Playstation 3 Drive Failure

killman360

A few days ago, I was playing my Playstation 3. For some weird reason, during gameplay, my vehicle(I was playing Burnout at the time)suddenly stopped and would not move. At first I thought that I lost my internet connection for a second as I was playing online but that was not the problem. I then proceeded to quite out of the game. While it was saying please wait, the system would not do anything. I had no choice but to shut it off with the hard switch on the back of the console. After that, I turned the system back on. I noticed that the game icon was not showing up on the XMB menu so I ejected the disk and reinserted it. Nothing happens. This was the case with all of my games. I read on another forum that it was because of the drive within the PS3. It has died. I have called Sony and my warranty is out. I now must pay 150$ for a new warranty, which is only 90 days, to get the system repaired. This is a very annoying event and especially with me having to pay 150$.
Ring any bells?
Time for a new name.

The Blu-Ray Drive of Death.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Werbung:

Sousanator

You can probably get away with saying it was a problem with the 2.40 update (even if you have 2.41), since they will fix that for free, even without warranty.

Werbung: