Map load time

jehmann

Alright this is ridiculous all of the maps take anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes to load...by the time I can enter the game it is usually practically over...I'm not sure what is wrong so if you have any advice please don't be shy.......oh and by the way once I get into the game it runs fine, with barely any lagg.

I have 768 MB of RAM.

Werbung:

Jordan B

I have 1.5 GB, matches load in about 5-10 secs.

My friend has 1.0 GB, he loads in about anywhere from 15 secs- 30 secs- 1 min

I used to have 512 mb, I used to get in game and it would almost be finished.

Maybe run CCleaner, get a program called Game Booster , and don't run msn messenger or xfire, as well as AIM and such.

Game Booster is really good, it ends processes that are unnecessary and makes your computer alot faster.

jehmann

Alright I'll try this and see if it works.

EDIT: So let me get this straight I run this program right before I start playing CA? Or does it automatically run..? I'm sorry I sound like a tard

Jordan B

Cool, the Game Booster application is safe to use with combat arms, as it doesn't Hook it or anything.

It's CBL approved.

Jordan B

No problem dude, Glad to be of help to you. Click the little scales under my avatar and give me rep . . . . .

If you want :p

See ya, it should cut load time down quite a bit.

jehmann

Hmm, the first time I went to play it worked alright, I'd say I was playing in around 60-90 seconds, but the second time it froze up on me...Any more suggestions? I wasn't running anything when I started CA

Jordan B

It froze up ? ? ? Hrmmm. Never done that to me.

Umm , run Game Booster before you start Combat Arms (Switch to gaming mode) . Then keep playing for as long as you want. Once you're finished playing switch back to normal mode and then close the program.

It won't let you close Game Booster unless it's in Normal mode, so yeah. It cuts down loading time quite well. Especially on Vista, stops all those things I normally end manually. HPHC and such.

rocktrns

Hmm, the first time I went to play it worked alright, I'd say I was playing in around 60-90 seconds, but the second time it froze up on me...Any more suggestions? I wasn't running anything when I started CA

This works for me right click on combat arms
go to protertisethen compatiblity and set compatiblity mode to windows 98

jehmann

Alright another puzzle - I was playing today, it loaded in a decent amount of time the first time I went to play but the second time it froze up again, and I was running game booster under gaming mode.

BTW I have windows XP

rocktrns

Alright another puzzle - I was playing today, it loaded in a decent amount of time the first time I went to play but the second time it froze up again, and I was running game booster under gaming mode.

BTW I have windows XP, and when I go to properties, then compatibility there is no windows 90 option, just windows 95, windows 98, windows NT 4.0, and windows 2000

no windows 98 sorry it should work

Kanoro

Alright this is ridiculous all of the maps take anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes to load...by the time I can enter the game it is usually practically over...I'm not sure what is wrong so if you have any advice please don't be shy.......oh and by the way once I get into the game it runs fine, with barely any lagg.

I have 768 MB of RAM.

i have 446mb of ram and it takes me on average 2 and a half minutes to load a map and mabye a minute and a half on a good day. fireteam takes literally 5+ minutes to load followed by alot of lag. i get little to no lag in normal games except i get spawn lag for the first few seconds.

Skullkrunchr

I have 2.00gb of ram on a hd tv with a ati graphics card 150mb somewere close to 200mb but it still takes mine forever to load and i have nothing running except my system32 files or whatever they are and also if anyone can help me with this problem when start combat arms it says d3dx9_39.dll is misssing but game still runs and all THE ONLY thing is i can't see my pistols and when i play spy hunt i cant see none of the guns with superspy whitch made me mad cause i got ss when i first joined >.<.but i cant see no pistols or shoot them or the super spy's weps.I REINSTALLED ALREADY SAME THING..(never touched combat arms files btw).

Werbung: