obvious of a position. If killcam is off and you're pubbing it could be semi-effective but keep in mind that there are much better positions. A good sniper is a sniper who knows how to relocate efficiently. Eventually people will know where you are (even if you're just popping out from around the corner and shooting people and ducking back behind the corner [Which is the tactic I would suggest on the tower ledge]) so you should be able to move from one position to another quickly and under cover.

But this is all based on personal experience on my part and I guess more bias to my style of sniping which is a bit more aggressive. I respect your opinion none the less and who knows, maybe you have or have seen better results. =)

SgtMaj-Aaron

waverider imo.
its much more fun to snipe on wr then it is on sv, cuz on sv everybody snipes!
so its unbalanced.
but on wr like half of the people who play are assult!
so its much more balanced for a sniper!

Lamentingsun

Snow Valley is suited for sniping than Waverider or Two Towers. wave rider does have a lot of nooks and crannies, but your view on the roofs are limited. as said before, there are many different levels in waverider, which can block much of ones view. the tower is the best place to snipe, but its also the most predictable. two towers is less of a sniper map than waverider is. in two towers you have to wait for enemies to run into the open and much of the action is inside.

overall, snow valley produces more opportunities for a sniper.

Roger117

Snow Valley is much more of a sniper map because it is very open and has sniping points. Waverider on the other hand is more CQB than sniping because it isn't very large and open compared to Snow Valley. You can snipe on Wavrider as the rooftops provide a lot of cover.

Overall, Snow Valley is the sniping map.

superwii60

i would say that waverider is more fun to snipe at becuase not only is the tower predictable but that makes some people second guess and not even look out for a possible sniper there, plus when in the tower just plant a couple of mines, it wont always get the job done but ull know if someone is thr. plus waverider is a good place to practice the "dont stay in one sniping spot" thing. cus if u dont want to head for the lighthouse then ull have to keep moving...and dont go in front of the church if thats wat it is, cus any tower sniper has perfect view of that spot

Tobi31

i would say that waverider is more fun to snipe at becuase not only is the tower predictable but that makes some people second guess and not even look out for a possible sniper there, plus when in the tower just plant a couple of mines, it wont always get the job done but ull know if someone is thr. plus waverider is a good place to practice the "dont stay in one sniping spot" thing. cus if u dont want to head for the lighthouse then ull have to keep moving...and dont go in front of the church if thats wat it is, cus any tower sniper has perfect view of that spot
I honestly dont like waverider beacause of the glitchers
and i cant play on the two snow lvls and brushwood without mah comp going BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death for those who dont know)
and super,ur comment bout the church, ive been able to kill tower snipes from there XD

Werbung:

UnholyReaper

i think WR because its easy to pick of people waltzing around with their lousy AR's. Not many pros play it too so it makes it that much more lucrative.