DVD burning?

Werbung:

imported_SuXoR

Yes and no. The drag and drop actions you are referring to are known a packet writing. If you have roxio or nero full versions then you most likely have some form of packet writing capability.

With that said I personally do not like packet writing. The disks can only be read with the software that created them (unless finalized, but when you finalize you can no longer write to that disk) and it wastes media (dvds are still not cheap).

Why not just burn a normal data disk? What size files are you working with? It is for archiving purposes or temporary storage?

I bought a pack of dvd-rw for backing up photos and word files but cant get the drive to do anything, it will burn cd's with winmedai but thats about all I can figure out.
I still have a copy of DVDxcopy I use on the old vaio but more and more flicks are copy protected it seems the last 5 times I wanted to make a backup for blockbuster (incase anything hapend to my rended copy while I had it rented of course) it fails :( and I never go it to work on this computer at all.

imported_SuXoR

I regret to say that I have not been involved in "backing up" movies and games for the past few years. There are probably people here who do keep up on this. (it should be done PM)

I can say that back in the day I used to frequent www.gamecopyworld.com and www.cdcopyworld.com

There were many good resources there.

well I don't need help with that, just getting to where I can burn all the digital images on my computer for archiving, backup. my daughter gets the camera out now and again and burnd 50+ pictures off, I edit the file and save the cute stuff on the computer.

imported_SuXoR

Okay. Since you are only burning photos, just use CD-Rs. Your burner should be able to handle them no problem, and they are much cheaper than any dvd media. It just seems like a 4+ gig dvd is overkill unless you are burning a massive amount of photos. Just my opinion.

Now, I do not have any experience burning cd's with windoze media or any other native windoze application. I almost exclusively have used different flavors of Nero for the past 5 years. I don't know what burning app you got with your computer or burner, but I would recommend using it. If you don't mind shelling out a few $$, I find Nero to be a very good burning app.

Do you know what burning app came with your burner or computer?

Werbung: