Massive Lag issue

amw_drizz

Okay, I am having a massive lag issue. I know it aint my computer, and aint my internet (16/2) Play on other non Combat arms servers and my ping is at 25-50 nothing higher. I am running windows 7, tried CA in xpsp2 / sp3. compatiablity mode and no change. I even went as far as loading winxp back on the system to test it and it still laggs :mad:

My computer specs are as follows

CPU : Intel C2D E8400 OC'ed to 4.05ghz
Ram : 8gb Kingston HyperX Gaming Memory 1066
Gfx Cards : 2x nVidia 9800gtx+ OC'ed edition
HD Space : Primary Partition has about 150gb of space left,
Mainboard is EVGA 750i SLI FTW.

The system handles all games at maxed out settings @ 1280x1024 & 1360x768 flawlessly.

The problem is every time I get into a fire fight or leave I have massive lag to a point of being unable to play.

I've tested my net and my actual speed downloading files is 3324kbs with an upload of 800kbs.

I like the game, just this lag annoys me. And yes I have tried everything in that stickie reguarding lag, and still don't fix it. I've even tried playing this game at low settings and it still lags me out.

I like the game, just if this lag wasnt as bad and was more playable I would play it more.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Werbung:

RadionUK

Re: Massive Lag issue,

Looks like you need a computer upgrade to be honest :thumbup:

On a more practical note, I have (along with most of the CA community) experienced game stopping lag with this game. As far as i'm concerned, depending on where you live, your bandwidth allowance between you and your neighbours and general strains on the CA servers, you have to come to the understanding that this free game does have lag issues and it can be crippling from time to time.

I'm sorry that i don't have any advice to give you apart from give it time and try out different times of the day to play. Just because you have a good connection your end doesn't mean that you are guarenteed to enjoy a lag free game; its an unfortunate reality.

Good luck, play well :)

Rad|

MooCowMan

Re: Massive Lag issue,

He shouldn't be experiencing lag at all with his rig Radion. His system is more than enough to run Combat Arms. I don't understand why it would be lagging.

Do you have any cooling issues? What other games do you play and how well does your computer play them? With all the OC'd stuff in your computer, Cooling could very well be the issue and your GPU's or CPU are getting too hot.

What CPU cooler and what kind of case cooling do you have?

amw_drizz

Temps
CPU, 40-45c @ load, 30c at idle
GPU, 60-70c @ load (used to be 80+) and 50c @ idle
Chipset 40c Constent

Other games I play are
GTA IV,
Fallout 3,
Mass Effect,
Half-Life 2 and mods,
Call of Duty 4,
Call of Duty WaW,

Just to list a few

Hmm, i can't really think of anything.
You might want to look into a network interface card, although their effectiveness is questionable.....

Nice rig!

Werbung:

amw_drizz

Well after some digging, I found out that somewhere along the line outside of my ISP is slow, My ping to there is 15-20ms hit that server and it jumps to 800ms yikes. The router/server is out in the Midwest some where in the state of co.