Learned how to watch movies

hockeyhero

skyclaw said:
well, how much space depends on the quality... i still havent gotten the quality level i want yet, but the file's are only still around 1 to 1.5 gigs (or 6gigs if i mess up). I'm just about to convert the movie Next into Wii format, so i'll post my results:)

whoa 1.5gigs....that a lot compared to the 2gb sd card wii can handle.....

Werbung:

skyclaw

ok, so my last attempt gave me beautiful results! but, it was 2.10 gigs... so i'm currently trimming the movie (opening credits and ending credits) to try and make it fit

well... it failed... i'm going to try a new method... i'll update when its finished

UPDATE: well, i finally did it :) i managed to get the movie Next, onto a SD card, with minimal loss to picture quality and sound. The Wii does not play anything over 30 mins... not even 30 mins 1 second, so cutting the video into 25 min sections seems to work the best. Also, make sure the video you convert to MJPEG is good quality first, otherwise (like me), you wont understand why the quality drop is so great (i was splitting the video then converting it without checking in between)... Hope this helps :D

Danny

Ryano said:
WELL DONE SKYCLAW!!!

*round of applause*

*kisses skyclaw's feet* XD
It's not that hard even an idiot can do it.. no offence.. you could even convert the files to make it compatible..

giroblade

this is a good idea but had a question if the wii will play the clips in order automatically or will we have to choose a scene every time

skyclaw

just make sure to convert them in the order you want to watch them, then use the slide show feature and select "simple" for the change style and "none" for the music. With that, it should play in order and almost seamlessly

gunners-4-life

hockeyhero said:
skyclaw said:
i got it working perfectly now, i even figured out the "MAGIC BUTTONS" which let you pause, rewind, and fast forward!!

the converter wasn't hard to find, i just went to a torrent site and typed in super video splitter. Downloaded, installed, and cracked it... Then just load up the video, make sure the settings are avi with Audio and Video compression enabled and use the divx 6.6.1 codec with mpeg 3 audio. Cutting the video is simple, just make sure the clips aren't longer than say 20-25 mins (1500 seconds). Once that is done (it takes while) you can load up your Wii Video 9 program and convert them into Mjpeg's that work on the wii. Make sure their labeled so the wii will play them in order and your done

all thats left now is to put it in your wii and play a movie

WARNING!! The quality to size ratio is huge... i took a feature length fullscreen movie and put it through this process... it was when i was still playing around with settings and what not... but the quality wasn't very good, and the size was a gig... now, making the file a 2 gig file made it almost dvd quality but maxed out the SD card...

NOW, I'm gonna tell you the controls for getting your playback to work well. First off, make sure there isn't pictures on the card as that might cause confusion (shouldn't be a problem, but its easier with a clean card) Now, when you want to watch your video and not have to manually load the next one.. just use sideshow, the playback controls still work fine :) So the actual button controlls:

Pause: this is done by hitting the "post" tab
Fast forward: done by hitting the 2 button
Rewind: done by hitting the 1 button

Now, if you have any questions... crawl through the internet for days and days like me... or just ask... but crawling is much more satisfying

thnx for the info but too bad i dont have a sd card....:mega_shok:

i really dont need to watch movies on the wii but i will keep it in mid anywayz, thanks a lot

Werbung:

beano

I'm also lazy, and having seen the amount of fiddling you've had to do I'm very, very glad I have an iPod Video to play my movies on a TV!