Desperate

sw@b

the problem: i get alot of 5-8 sec lag during CZ or while useing my webcam

wat ive done: surfed the web for similar issues, recieved no helpful advice...read the support section for the official steam site...it said to check my Wireless Connection Zero thingy...did that and went to PCpitstop.com and ran diagnostic stuff...it gave me more options which i fixed. Other than that i need to talk to the ISP ppl and see if they can fix something on their end....

if anyone has any other answers (besides gettin new hardware) id appreciate it

Werbung:

SamSeed

Try going to www.dslreports.com. They have some tools as well to check your broadband settings... Give them a shot.. Also make sure you turn off your antivirus and all other crap you dont need..

Palooza

My random guess would be your router (or software pertaining to your router). I am assuming you're using a router because you said wireless.

Routers tend to flux with the connection, especially if your computer is wireless and not hard wired into it. Basic suggestion is to make sure your software for your router is up to date.

When did this problem start and what, if anything, did you add around the time the problem started?

DigitalSword

SWABBY, BUDDY, Digi's advice is this:

Just get out of whatever 3rd world country your in, problem solved.

|DS|

PS> get out of the military too while your at it. Please.

sw@b

DigitalSword said:
SWABBY, BUDDY, Digi's advice is this:

Just get out of whatever 3rd world country your in, problem solved.

|DS|

PS> get out of the military too while your at it. Please.

amen brah....amen....ok all you hosers...im NOT webcammin in-game...i dont run ANY program while im gaming....the only thing diff is my ISP...im goin to talk to them tomorrow...maybe they will add a CZ/steam server for me :D

MoneyShot

I know certain routers re-authenticate occassionally depending on their security settings, this produces similar symptoms to what you are describing.

What kind of router are you using, do you know what your settings are?

MoneyShot

how does your computer connect to the internet then? You said you have a wireless. Like a wireless in a laptop?

I must be completely lost on how you connect to the internet. We are saying router because of the check your wireless thingy.

Do you have a modem?

imported_SuXoR

Listen neighbor, he has AOL. He turns on his puter and the AOL technology transcieves the harmonic signal from the chipset thermocoupling with leading edge gate logic which makes the jk flipflops accept the triple redundant encryped packet signal in the proper sequence to synchronize with the tcp stack.

SO

The problem clearly lies within.

sw@b

SuXoR said:
Listen neighbor, he has AOL. He turns on his puter and the AOL technology transcieves the harmonic signal from the chipset thermocoupling with leading edge gate logic which makes the jk flipflops accept the triple redundant encryped packet signal in the proper sequence to synchronize with the tcp stack.

SO

The problem clearly lies within.

ROFLOLOL

ok....i connect useing cat 5 cable...i assume its connected to a router which is hidden from my veiw....if you hackers can give me commands to access it thatd be awesome :D otherwise i have to go thru my isp who i just sent an email regarding my problem as the guy that takes my money for them cant help

Werbung: