Can the Wii cut it...?

ssechaud1982

I think everyone has read how the Wii doesn't pack as much graphical 'punch' as PS3 & Xbox 360 does. But do you think the Wii will be able to handle conversions of the games coming out like GTA4, UT3, COD4 etc? I guess if developers wanted to they could cut back on the graphics enough to get them working, but I wonder if they could be bothered. Do you think the opportunity to get their games used with the Wiimote would entice them to do it or put them off?

Werbung:

Hyrules007

What Rockstar should do is develop a Wii exclusive Grand Theft Auto (GTA) game. San Andreas pushed the PS2 to its limits with its huge world but it never pushed the Xbox to its limits, because they simply ported San Andreas to the Xbox without any drastic changes in the graphics.

The point that I'm getting to is if Rockstar made an exclusive (GTA) game from the ground up for the Xbox, it would look at the very least 2x better than San Andreas. Now since the Wii is arguably twice as powerful than the Xbox thanks to more pipelines, a GTA game built from the ground up on the Wii would look at the very least 4x better than San Andreas.

I would be happy enough with a Grand Theft Auto 4 times better looking than San Andreas.

Phillysoul11

i think that they can but they wont, the wii isnt known for its graphics, its known for its gameplay and that is what nintendo is probably focusing on.

TimpZ

but if they built it from the ground-up for PS3 the Wii would be screwed. We can't do anything about those things because PS3 has more handling-power... I don't think developers would bother that much...

Danny

Yes they could cut it..
We also have some crazy games coming out.. With mario galaxy already with 700,000 reserves.. So I'm sure it could.

gunners-4-life

lu1g1 said:
gunners-4-life said:
dunno, wii ati graphics arent great but if rockstar bother to

what??? did you finish your sentance?? if rockstar bother to what?

sorry suddenly got the blue screen of death

dunno, wii ati graphics arent great but if rockstar bother to actually downgrade them, they need to think that it will be worth it, the wii is more of a kiddie console

Squiddy

I on't think Wii will be able to handle games like RE5 and the like.

But if the developer actually BOTHERED to use the technical resources they had, they can make a stunning looking game.

Shenmue on Dreamcast is a case in point proving a console's power when no one else bothered.

beerbert

wiis graphics arent the best everyone knows that but its how u play the games cuz nintendo mostly work on gameplay than graphics take the ds! great gameplay with the touch but graphics arent that good

sharp141

being curious
why did nintendo give the wii bloody n64 graphics (exageration, more like GC)
cmon nintendo, if you wanna win the next gen console wars then you need better graphics, doesnt matter wich is the best game console, the console with best graphics always win

Danny

sharp141 said:
being curious
cmon nintendo, if you wanna win the next gen console wars then you need better graphics, doesnt matter wich is the best game console, the console with best graphics always win

I'm sorry i'm going to give you a big fat..
FALSE
The game with the best graphics doesn't win... Look at the sales..PS3 is dead last..

Werbung:

Kailas

A lot of people are saying that the only thing going for the Wii is it's control scheme and novelty. Frankly, I disagree. I'm honestly happy with the way Wii games are looking at this point. Battalion Wars 2 looks pretty nice, SMG looks stunning, and everything from SSBB is looking fantastic so far. I'm not saying that the Wii can even get near the PS3 in terms of graphical power, but does it really need to?

sharp141 said:
being curious

Have you checked the sales charts for the last gen systems? The PS2 trounced the other two systems and had the least graphical power of the whole pack.

On another note:
Wii.png