Need a new mouse

Puppet

OK, this mxlaser 1000 has pissed me off for the last time. I'm checking to see if something around my desk is interfering with the RF signal it sends to the base unit, but if I don't find something then out she goes to my daughter's laptop.

I know you guys all have suggestions for everything. I need tips on a good mouse. I want it to be excellent for Counterstrike. I could give a shit what it does outside of counterstrike.

Werbung:

slick

low sensitivity------Logitech MX 510
High sens--------------Razor Diamondback...i think thats the name of it

i got the mx 510. I play with default sens: 4

Loudboy

umm. i use the mx 1000 myself with no trouble.

BUT i would have to suggest the mx 518 for counter-strike. its the new gaming mouse from logitech. its corded and very accurate

DiLLa

Crisis said:
Using a track ball is fucking gross no matter how you cut it.

lmao...anyways yeh i have a new mouse i just bought that works great its the mx518...and i use an allsop mousepad...the pad is great as well

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2142,CONTENTID=10121,ad=gmx518,srch=1,srch=1

if you arent looking to spend 50 bucks you should get the microsoft mouse

http://www.axiontech.com/prdt.php?src=FG&item=11147

plus no matter what they say about mx1000 its cordless and i have always read cordless is not suggested for online gaming

eggs

i was useing a trackball back in beta 6.5 on 56k
and owning it up... ask blz
so dont tell me it sucks

you never run out of table space or room
you are in better controle
and besides
they look cooler

Puppet

I believe you, and I think you misunderstood Dilla. He's just saying for him it sucks, and I know how he feels. I got a Microsoft trackball last time I was at their campus for like $10 brand new and figured that since it was that cheap I had nothing to lose. I found out real quick that I suck at trackball in Counterstrike. I tried hard for a day or so to get used to it but it really blows. I've thought it over and I think I could really get used to a trackball if the ball was under my middle finger instead of my thumb, and my thumb could be used for the fire button. That might work for me.

Thanks guys for all the great tips. I like what Dilla and Loudboy mentioned. I'm going to get Dilla's pad today but I'm holding off on the mouse until I prove myself wrong. I think I might have found the problem. I think it was too close to my wireless router. If you hear me bitching tonight in game then expect me to be sporting a brand new mx518 on wednesday. Thanks guys.

Puppet

OK, so I thunk wrong. The mx1000 still refused to behave ....POS... I will hook up my new mx518 and RatpadzGS tonight. New toys!!!!!!

blze

hooray, let me know how it werks, im building new box in sept.
i have logitech wireless/optical and it was win but is old now.

eggs did/does pwn some trackball, so does my boy capt. caveman
in the bf series.

Puppet

Thanks to Dilla, Crisis, and Loudboy for the advice on the mouse and pad. Nice combination. I plugged it in and went and practiced a little on LO3 and then went to the 2v2 match with Deviant. I was afraid that not being used to my new toys yet would cost us the match but I did pretty well with it.

Werbung:

Puppet

Yea, I got the 518 and the ratpad. This mouse is really cool for a couple of reasons. It has two buttons that I can use to change sensitivity on the fly during a game. Most mice have the extra buttons pre-assigned to functions which somehow causes me a lot of grief when I want to use those buttons in game for other functions, but this mouse has them totally unassigned....nice. So now I have to find that place where the mouse feels right in game. It will take some tweaking.