forget burst fire mode

Werbung:

--Rimwrecker

The Glock which is used in CS was actually toned down for balancing purposes. In real life, the Glock used in CS actually has auto-fire, but they made it burst-fire so it wouldn't completely own the USP on (first) pistol rounds.

Ramon Knight

Good way to turn someone into a spaghetti strainer without actually knocking them back.. i thought the guy was missing till i saw all those holes appear.

Swearengen

Combat Tupperware!!! Cant stand the Glock in this game or real life. Give me a USP, a Sig, or even a 5.7 instead---not that goddamn plastic peashooter. I want something that causes REAL damage when the lead slaps into em.

mYth

a wide ejection port allows for shell casings to fly out thus no jams...but the Glock 18 is a pos newayz.....i'll take either my dualie USP's or the 92FS

Swearengen

Ruger headquarters is in a town about 10 minutes from me. Sad reality
is that a few years back they offered to supply local police with free
pistols as a promotional deal----all the towns turned them down and bought glocks, berettas, colts, or sigs. Ruger's president freaked out when that went public.

Ruger makes good, inexpensive guns---here's the problem with that: when your life is on the line NOBODY cares how much a dependable/powerful handgun costs.

I like their rifles, but theyre not making a defensive handgun I'd buy.
Their target pistols are nice though.

stoned_MONKee

I'll put my .357 Mag. up against almost any handgun; If it don't drop ya it will still stop ya -who needs more then six shots anyway! It is also nice because you can take it to the range and blow off .38 rounds that are a hell of a lot cheaper. Screw all these fancy scmancy polimer p.o.s. pistols; the revolver has been around for over 100 years; it is simple and foolproof -not to mention you can blast thousands of rounds through it and it will keep comeimg back for more.

Swearengen

My smith&wesson K-frame has well over 2000 rds thru it and still fires groups like its fresh out of the box. Imho, revolvers are fine for home defense, but theyre tough to conceal (because theyre not slab-sided) unless you shorten the barrel and give up accuracy. I'd rather carry an extra couple of ounces (in steel and/or ammo) to be a bit more comfortable with something I wear for hours on end. My friend feels as you do though. He loves the reliability and compactness of small revolvers (he carries a 5-shot, 2 1/2" colt detective model), and he thinks Im nucking futs. Opinions of difference have we to discuss, young jedi!!!

Gotta add: my dad just said he tried to carry a specially customized and shortened colt diamondback concealed years ago but it just got too uncomfortable by 2:00pm. He got real pissed, cause he spent beaucoup $$$$ getting it customized. His substitute was going back to his colt officer's model in .45 that weighed even more than the diamondback, but he says it fits so close to yer body it feels lighter. He's been carrying that for at least 20 years now. He loves my .40 Sig for its smooth operation, but wont part with his .45 out of habit.

stoned_MONKee

I have to agree that the colt .45 auto is a great pistol, and one of the best of the semi-auto's for stopping power, compactness and reliability; I haven't played around with the sigs much yet, buth that is what they are switching to at the federal pen where I work. They just got rid of the berettas, and you know what they do with them when the're done with em? -they are inventoried and destroyed with no option to purchase (sometimes I hate government procedure).

Swearengen

The government pays a shitload of $$$$ to destroy em too. Supposedly its due to the theory that theyre afraid of flooding the gun market----thereby making used guns so cheap that the 15yr old gangster wannabes can afford one. Here's a fun gun fact: less than 1/2 of 1 percent of all gun crimes are committed by the gun's original owner.

Still sucks theyre destroyin something you'd wanna buy. I'd be heartbroken if I watched em melt down an m14 or a garand.

Werbung: