Lost Winds (WiiWare)

jesta

LOGO_Lostwinds.jpg

LostWindsTM; a high quality, enchanting adventure bursting with new gameplay ideas that embrace the innovative controller of the Wiiâ„¢ .
Built with Frontier’s in-house 3D game-engine technology LostWinds puts “the power of the wind in the palm of your hand†as you wield the awesome powers of Enril the wind spirit - from raging tornados to the gentlest breeze – to guide and protect Toku, a young boy who is the only one who can help you release the curse placed upon the world of Mistralis by evil Balasar. Mistralis is a stunningly presented, magical land full of wonder and intrigue that bursts to life with your every action and exploration. The game’s novel, playful control mechanism lets you use Enril’s elemental powers to help Toku in your quest to overcome Balasar – powering his jumps and glides through Mistralis’ different regions, buffeting and smashing enemies, and solving puzzles.

“LostWinds is an innovative game, and an exciting project for many reasons,†commented David Braben. “Not least the fact that it’s one of the large number of excellent concepts that have arisen through our long running internal forum discussions on game ideas. Frontier is packed full of talented game enthusiasts, and contributing creative ideas and feedback is actively encouraged. WiiWare offers a perfect extra outlet for that creativity, and I hope that LostWinds is the first of many games that will follow this process.â€

LostWinds will be available exclusively via WiiWare.

Lost winds website

01_WiiScreen_CloseUpToku_LostWinds.jpg

02_WiiScreen_TokuHome_LostWinds.jpg

03_HiScreen_Mines_LostWinds.jpg

04_WiiScreen_TokuBlown_LostWinds.jpg

05_WiiScreen_TokuDeo_LostWinds.jpg

06_WiiScreen_TokuCloseCaves_LostWin.jpg

Dev_FlightSequence_LostWinds.jpg

“It’s like a single-player co-op game,†says Frontier founder David Braben. That’s an interesting way to describe a game. It sure looks like it’s going to make one hell of an impact when WiiWare launches in May. The graphics look great, the gameplay is unique, and the controls definitely take advantage of what the Wii has to offer. This game came out of nowhere, and I think it’s safe to say that it shot up to the top of a lot of Wii owners’ lists.

Preview

Werbung:

guyofgod

Hmm....It looks like a game that someone would buy if they were 7 and it was their birthday and no good games were out :p

They're saying they're targeting Hardcore gamers with this one, as commented by a statement one of the producers/designers made. But to be honest, I can't see how hardcore gamers would be too psyched over this. I'm certainly not and I don't have any intention of buying iy.

guyofgod

Wait, so let me get this correct. That boy follows the wind? That's stupid! Who is going to be like, "Oh! The wind told me to go to this forein land and probably risk my life!" :( poor story line if you ask me...

Thats for sure. I mean cmon... Ancient relics? What game hasnt done that. And people complain Sonic games have poor story...xD

Concept IS neat though but the pricing will greatly determine if their audience hears them out...

sharp141

on the website theres another game for the wii
that says it came out on october 2007 called
"thrillville: off the rails"
have any you guys heard of this game?

Werbung:

jesta

yeah we have a pretty dead thread on thrillville. I might make a new one. But I do have thrillville, it's like a rollercoaster tycoon game, but you actually play a character and have missions to do with him/her. Also there are lots of mini-games. Sounds fun? Well it is... for a while... I haven't played it for months and months :(