CA randomly freezing in-game

wind4life

Combat Arms has been randomly freezing and locking up my computer. This occurs after about 10-20 minutes of playing. The music will suddenly stop, CA will freeze and my computer will be frozen. It is definately not lag because my entire system will freeze up, not allowing me to access my Task Manager or Desktop at all and forcing me to reboot.

I've tried updating my video card driver and re-installing Combat Arms multiple times. I have scanned for malware and it came up clean, so I know that's not an issue. The only thing running is my Windows Firewall, which I have set to allow for CA. This is a fairly new computer so I'm not quite sure what the problem might be.

I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem.

My computer specs:

Windows XP SP3

AMD Athlon 64 FX-57

2.8 GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM

465 GB hardrive

Werbung:

Gareity

Maybe your video (or something) is over heating?

Check for dust inside the case, specifically in the heatsink fins for the CPU. Also check exhaust ports for dust build up.

One time something similar to this happened to me; The game stopped completely and the screen gradually turned white - I thought it was the death of my Graphics Card. It turns out it was just dusty.

wind4life

Yeah, I'll probably have to dust off the inside when I get a chance to.

Hm... yesterday it stopped crashing for about 3 hours... after that it crashed. >__> It crashed again today, and I was able to access my Task Manager and get back into my desktop.

I found the following error message waiting for me:
Engine.exe application error
The instruction at "0x08216678" referenced memory at "0x1f3ef83c". The memory could not be "read".

*Edit* I heard there was some kind of graphic update to CA recently. Maybe that's why, and maybe the problem was with my video card. From what I can see it seems to crash less now.

Miran_Eitan

Interesting. If I wagered a guess, I'd say you're having issues with overheating.

Your computer in a desk of some sort, or on carpeted ground even? An enclosed space with no airflow would do it. If you can play the game for an extended period [3 hours], then it gets significantly shorter every time you reboot and begin to play the game, you could be looking at some form of overheating, from harddrive to possibly a CPU.

The "Memory could not be read" error is something I see somewhat often actually, but I don't remember the code before it. Normally it comes up for Internet Explorer 6, having issues with Java and/or Netframework.

I seem to recall someone else had that issue with games in general. You have any other games that you play on your PC? Or is it just solitaire and Combat Arms?

If you play a wide variety of games and CA is the only one that does this, then this might be something new.

For kicks and giggles, you might update your .Net Framework to whatever the latest version is. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830724 , may or maynot help. Worse case scenario you won't have to sit through the fifteen minute update when you install Medal of Honor Airborne :p

wind4life

Miran_Eitan I think you may be right. Yeah, my computer is on a desk, with the hardrive sitting underneath in the corner. >__<

I've never really had a problem with overheating before, but I play pretty old games such as Starcraft, Diablo II and Counter-Strike to name a few. CA is pretty intense on the hardrive because of how much memory it uses. I could feel how hot the sides of my computer were after playing it.

I find CA doesn't crash if I play for about an hour or so, and then let my computer rest for at least 5 minutes. So I'm guessing it is an overheating issue... or at least it has something to do with why it's crashing.

Do you think if I put a fan or something beside my computer it would be able to cool it down? My computer already has 3 built in fans running. >__>

Thanks in advance.

Arriaga

Hello guys im new to the forums not to the game lol just joined july/3/2009

Im having a similar issue. i Start up the game Evey thing is runing Fine then i join a game the game runing fine as Im runing the game playing in a sever 2 or 3 sometimes 1min the game locks up have to Mim the game and go back up
then less then 60 sec it Happens again

but When it frezzes The Video STOPS then and i hear shooting me dieing then the sound skips two !! And i know its not Lag

i have reinstalled it 5 time
i followed that dude name [love] on his lag thing it gave me an other 1min b4 it locks up THanks
i have ran it b4 on this computer but last time it had the same pm But some how stoped And I was able to play the Game Just Fine ...well now its not stoping

i remmber my friend Messing with the Graphics controles of the game and it fixed it ....but i forgot and i messed with it its and its not working lol
But i played the game b4 on this pc its been while i last played 2008

my lab top is A

*Toshiba
*AMD Turion 64x2 1.80 GHz
*ATI Graphics card X1200
*1 Gb Ram sooon i well have 2 an a hafe Gb
Windows Vista Home premim 32bit <i hate vista>
*And MY LAPTOP IS willed Cooled (fan on it all the time lol )
*My internet is DSL( 1mb a sec) i never had pm with lag !!!!
* my highest reslotion is 1280 by 800 pixels

PLz help

Werbung: