mic problem

Casualty

to be honest i think i have posted this probkem before, but i dont really remeber...so here goes...

i have a soundblaster audigy 4, and when i try and use my mic in more than one program it wont allow it to be used by the second program

i.e. vent and cs, the mic works fine it which ever program, but not the second.

i have searched the net for 2 days with this problem, searched the creative forums, steampowered forums, and i ahve played with every setting i can find.

any help would be appreciated, and if you currently use a audigy 2 or 4 card and your able to use your mic in 2 programs then plz respond or catch me on aim at ca5ualty85

Werbung:

imported_SuXoR

I dunno...

Maybe completely uninstall creative drivers and apps, reboot, and reinstall.

The problem could possibly be irq sharing conflicts, maybe try a different pci slot.

Other than that, like I said, I dunno :?:

Puppet

Cas, I don't have a fix but I have reasonable thinking.

1) Either program by itself will work fine with the microphone

2) if the other program is engaged then the microphone won't work on it

So it seems to me that you have proven that everything works hardware wise, but fails software wise. So it's a software problem, and by the way, I consider drivers part of the hardware. If we think about what is happening, it seems that the I/O manager is blocking direct access to the device if it is in use already. I did research on this and came up empty handed like you. I only have two recommendations.

1) go to RUN and enter winmsd and click OK. Then go to Hardware Resources, then Conflicts and see if your Audigy adapter is listed at all.

2) Replicate the problem and then go to RUN and enter eventvwr and click OK. Look for timestamps in the APP and SYS logs that are near your replication and see if there is something that explains why we're having the issue.

blze

dang puppet, i dont get that. i can only confirm that his problem is not
unique. you have all heard my mic get choppy like im pressing and letting
go of the talk button repeatedly-its Vent running same time as cz-but if i
alt+tab out, disconnect from vent, and retry in console, i connect and can
mic in-game just fine. team speak messes cz up too, just not as bad as
vent does. i have heard of a fix, so its out there... where? sha, i wish i
could remember. ill see if some of my peeps can't hook us up with it later.

Casualty

blze if you search your problem you wil find a answer, i saw many posts about yoru problem in my search...

puppet and suxor, ty for your imput...

pup ill try your when i reformat to xp, and suxor to be honest on the way home from best buy jsut now i was thinking the same thing, im checking my mobo manuel rightnow for pci irq usage.

ty both

btw i finally got a mx518

Puppet

Casualty said:
suxor to be honest on the way home from best buy jsut now i was thinking the same thing, im checking my mobo manuel rightnow for pci irq usage.

FYI, the part where I asked you to go to the conflicts page of winmsd is where IRQ conflicts are reported, and that's why I asked you to do that. Keep in mind that IRQ's for PCI are shared, so seeing two adapters at IRQ 15 doesn't bother me, but if you see a lot at the same IRQ as your Audigy then I would be concerned enough to try to change it by reslotting or by resetting the pci config in bios to get it to reenumerate. I would also try on Miranda's panties if I were you (just typed this in to see if you really are reading everything I say to you)

Casualty

hahaha already have, and ty.... im finishing updating after this reformat then ill get on your suggests, ty again

and blze yes your problem is difrent becuase your talking about crappy sound, where i cant even use my mic

Werbung: