PS3, XBOX 360 and the Revoulution

Dirty

Just wanted to say a couple things about PS3 and the xbox 360... and the Nintendo Revolution. Hard core games for me stay on the PC...

I will never buy a console again is what I said not long ago. But with the Nintendo Revolution I think I am changing my mind. I love my hard core gamer games, thats why I wont buy a 360 or PS3, same games with better graphics, screw that. I got a PC and will upgrade when I need to. With the cheap price tag of the Nintendo and the Zelda, Metroid and party games Nintendo is the way to go for a console. Plus this is something here I dug up on IGN.

"Revolution is in contrast the ultimate backward compatible console. It not only plays every GameCube title in existence, but potentially every game ever released for a Nintendo platform. The Big N refers to this functionality as a "virtual console." The system accepts both GameCube and Revolution discs into its slot-loading drive. Meanwhile, four controller ports and two Memory Pak slots located to one side of Revolution enable full GameCube support. But the fun doesn't stop there. Revolution works in conjunction with Nintendo's Wi-Fi Connection service, allowing users to connect to designated servers and download their favorite NES, S-NES and N64 games, all of which are fully playable."

Also, one reason I didnt want a console is cause I hate controllers... Thats why I play on PC, mouse and keyboard is faster and better. Nintendo is on to something if you read this here, also from IGN.

"Let's get right to the point. High-definition games look fabulous. Xbox 360 has them and Revolution doesn't. So if you're a Nintendo nut who's keen on in-game visuals -- and we all are -- you're probably disappointed with Nintendo's decision to cut HD from its next generation console. That's understandable. We're not asking you to forget about the omission. We are, however, suggesting that you reconsider your gaming priorities. Because there will come a point -- maybe this year, maybe in two or three -- when the novelty of crisper textures wears a little thin. And what do you have left? What has always been and what will always be the most important element of any videogame: gameplay.

If you're the type of gamer who agrees with these statements then you will absolutely, positively want to skip Xbox 360 and wait for Revolution.

Nintendo's next generation console is poised to live up to its codename. Not because it can process a gatrillion polygons. Not because it can run every game at 120 frames per second. But because it dares to change the very definition of videogames with a unique new controller that dismisses many of the mechanical fundamentals that Nintendo itself invented.

Revolution owners will no longer be limited by their controllers. The pioneering peripheral transcends the archaic dual-analog setup to give you full 3D movement and manipulation in your games. You can swing a sword like you would in real life. You can dice an onion as though it were right in front of you. Or you can shoot down an enemy as if the gun were in your hand and not merely a clumsy extension of an analog stick. This is true gaming innovation and its uses are limitless.

The Revolution controller (with its accessories) will cater to both the hardcore and casual gamer in ways not possible on Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3. It will enable new and inventive games not possible on other systems. And it will potentially make games better than they have ever been before."

Revoulution controller
http://www.nintendo.com/newsimagelarge?articleid=TfyOgnUc7zB-ZlzdQvMhKJOgS5LsR2nK&currentNo=0&page=newsmain

Also, Omni you owe me $100, remember our bet?

Werbung:

Dirty

Read about it, and look at all the pix. It is amazing man! Its not just buttons, you can point it, swing it like a sword and all sorts of shit. It has an analog ad-on if you look at more pix, its great.

Dirty

This is an intresting one hour press webcast about the video game market looking through Nintendo's President Satoru Iwata's eyes.

http://www.irwebcasting.com/050916/03/index.html

he starts talking about the Revolution about 25 mins in.

Dirty

Dude, you can play the drums with two of them, swing it like a baseball bat, jump around with it, shoot at things, ALL SORTS OF SHIT!

It is great!

fuck your analog and 10 buttons. I want a magic wand! Watch that video at 26 mins...

FUCKING AWSOME!

Sortitout

Dirty said:
Dude, you can play the drums with two of them, swing it like a baseball bat, jump around with it, shoot at things, ALL SORTS OF SHIT!

It is great!

fuck your analog and 10 buttons. I want a magic wand! Watch that video at 26 mins...

FUCKING AWSOME!

LOL he said MAGIC WAND> SORTa

Intoxicated

nintendo owns, end of story. xbox 360 is basically a suped up computer without a mouse and keyboard, and we all know fps suck with controllers. revolution ftw.

instant

Deviant said:
Worst controller ever thought up, it's a fucking remote.

It looks like a damn sex toy.

EdX2WT4zfrPiOI_RoY3JWEMfpGJXu5MG.jpg

I like it.

Werbung: