Do you see WiiWare surpassing the XBLA?

I certainly do. It has a LOT of potential and many titles are already taking advantage of what the service has to offer. I'm really looking forward to many titles and it's certainly got more "hype" than some of the XBLA new releases, in my books.

Werbung:

Sousanator

Most definitly not, unless the wii gets a hard drive.
A lot of the best titles on XBLA have more mb's the the wii even has to offer.

The graphics are limited as is, and because of the wiis tiny 88mb of space, wiiware titles have very little hope to make a decent looking 3D game, meaning most wiiware games will remain 2D.

I didn't consider the memory problem but that was intentional.

It's hard enough to code a game, let alone, code it so that it can take advantage of motion controls.

If anything, the XBLA developers are given less freedom and with Nintendo's WiiWare service, they're given more room to move around, if you will.

Additionally, WiiWare is tapping into a much more diversified market than developers could using the XBLA.

There are many developers that have already commented that they enjoy working with Nintendo's WiiWare service much more than the XBLA for varying reasons.

I can see why.

dogbone27

I don't see it surpassing XBLA, because of the Wii memory vs the 360 memory, though in the future i think it may have a chance of being about even

jesta

As long as Nintendo gets its pricing right!!

At the moment there seems to be no price structure, some of the lower quality titles are the same price as big budget titles?? How can this be?? Still work needs to be done!

Depends on the replayability appeal (which I doubt) and size of the games (more likely), last I heard. The pricing is quite varied but it ranges from 300-2000, not including potential DLC.

Like Dr. Mario is 1000 but I think this is mainly because it could've been 800 but then they had Wi-Fi added which bumped the price up.

Werbung:
First off, that's the point.
Second of all, not all WiiWare games are. Many have a lot of depth to them from what I've seen of upcoming titles. And play Defend Your Castle. I've clocked a ton of hours already with my friend. It's so much fun and so challenging!

imo, from what I hope to see come to WiiWare very soon, and especially with how much I absolutely love Defend your Castle and considering how awesome some of the games will be/are (see: LostWinds, which I have yet to try), WiiWare already HAS surpassed the XBLA imo.