MMORPG beta out now for Wii's Internet Channel!(HAAALEEELUUUYAAA!)

Werbung:

sharp141

kevmaster said:
But you can see whats going on, you dont read it

an image on a site is html, just because you can see it doesnt mean it isnt text

same with that, its not made by flash or java
its html or php or summit

hullbreach

With my busy life, I keep forgetting about these forums. HullBreach Online has come a long way since the time this speculative thread was started. I've redone the main website to look kind of like Smash Bros. Dojo so that those who are curious about what the game (still in a late beta) can read about it before jumping into the action. You can see it all at HullBreach: The Online Space Epic for the Wii.

For those not sure about the graphics and programming mechanics in this thread: It is programming in HTML and JavaScript (w/ AJAX) with a PHP and MySQL back-end. The graphics are created using a combination of dynamic overlay divisions and real-time raster graphics using the canvas object to produce parallax scrolling backgrounds and sprites.

There are currently more than 2500 player accounts signed up, and the number continues to grow by the day. Go ahead and check it out! Be aware that it will also work on a computer in all browsers except Internet Explorer but that the Wii offers Wii Remote interaction, adding to the experience.

hullbreach

I just realized that my grammar was terrible in that last post. I should probably refrain from posting as I'm falling to sleep. Anyways, I have a progress list for HullBreach Online in its official forum and am posting here to give a brief overview of what the game now includes:

Completed
-Character Creation
-Character Deletion
-Simple Combat
-Contacting Planetary Inhabitants
-Database Structure
-Double-Buffered Graphics
-Graphics Pane Zooming
-Hailing Ships
-Hyperspace Jumps
-Mission Acceptance
-NPCs
-Overlay Map
-Planetary Docking/Landing
-Scanning Planets
-Ship Upgrades
-Shipyards

In-Progress
-Mission Completion (some are ready)
-More Goods
-More Missions
-More Planets
-More Ships
-More Ship Upgrades
-More NPCs

To-Do
-Player Trading
-Opera Widgets
-Tie-In with the Upcoming MMO Site http://whoisgaming.com

hullbreach

Yes, it is a MMO game. People come in waves to play, depending on where they are located. Some pop in for a few minutes, while others have played for hours.

Thank you for your detailed opinion of the game. It will help me to improve the experience for others.

Werbung:

Kirby

Wait, you have to download this? That's kind of weird since the Wii doesn't support downloads. When you say download do you just mean "load?"