Help me!!!!!

{Iceman}

Well, with exams almost done I decided to start the celebration early by logging on and playing some CZ with the old PuNx crew. And what happens you ask. I can't log on to any server!!!!!!! I try over and over again and the same message keeps coming up:

You have been disconnected from the server.
Reason: Error verifying STEAM UserID Ticket (server was unable to contact the authentication server).

And it's not just PuNx, or LrK server, it's EVERY FREAKING SERVER (CS1.6, CZ, CSS).

What's going on? Please help, I want to get back to fraggin'.

Ice

Werbung:

WoRm5406

Yes this is a steam error.

Prob because you ahve not run it lately.

Also an update came out yesterday.

Close and restart it.

It should fix it.

{Iceman}

Yeah, I tried restarting steam. Didn't work. I do have the update. I don't know why it's not letting me connect. Can you guys think of any other reasons?

SJsniperjoe

1 out of every 3 tries for me and I get that same stupid thing, yet I never got it before. It happened recently whatever that steam error is... Like i'm talking in the last 2 weeks. It normally works after a few tries of turning steam on and off or restarting the computer.

blze

have you really been gone a semester already? or was it half of one? seems like just yesterday.... i digress. if a steam/system reboot won't do the trick make sure there are no new settings on the ol' firewall.

i got that same message yesterday from the Punx CSS server and i think it was because there was a source update that had not yet been applied on the server. dont know how to do a manual check for current version with steam but perhaps thats a path worth wandering.

wish i could be more help. mew.

Happened to me too. But the only server I was able to play on was Punx. I also heard that I needed to restart after reading Steam updates. So I waited for a Steam update and than restarted my PC and I was able to play on the other servers. Suc Ass :lol:

TG

{Iceman}

K, so, now, I can get onto pretty much any server EXCEPT PuNx, LrK, Lo3, etc. This is really starting to piss me off. I either get the USERid Ticket error or this one:

You have been disconnected from the server
Reason: Client dropped by server

The second message used to appear before, but after a few tries, I could get on. Now, instead, i get the user id error message. I'm going to try again later. Any other suggestions would be good.

To those who responded already, thanks for your help. I'll keep plugging away. Hopefully I'll see you online sometime.

Werbung:

Loudboy

Troubleshooting Persistent Steam UserID Ticket Errors

If you have determined that the Steam network is not down and you are still receiving this error message, this issue is most likely being caused by not restarting after a Steam update has been released.

If restarting Steam does not resolve the issue, please proceed with the following steps:

1. Exit Steam
2. Delete the ClientRegistry.blob file
By default, this file may be found at C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\ (otherwise, find the Steam directory you specified when installing Steam)
3. Restart Steam