Enemy Down.

DigitalSword

Digi is out. Rejoice for now but when i get back itll be all over like SARS in asia.

Lats nite, i did a random reboot and the rig died. not really sure why but while im reinstalling windows, im just going to revamp the whole deal once again, thus, im out of comission for a while.

Casualty, if you could give me a list of items im going to want thatd be great.

What ive got.

Soyo p4y-vgm 133mhz FSB (not sure if its the prescott ready version)

Intel P4 2.8 ghz(not a prescott)

512 mb DDR

Nvidia 6200 256mb AGP8x

300w Power Supp, 3 fans, not including the heatsink, for a total of 4.

I imagine ill want a better power sup, along with motherboard(wasnt that lanparty one good?). So if you can tell me what items i can get for decent ebay prices that will work with my gear i would be grateful.

I am NOT looking to upgrade my processor or my video card as both are more than adequate.

I am NOT looking to spend $2000

Give me realistic answers please.

Thank much.

|DS|

Werbung:

Casualty

anything with a socket 478 for a mobo.

dont upgrade you psu for now you wont need it.

maybe some ram but that is a option that you can do later.

btw for 2k you can biuld from the ground up :)

*edit*

jsut checked newegg real fast and you can pick up something new for $50 so you might not want to go used. also if your bent on a psu then go for a 40-50 dollar one. for psu's its pretty much you get what you pay for

am i invited? i'll bring cheeeeeeese dip?

Tell me what you think of this;

ASUS P4P800E-Deluxe
add another 512 RAM (preferably PC3200 if thats what you got)
Like Cas said, power supply should be ok

That MoBo is the one I have on the server I'm running for HLC and it's really reliable. Comes with two Ethernet ports for 2 diff networks as well as 8 usb ports and supports upto 800MHz FSB. I think your 2.8 is a 533MHz FSB. I've been building computers for 7 years now and i find it's not a good idea to go cheap on the MoBo, esspecially if your thinking of upgrading later.

Werbung: