Fladian Rules :wink:

Werbung:

Fladian

Excuse me? I obviously missed something, but my apologies, I'm still sleeping at 5 AM... usually. Though I must admit, I was awake this night at 5 AM. I had a really bad sleep and I had to leave home quite early today (7:15 AM) which I'm not really used to. Alas the reactions: "Wow! You look tired!" (- Elianne) and "What the hell are you doing here at this time? Go to bed!" (- Irene). It probably showed that I was tired.

Note: Not necessary to read the blog of text, but if you are in for a laugh, it might be a bit fun. =)

Flad, I don't think I would be unpleasant. Highly doubt it.
I was speaking in general, Undead. Not everyone would like it just as much. =)

However, Flad has the ability to deal with it himself, and so I can sit back and watch.
My activity has decreased dramatically over the past... weeks/months. I've been (somewhat) busy with school and few related business to it (I might be intending to switch schools), this caused a decrease in my activity (most likely). I used to check forums multiple times a day (morning, afternoon, evening - and at special occasions, nights), which decreased to an evening (and/or late afternoon) only... and when I'm bored at school.
Not to mention that I recently had a change of my school-scheldue (ironically shortly after Franklin bought me an agenda) which resulted in many more classes (and several extra free hours at some very annoying times, such as today). Where we (my friends and I) were complaining earlier about too little classes, we are now complaining about too many. "Every monday we have something new to complain about." (- Me)

The questions remains though, do we attend to all classes. Some people don't even bother to show up from time to time and others have a tendacy to leave early (*cough*me*cough*) because the remaining classes just aren't worth the time. Or people start to think of an other word to replace the word 'school,' "Movement-therapy." (- Franklin) or they just find a way to make it entertaining "Erwin and I have some secret stories about you." (- Youssef).
Of course there are others that just dominate the entire school area by calling teachers "Hello, this is Elianne from class B4. Do you remember me?" (- Elianne) or just sending them text-messages on their phone "Lunch is ready, are you coming to pick it up?" (- Franklin). Others just use computers to chat with the teacher "I'm chatting with the teacher." (- Youssef) Others just bring objects to school to make it more enjoyable. "No! You didn't really buy a cucumber, did you?!" (- Martijn). Or they make use of it to entertain others; "We all know Talisa had a LOT of fun with that cucumber on her own." (- Wim) Others try to bribe fellow students to do some stupid stuff "I'll give you 50 euros if you put some Dreft in your mouth" (- Franklin) or they go a step further, and bribe teachers "What about you Ms Arissen? 50 Euros for swallowing a bit of Dreft." (- Franklin & Mohammed) What makes the school entertaining on itself can be the teachers too. Sometimes they forget they are giving class while being surrounded by students "I came here to do something... huh?" (- Wagener) or they are quickly distracted when someone starts talking about a common interest "YOU are for Heerenveen?!" (- Nabben) Others try to entertain them selves by trying to shut a specific student up by saying things they don't want to hear. "You stop laughing! I am getting sick and tired from those constant grinning!" (- Visser) while others just let everyone do whatever they please. "What is the email of that friend of yours at MSN? I'd like to add him too." (- Arissen)
Of course there are other ways to keep yourself amused as well. Nothing equals a nice song when singing together with a lot of friends. "I want you! Stay with me! Love me! Never leave again!" (- Franklin, Wim, Elianne & Me) even if this results in comments of people you just don't want to hear "YOU have a boyfriend? Wow... I didn't think you were the type to have one" (- Surella) or are trying to avoid "Her parents don't like you? Why? We got the time. Tell us." (- Talisa) Other people just like school because there are certain people there which is just a load of fun to be with, "Erwin, have you seen Martijn or Wim?" (- Irene) or when they are just meeting each other, despite the akward reactions, "Oh! So you are the famous Erwin they have been talking about for months." (- Marloes) Of course a few jokes are not out of the question too when they start talking about how you can demolish a car "I already tried it with a condom." (- Talisa) But introductions in general remain fun, especially when someone has a temporary stroke of amnesia "I'm eightteen... no! Nineteen! Wait, I'm still eightteen. No, wait, I got nineteen. Or am I eightteen. No, I'm nineteen. Yes, I'm sure." (- Elianne) or simply let others tell about them selves "Wim isn't reliable." (- Me) or let people find out by them selves "I love screwing up other people's project." (- Franklin) Of course there are also people that lie about their selves intentionally "I'm dominant? HOW?" (- Franklin) or not intentional "Hey, I can be smart from time to time." (- Elianne) Sometimes people are even in for a big surprise when they don't know much about someone. "What?! She's thirty?!" (- Marloes) Rumors also remain fun, especially if you don't like that person "Everyone is sure he's gay; he's just denying it." (- Erik) It often is unfortunate to hear things when you DO like the person "Talisa hates school. She never comes." (- Lawin) What is even worse is when you hear bad rumors about yourself, "He always stays with the same people. He should go talk more with others." (- Lawin) or funny ones "Ohh! So you like Talisa!" (- Surella). Then there are of course the people that don't even know your name despite being classmates for half a year "Hey Erik!" (- Emina) Those rumors can always be confirmed, especially if you hear them yourself and try to say something about it. Of course that can go wrong too "So you admit that you like Talisa?" (- Pinar) or people start to get curious "But do you really like Talisa or not?" (- Melissa) or others are just trying to find a boy- or girlfriend "Is Franklin single?" (- Bouchra) regardless of how desperate one of those two people are "So if you have a girlfriend, you just hit on other girls as well?" (- Bouchra). Others don't care about this; they already have a healthy relationship "We broke up twice during a month." (- Talisa) and those with an unstable relationship "I heard she has a relationship of nine years now." (- Rinaldo) and others only don't want to have a relationship at school "I don't want a school-relationship" but sometimes they change their mind minutes later "Talisa and I have a school-relationship." (- Franklin) Others remain loyal to their boy- or girlfriend "Go ask Franklin if he's engaged." (- Melissa) and others to their cucumber "Did you really buy one for Martijn?" (- Wim).
But still, school has a tendacy to start early, and not everyone is used to it "I don't know when the lessons start, so I always take the first three hours off" (- Bouchra) or pleasantly adjust their own private scheldue to it "School? Oh yeah... I haven't been there for a month now" (- Felix). Others just need a little boost at the start "Talisa! Get me coffee!" (- Franklin) or need to be left alone "I'm cranky when I haven't slept well" (- Elianne). This could always get a bit out of hand, "This is my eight cup of coffee in an hour." (- Franklin) or result in the annoyance of the people that help them "I don't want to get your coffee. Ask Wim, Felix or Erwin!" (- Talisa). But still, it becomes tiresome if you call people at their full name all the time, "Rarely does someone call me Ed out here," (- Me) so people start to think of names for each other "If Franklin is too hard to remember, you may call me Franky too" (- Franklin) or announce to be called like that "You wear make-up? Oh, then I'm going to call you Erika from now on!" (- Martijn) others try to find a way to remember a name "I'm going to call you Alien from now on" (- Former boss of a friend) or simply call you something completely different "Edwin!" (- Alan). Others prefer to be called by their full name because it just sounds better "If you don't want to call me Wim, you have to call me Wimpy... and that just sounds bad." (- Wim) Sometimes people just ask for getting a nickname "Wagener is the nutty professor" (- Me) because of their personality. This is not always obvious, sometimes they just need someone to spit it out "Erwin is rude!" (- n/a, I never found out who wrote it) or just someone blunt "Preety is as stubborn as hell, Elianne is the laziest person I've ever met and Franklin is arrogant" (- Me). Of course secrets are spilled too "Franklin is scary" (- Emina), whether liked or not "Erwin and I have secret stories about you." (- Youssef)
But the fact remains that a lack of classes was a problem earlier the year. Not everyone minded it too much "I demand more classes!" (- Alan) but others just wanted it really badly "Oh!! Now I get it! You just want to go home, huh?" (- Elianne). But what do you do when you are killing time? Everyone has their own way "Let's go smoke one" (- Chris) but others make it a group activity "Let's go play cards." (- Erik) or give a quick teaching-lesson "I'll teach you to play Poker" (- Franklin) or even involve the teachers "Do we got a new poule?" (- Nabben). Not every teacher appreciates it though, "Are you going to pay attention in your classes or do you want to leave immediately?" (- Visser). Others are just always cranky "Visser is pot. Pot. Vis. Potvis." (- Martijn) but you get used to it "Ignore Visser." (- Me). Other teachers are very well loved because of their reactions "What are you talking about Erik? I'm only a bit older than you are" (- De Beer) or their actions "I had a price-ticket on my pants?" (- Wagener), others just start learning from others "I don't know shit of ICT!" (- Tekla) or are being influenced to do stuff too "You got class from me NOW?" (- Van Dijk) but the original remains the best "YOu got class NOW?" (- Wagener). Teachers are sometimes even surprised we got this amount of classes "Maybe I should give more classes" (- Arissen) but others just misunderstand it "You have one class A DAY?!" (- Wagener). Nonetheless, everyone has a favorite teacher "We all hate Visser, get on with it." (- Martijn) and a combined hated one "Nabben was great." (- Erik, Melissa & Me)
Something most people agreed on was that project-day is a great day. We have a lot of freedom there and we can do whatever we please as long as we finish the assignments on time. But there are always some people who know more about it "Franklin is the only one who knows about this kind of stuff" (- Me) and are therefore the best "Martijn as a big support, Talisa as the coffee-bringer and you are a great researcher" (- Franklin). Normally there is one rival "I wonder who is smarter... Irma or Franklin" (- Melissa) to the smartest or most arrogant "Franklin isn't half as stubborn as I am." (- Irma). This does not make someone liked immediately "I have a hunch you don't like Irma." (- Franklin) nor someone disliked "I hate Franklin." (- Irma). This often increases the curiousity of people when they have to work together "Irma and Franklin are in the same group!" (- Melissa) but people never bet on it "They either become the best team ever, or they'll kill each other. Eitherway is a win-win situation for me." (- Me) because that's faaar too risky. People never bet on things here "How much? 5 Euros this week?" (- Danny) and teachers are always against such things "5 Euros? You guys are making me go broke!" (- Nabben). But those results remain the same, yet it remains unfortunate when the deal is off because of the unexpected. When someone gets sick as example "Do you got a soa, Franklin?" (- Nina, Martijn, Talisa, Wim & Silke), but rarely do people accept how bad the illness can be "Bullshit!" (- Me) but sometimes people are quickly convinced "I had to crawl to my chair from my bed." (- Franklin) because such people are always honest "I'm no racist. They just need to listen to me." (- Franklin)
School friendship is often temporarily or it just stays within walls "I go to school to study, not to make friends." (- Erik), sometimes at this stage of life those friends become outside of school friends too "Feel like coming to Monaco with me?" (- Franklin). But not everyone feels that way "Your boyfriend is on this school?" (- Irma). Others just extend the quality time with someone from school "What are you doing here?" (- Elianne) or force to extend it "Wanna miss a buss?" (- Rinaldo). This never leads to nicknames though "You're really the type of person that shows-up-at-places-where-you-least-expect-him." (- Elianne). Sometimes people wait for others at school (or out of school) to wait for someone, "You can really wait for hours?" (- Talisa), others don't have a lot of patience "You're really impatient, aren't you?" (- Me) while others do have a lot of patience "Go home already!" (- Elianne). Others just go to really weird lengths to stay with their friends "Why don't you just take the train with us to the central station and then go back by bus?" (- Wim) or for a guy they really like "Wim promised to go with me!!" (- Irene) or for a girl they really like "I'm going to supermarket. Melissa, Elianne, Talisa, feel like tagging along?" (- Me) or just saying hi, "I'm going to the supermarket, want something too?" (- Me). Sometimes they don't even need to ask, "You bought me a lotto-ticket?" (- Elianne) but you already know what they want "You shouldn't have." (- Doreen) and sometimes they put enough pressure on you to get something "He's going to buy a present for us." (- Hamida). Rarely does it happen that someone does buy something for someone though "Damn! Erwin! You're santa claus!" (- Martijn) because, well, we just aren't that friendly "If you buy me Dreft, I'll buy you an agenda." (- Martijn) and we are quite greedy to keep our own money "I'm now officially broke. Unless I can make someone happy with 5 cents?" (- Me) but no one ever asks for it "Can you give me those 5 cent?" (- Franklin & Khani), but when someone gives something, he never gets anything in return either "Erwin! Here is your new agenda." (- Franklin) but others always think that is very logical "He really bought you an agenda?" (- Elianne). I personally only give a present at special occasions "Congratulations on getting your car license." (- Me) but I never do anything at lesser moments "Here is your cucumber!" (- Me). But I never run out of money, so that's no problem "Crap! If I knew I would meet you here and now, I would've spared some money and bought you something!" (- Me), unfortunately I never get anything in return "Don't be shy, just grab anything you want." (- various) But friendship "Shut up you fucking pile of talking shit!" (- Franklin) and love "I love the shoating, swearing and hitting each other." (- Wim) is all I really want "What kind of a man are you if you don't like beer?!" (- Irma). But never did I showed a sign of people like another specific classmate of mine "If that guy isn't gay, I am. Aren't you a classmate of him, Erwin?" (- Franklin)... or perhaps rarely. "You're no real guy, Erwin." (- Alan)
Names always cause confusion at my school "Erik! Uh... Edwin! Uh... Ed?!" (- Alan), but it just takes adjustment to get used to it "I'm happy you learned my real name." (- Me) no matter how odd the name is "Alan is a girls name?" (- Erik). But even after six months, not everyone knows each other's name "Are you Erik or Erwin?" (- Emina) but that isn't always intentional "I don't bother to learn all those foreigners names." (- Wim, Martijn & Elianne) but sometimes it is "What was the name of the girl we were hanging out with yesterday?" (- Elianne), but it sometimes is a bit embarrassing "WHO is Khani? I am embarrassed to dead!" (- Franklin) but that is quickly fixed when you get friends with them, "Who the heck are you?" (- Miriam)

So what can I say? I hate school.

However, this topic isn't about me after all, so you can rant on about how great Flad is now.
That's creepy to hear. =P

And if I personally asked him to, I think he would.
Think again. ;) =P It would depend on the nature of the thread, of course.

I'm sure Flad would say I don't deserve any XD
Those are your words. Not mine. *turns the other way laughing*

Haha, oh that's rich. I'm sure Flad will LOVE to read this. Or hate it. Either way, he'll disagree.
Too bad he wasn't here to respond right now.
Disagree on what? That you're a good moderator? I have nothing to comment on that. Too strict for my liking though, but that is no big secret as following rules have never been one of my good points. "Working in different groups? Mwah... ignore that." (- Franklin)

Although IMO Fladian is better.
Thank you, but in moderating rules, Undead is far better than I am. I only keep people to some basic rules (don't flame, as example) and the rules I keep myself to as well, but besides that, I often let people do whatever they please. In that point of view, I am not strict at all, rather the opposite. But then again, I am not much of a leader. "You posses all qualities to be an excellent leader. Why don't you stand up, take the lead and direct everyone to a successful result? Why waste it?" (- n/a; never learned her name and because she left school soon afterwards (despite being a teacher) I never had time to find out who she was)

Mavus

... Ummm maybe you want to shorten your posts. But anyway, thanks for such a long post I dunno if I'll even have time to read :).

Undead_Lives

I read most of it :p
Think again. ;) =P It would depend on the nature of the thread, of course.
That means I'll need internet access from wherever I am...
Disagree on what? That you're a good moderator? I have nothing to comment on that. Too strict for my liking though, but that is no big secret as following rules have never been one of my good points. "Working in different groups? Mwah... ignore that." (- Franklin)
There ya go Mavus, I'm here to balance out Flad :p
He's lax, most of the time, and I'm serious, some of the time :p

Fladian

i assume this is one of thoose posts that your talking about when u say this isnt a long post... u should see some others
The post earlier? That post isn't that long. It is a list of what I like (and dislike) from my school with quotes of my friends to back it up with. I personally thought it was pretty funny. Despite that I won't force anyone to read it, it might be funny. =)

But it really isn't that long. I'm used to write much and much longer than that - and I will, if I need to. After all, I write for my own entertainment. =)

Werbung:

Fladian

Didn't I break the post limit twice here until the cap was removed (see: If, and only if original thread)? I, Alakazam and ML constantly bounced against the post limit at Pgamers several years ago? I probably bumped a couple of times against a limit at Wc3c if it had a limit; I don't remember too much of my posts out there, except that there was a number of people that complained about the size. That's just about it...

Forgotten Wars, Radiofreak, Animereactor and all Writer's forum I attend(ed) to have no limit. Forgotten Wars is the forum where my largest (non-story) post (by far) was posted. I never reached the SCH-fansite post limit because my posts are relatively small out there.

Oh, despite that I never reached the limit of AC-forum, I did reach the smiley's cap. (which wasn't that hard)

But this has nothing to do with the size of posts. Everyone who complains that my posts are "large" should really stop complaining about it, because it is likely it is still quite short compared to those which I call "big." Writing (fiction, non-fiction, journalism, poetry, lyrics, text messages, I like them all in no particular order) is something I enjoy and I have no problem to place my entire opinion on paper. One of the reasons why I like (proper) debates.