New Resources

Werbung:

l-hate_you

you could do food but it would be really weird... As far as I know it would be extremly hard to altar the game's interface graphics up top so there is really no real way of making more resources. HOWEVER! In gameplay interface you can change the icons and tooltip text (when you mouse over) of the gold and lumber resources...

Arkidas

If I'd be you I would simple use a multiboard for additional resources like was done in the Warcraft II 2nd generation mod for the oil.
I can upload the mod here if you want.

does anybody know a way to make more resources other than just gold and lumber in a map?
[/b]
Well, No. At least not any that you can really see...
You could though use variables to create invisible resources...kinda.

So let's say you make an integer variable named "Air" for instance.
Do somehting like

E:Map Init.
C: None
A: Set variable = AIR to value (startingvaule)

Then let's say you want to use this resource hen you train a footman, like 3 AIR.

E: Unit starts training a unit.
C: Unit equal to footman
A: Set AIR to AIR-3
------------------------------
(I didn't have WE open)
------------------------------
Also you need to make a trigger that checks how much of your variable is left, if you need help with that tell me.

Another issue might be, how do you get the resource?
Well all you have to do is make an event like, unit dies, destructiable dies.
For instance with my air example, make a custom destructiable with like 10 HP and then when your units kill it you add let's say 5 AIR to your AIR supply.
(And to display how much you AIR you have just make a timed event, or typed event, and then display the variable number)

~Destruction

ragingspeedhorn

That is true but besides from that I find leaderboards better looking than multiboards + the icons on multiboards are so small anyways that is hard to see what it should even look like in most cases.

Werbung: