Slow load times. No excuses!

Kanoro

Hey I know that many people have posted threads about this before but I'm just extremely confused about WHY I load so ridiculously slow. A 1 vs 1, at Junk Flea, with all of the settings on the minimum takes me 2 minutes MINIMUM. An average game takes me about 2:45 - 3:30. Here are my system specs:

Manufacturer: Compaq Presario 061
Processor: AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3200+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.8GHz
Memory: 446MB RAM
Hard Drive: 72 GB
Video Card: ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series
Internet Connection: High Speed Cable

I am well aware that my system specs are probably the crappiest ones that anybody has ever seen BUT. Here are the minimum required settings for Combat Arms.

Windows 2000 or XP
• Pentium 3, 1 GHz
• 256Mb RAM
• GeForce 2 MX or equivalent video card
• DirectX 9.0C
• 2Gb Hard Disk Space
• 128 kb/s Internet Connection

Here's the thing. I've played Warrock. It isn't as graphicly demanding as Combat Arms but the graphics do come pretty close. Aside from the graphics, The maps are humungous, some taking 5 minutes to cross. That and the fact that It has vehicles and twice as many players per game as Combat Arms. Also another game called Parabellum has AMAZING graphics. I downloaded it closed beta and I only got 9 fps literally BUT. It only took me 10 secs to load the map. So my question is, despite all those factors WHY DOES COMBAT ARMS TAKE SO LONG TO LOAD? Why do warrock and parabellum load in 10 secs average? Also I'd like you to know that I defragged, virus scanned, cleaned registry, used gamebooster and all that good stuff. Combat Arms still takes 2 mins average to load while Parabellum and WarRock barely take 10 seconds.

Werbung:

spuznick242

Hmm. Well I know with Warrock because my bro plays its setup completely differnt than CA, and as for parabelllum I dont know anything about, but if its in beta version, it would not be the complete version so the load times wouldn't be accurate compared to the real thing. But my suggestion to make combat arms load faster would be to delete ALL un-used and unnessarcy programs and files. I would free up as much ram and hard drive as possible because you dont have much of either. And if its still a problem, I would suggest un-installing CA and start over again and save it to the same location as where you save warrock, so the location of the file couldnt be causing any sort of a problem.

Jordan B

Combat Arms is very CPU demanding.

Click the "How to reduce Lag" link in my sig. It has some tips. I thoroughly suggest you try Game Booster.

512 mb ram doesn't help load time in Combat Arms either. But game booster will help .

BossMaroni

I DLed Game Booster last night, after 2 consecutive "connection ended" messages. I'm hopefully going to try it out tonight in FT (since I only have about 3 weeks left on my black shemagh, hehe).

I've tried CCleaner too and that helped a lot. And I've been spending time cleaning out old junk off my hard drive..

I usually take at least a minute to load the Desert Thunder map. I'm hoping to improve that (even though THAT is an improvement).

Does anyone know of a connection between hackers/glitchers and lag? (This may be a well-known thing, but I'm not the most computer-literate guy around). It ALMOST seems that if someone is hacking or glitching (both of which I frickin' LOATHE) I seem to lag more and have more connection issues. It may just be my imagination or a coincidence.

garygofast

I'm not comp literet eather I just buy another comp when mine screws up my wife just laughs at me .
But anyway when some hackers come on I get lag also some times it just gets jerky like a studer.

spuznick242

Yea, I've noticed that when their is some one using a hack like opk it seems to slow everyone down, I dont know if everyone is slowing down, or if I just think I am because I'm getting shot in the back when no one is there.

Jordan B

Through my knowledge, if there is someone you think is VIP hacking, and it's a small game, + you seem to be lagging more than normal, they probably ARE VIP hacking.

VIP hacks have to connect to a server I'm pretty sure, so they lag up room's pretty bad.

Kanoro

Hmm. Well I know with Warrock because my bro plays its setup completely differnt than CA, and as for parabelllum I dont know anything about, but if its in beta version, it would not be the complete version so the load times wouldn't be accurate compared to the real thing. But my suggestion to make combat arms load faster would be to delete ALL un-used and unnessarcy programs and files. I would free up as much ram and hard drive as possible because you dont have much of either. And if its still a problem, I would suggest un-installing CA and start over again and save it to the same location as where you save warrock, so the location of the file couldnt be causing any sort of a problem.

Well I did all that deleting files and clearing ram stuff you said. Gamebooster actually clears the ram for you. I never tried putting folder in a different location though. I'll see if it helps.

Kanoro

Combat Arms is very CPU demanding.

Click the "How to reduce Lag" link in my sig. It has some tips. I thoroughly suggest you try Game Booster.

512 mb ram doesn't help load time in Combat Arms either. But game booster will help .

I do use gamebooster. I actually told you I did in my original post.

Werbung: