Please...don't buy AlienWare

Hypnos

So I recieved my new mother board last friday Dec. 30th with the promise from AlienWare that someone would contact me with in 48-72 hours. Tuesday Jan 3rd. I called to inquire as to why noone had contacted me. They reply "Well we see here that we also have a video card that we are going to send you, (ordered on the 24th of Dec....still no sign of it..no tracking number, nothing.), we told the onsite man not to come until the video card comes too. I told them that I can install the video card myself...someone needs to come now. So they put the order in (supposedly) again, for someone to come install the mother board. Well as of today Jan. 7th (past the 48-72 hours since Jan 3rd) still nothing. I called them last night (Jan 6th) to ask what the deal was, they said "wait until tomorrow", I called them this morning (Jan 7th) to tell them I still haven't heard anything, they said "wait till monday"....so I told them they "are the worst company ever, and I've been getting the run around for 2 weeks, and I still have a 3k box that doesen't do anything except show me a new and unique BSoD each day" (seriously, I see a new one that I've never seen before nearly everyday) then I told them that I want a completely new computer, they said "since we have onsite coming (when!?) that new computer was not an option at this time. So I told them that I want to send the system back and get my money back. they said "that is fine sir, but we will keep %10-15 in a restocking fee"
%15 of 3,101.97 = $465.29
How fucked up is that?! They want me to pay $465 for a defective computer. Anyway, I told "Abraham" that I bought the computer with a Citibank card and that Citibank is about 10,000 times bigger than them so they can suck it, citi bank will just take the money from them. he said "good luck"
I then called citibank and filed a dispute with alienware and they told me to go ahead and send it back, they would "work things out" with Alienware.
So that has been the last 2 weeks in the on going "HELL YEAH, I GOT AN ALIENWARE!!!!" drama.

So for now, it's back to the 1.5Gig, 384MB Ram, Nvidia 5200 Dell Dimension 8100.

Fuck.

Werbung:

XxxRanciDxxX

ouch man

Yeah hypy, sorry you had to go through that crap. My friend had a similar issue.

My personal opinion. Build one from scratch. It's cheaper and you'll get something probably better...

And learn something a tthe same time.

imported_SuXoR

That sucks man. Can't that weirdo that came with the comp fix it? j/k

If you get your money back and still do not want to build your own (that is your best option), then you should check out offerings from www.voodoopc.com and www.falcon-nw.com

Those two companies put out some of the best pre-built PCs that money (lots of it) can buy. I would compare your AW system specs to offerings from those two companies and see what you can find.

Puppet

Hypnos, did you ask to speak with the tech support manager? If so then I suggest nobody ever buy shit from this place. That is totally screwed up.

CuRRyINaHuRRy

I just want to say ...that I feel sorry for you man. Since you already have a dell, why not just buy a dell again? I have never had any problems with dell over the last 4 years I have bought 5 machines from them. And one of them was defective and I called them and they simply send me a new one really fast and Im very happy with that. And dells are way cheaper than alienware.

Dirty

that sux!

sorry to hear all that shit.

When you get your cash back, spend about a grand less and get one of these guys to build you one... and even throw them a couple bills.

goodluck

Heat

Man Hyp, that really sucks ass. I am so sorry for suggesting you get that machine now. I have 3 friends with Aliens and they had no problems and the systems really perform well. I shoulda just kept my mouth shut and let you buy the Dell you were planning on, even tho the Alien, if working properly, would run rings around the Dell. I know you don't want to build your own, but it is an opton you should look into.

The thing that gets me is, I know they torture tested that machine before it left Alienware, and it makes me think that perhaps it was damaged in shipping. I know the box looked rough when it arrived and could have been the root of all the problems with the machine right from the start. Alienware has been in business for a long time, and in no way did they plan on shipping you a problematic machine.

Still sucks ass tho, and I am really sorry you are having to deal with it.

{Iceman}

Dude, i would seriously suggest building from scratch. I posted a little while ago about the Holiday issue of PC Gamer, in which 'The Vede' shows you how to build a kickass pc for under $1,600. You should still be able to find a copy at EB or best-buy or some gaming store.

Intro

Sorry to hear mang - fuck Abraham.

I still haven't even opened my x850p yet. I can't decide if it's worth all that money for what little it does. I mean, there isn't THAT much difference between an x300 and an x850, right?

:roll:

MoneyShot

I know between myself and suxor we have made some damn nice and sleek boxes. I consider suxors attention to detail beyond anyone else, if you want 500 dollars worth of work and spend 1000 on parts you should convince suxor to put one more together.

Suxor do you have any pics leftover?

Intro

:lol:

Thank you, Captain Asshole.

Oh yeah, might as well throw in a little more bad news - Rest In Piece BP.

:(

bp3zo.jpg

Werbung:

Defender

Yeah get a Dell. I have had like 10 Dells and not a single problem. They make gaming machines now too. Personally I just get the best MB, CPU, and good drive and by the GPU seperate and install that myself. Seems to work good for me. Dell has good support and they don't jerk around the customers as much as other companies.
Good luck in your refund bro.