over 100 proposals for wiiware games

French Bread

A lot of video gamers are very excited about the upcoming service for the Wii called WiiWare, set to be launched next year. This hype has not gone unnoticed by software development companies who see another opportunity to market some of their games. As a testament to this, Nintendo President and CEO Satoru Iwata announced that they have already received proposals for over 100 titles for the WiiWare.

Iwata tried to put into words the level of interest shown by the game developers saying that this new service opens up the platform for low cost software development. He also put out an open invitation to other developers to take part in this "new business chance based around a battle of ideas."

Since out last report on this, the initial wave of titles that will be available during the WiiWare's launch in Japan has been further expanded to include Maruboushikaku, Minna de Puzzloop, Okiraku Ping Pong Wii, Bomberman, and Joy Sound. So far the community has been very supportive of Nintendo's new service, if the company can keep up this hype then there is no doubt that it will be a successful venture.

[Via IGN]

Looks they're gonna need that hard drive after all.

Werbung:

jesta

It's great to know that more WiiWare games have been given the go ahead! I say bring it on!!
As for the harddrive, Nintendo have been using compression technology...

"Nintendo World Report: Are the CD games being compressed somehow for the Virtual Console? If not, how are you dealing with the large file sizes and very limited internal storage on Wii?

John Lee: We have worked hard to make sure that a CD based game will fit on Wii’s built-in memory. Yes, we are using some compression technology since CDs can hold several hundred megs of memory, far bigger than the traditional Hucards could hold. For instance, the sound has been compressed, however gamers should not really notice any audible difference." Link

French Bread

Thanks Jesta but I think those (richer) gamers with lots of vc games and photos, music etc. would be interested in this - http://news.softpedia.com/news/Install-a-Hard-Drive-to-Your-Wii-41719.shtml

sharp141

nintendo will probably
release a portable hard drive sort of thing

so you can download to the portable hard drive as well

the wii will have some of the game and the hard drive will have the rest
so you cant take the hard drive to another wii and play it or something like that

wiipointsmaster

ya i was thinking about an external hard drive too. they might do that. i really hope they do becuase that way you could like take it to your friends house and play from there.

I have to say, they didn't put much memory on the Wii. A portable hard-drive, as stated above, would be really useful. Maybe they should have created memory cards that can be used as well as internal memory.

Rybo5000

French Bread said:
Looks they're gonna need that hard drive after all.

I may have to hit the next person to say that - the wii already has a hard drive!

On topic: this is great, means more original stuff for us Nintendo fans!

Werbung: