School

Werbung:

Fladian

so lets tell that story *flashback* (not old enoupgh to have a flash back about 20 yrs ago but who cares)[/b]
I do. That was during the time I was born. :p

sooooo
the teacher mr shick (i dont know how to spell his name but thats how it sounds) he and another teacher were haveing an affiar while the other teachers (a women) husband was also working at that same school!
eventualy the husband found a out and now this mr shick (nipple rubber) is married to the other teacher.
/closs flash back[/b]
Well, I have no grudge against people who are gay - according to several classmates, one of the five guys in my class is gay - so... but I must admit that it would look a bit creepy when seeing a teacher rubbing his nipples. :p

*imagines v/d Heyden rubbing his nipples*
*shivers*

My classes for this semester are all of the hardest ones I'm taking.
Ie, I'm doomed.
[/b]
You should be able to make it anyway.

I can't wait for my fourth period today. My class then is English, and only a few days ago (which made my quote of the day with: "Don't you smile at me!" and will likely become my quote of the month, it was hilarious) my English teacher got furious at me because I was (apparently) smiling at her. The problem just was, I wasn't smiling and everyone who sat around me agrees with it. I was hesitating who to quote to make my quote of the day. :p
"Did I smile?" - Me
"No way! You looked like this all along." - Surella
"Yeah, that's not smiling." - Melissa
"You just have a face that makes you laugh." - Elianne
"Gee, thanks." - Me
"Well, it just looks happy." - Elianne
"You should cry now!" - Sevim

Yesterday several people from my class came to me to remind me with: "Don't you laugh tomorrow at English."

I'm pretty convinced that my English-teacer was trying to show the class that she doesn't like me - and I don't like her. Understandable, but not very professional. The first time she makes a mistake again, I'll show her how unprofessional she really is. :p

*inhales deeply*
I'm going to school, or I'll miss my train.

Fladian

you ride a train to school?!?!
[/b]
Yeah, I live practically next to a train station. If I'd walk to school I'd probably take a few hours, not to mention that I'll get lost a few times in a row... it wouldn't be the first time. After all, I mean, there's a mall close to the school I attend to. Usually I'd go there during some breaks, but that's a different story.

It takes an hour if I go by bus.

What's the big surprise anyway?

My "funnest" class is chemistry. So ya, I'm doomed.[/b]
The class I currently enjoy the most is Spanish. Maybe that's because I don't speak a single word of Spanish :)P), but that's a different story... regardless, I've only had one class of German until now, so...

I'm currently at school while typing this, which is clear that it shows I have a little too much free time. Maybe I'll go see if I can pop something in the Stories Galore forum next hour.

Alekill

huh i've never heard of a person taking a train to school.
wait a minute do you take a train to school everyday because thats what i thought you ment...

Fladian

Either I don't understand you, or you misunderstand me. The school I attend to is quite far away and I live right next to a train station. It is only logical that I take the train to go to school.
I used to take the bus daily, but after the train-station next to my house (practically, it's a 2 minute walk) was finished, I decided to go by train. Well, except the first two weeks. ("When I saw that it passed your station, I thought immediately: 'Hopefully he didn't have to start this hour,' it was funny to see all those people look confused though." - a friend, and classmate)

I truly don't know what's so weird about it. Not to mention that the train is quite full lately.

MeTaL GuArD

I had a math teacher that had to use the train and then by walk to come to my school. I only wonder how early she had to get up in the morning to not get late.
And about my school, it started 4th September, and i can't say much except that most of my teachers is funny. Especially geography and chemistry teachers. The first one had to "climatize" for a moment(he came from a vacation), which our class found funny. The chemistry teacher(she looks young which gives a bit higher rate for me) can enter into a funny argument.

Fladian

I had a math teacher that had to use the train and then by walk to come to my school. I only wonder how early she had to get up in the morning to not get late.[/b]
Why wonder about that? It takes me 10 - 15 minutes to get by train to the nearest train station of the school. It's argumentable how long it takes to go from that train station to the school walking, as I never really knew how long it takes. Another ten, minutes is my guess. But I have absolutely not sense of time. *very embarrassed*

Some friends (or former and current classmates) take the same train too. Daphne, Koen, Elianne and Pim (though it is argumentable if he is a friend, as he surely wasn't a classmate :p) are usually the people I meet out there. It's a very pleasant walk when it isn't cold, it doesn't rain, it isn't too hot and when it isn't too early on the day. Come to think of it, that rarely happens.

"There are two things I hate in the morning. Morning gymnastics and rain." - Me

"Right. I won't bother you anymore when I see you with her." - Pim

"Need a ride to the station?" - Erik
"With you? Not on your life." - Me

"Come to think of it. Is this the right way of the station?" - Onno, a classmate
"Actually... no. But I don't mind going this way either. Just a little while longer, and you've reached the house of my sis."

And about my school, it started 4th September, and i can't say much except that most of my teachers is funny. [/b]
You could get me quite jealous with that. I much rather personally kick all my teachers... except Wagener, who gives laws and orientation - feel free to explain to me what exactly is the difference between those two classes, as I am now officially confused :p

Especially geography and chemistry teachers. The first one had to "climatize" for a moment(he came from a vacation), which our class found funny. The chemistry teacher(she looks young which gives a bit higher rate for me) can enter into a funny argument.
[/b]
Come to think of it... my Dutch-teacher looks quite young too - and honestly, she doesn't look half bad at all - and I heard somewhere that she is only in her late twenties - I wonder how old Gunther was... can't be much different. But that doesn't mean she gets a higher rating from me. :p I can't say I dislike here either though - duh, I've only had three classes of her so far; hardly any teacher can mess it up so fast for me - and she surely is better than my former German (he retired now) teacher or my current English teacher. Bitch.

My English ("half-guy") teacher looks... reasonable young too. But she wasted all her credit for me. :p If anyone has suggestions how to humiliate her any further: I'm open for suggestions. :p I don't like being yelled at by teachers, especially when I didn't do anything wrong. (She got mad at me because I was smiling at her; which is kind of funny. I didn't smile, I always look like that.

How my teachers look like don't play much of a role. I must admit that I rather don't have many v/d Heyden-look-a-like's, (a purple shirt, green pants, hair cut of the 80's and a Brabant's accent, puh-lease, this is SO wrong! Don't get me wrong, I like the accent, but not in that combination) and wouldn't mind some like Gunther or de Beer, (the Bear) my Dutch teacher, but in the end, it doesn't really matter. As long as they're nice to us, I'll be nice to him, or her.
After all, my class' appearance (22 girls, more than 10 of them who know me. 5 (soon 6) guys) is more than enough to feast my eyes on. Especially because I have a thing for one of my classmates - which is, unfortunately, a lost case - which makes me enjoy just about every school day. *uhhum* The problem does remain that I still don't know half of the names from the people in my class. :p

Names always gives problems to most people in class. I'm extremely racistic when it comes to people when I learn their names - I will always learn the names of Dutch people before the foreign people, as I usually get along with them better; my first year was an exception - with an exception here and there. I never learned the names of two Turkish girls from my class last year. Just one, because she learned my name too. You should've seen my face when she yelled through the class: "Erwin, what was your result?" I was shocked. :p

"Ed, what's his name?" - Onno & Bram
"Koen. Come on, you two have been classmates for nearly a year now. Isn't it about time you learn his names?" - Me
"No, why?" - Bram
"Yeah, I mean, we're never around." - Onno
"You're hopeless. You truly are." - Me

"Come to think of it... how did you learn my name?" - Me
"Well... 'Ed' is a name that is quite easy to remember. It's a lot easier than some others." - Bram

"Do you even know my real name?" - Me
"You mean it isn't Ed?" - Onno
"Ehm... no, it isn't."
"I'm just messing with you."

"Do you know any name from the people in our class?" - Me
"Yeah, a few." - Daphne
"A few... as in? Ten? Twenty?"
"Four, is more accurate. Five, including you."

Tenebrae

Standing and belting? My apologies, but what do you mean (exactly) by that?[/b]

Srry, it took me a while to notice that there were a lot of posts since the last time I was in this thread.
Anyway, I was just kidding. By belting, I simply meant singing, often very loud.... but now that I think of it.... "belting" pretty much means YELLING REALLY LOUD, right?

Hmm... I can relate to that as well. As a matter of fact, the moment I am typing this I'm in a similar situation. I'm sitting right next to the girl I havea crush on as well.
[/b]

.... Uh, was she reading what you were typing? lol

Dude, I was sitting in my math class today, and I came to realize just how crazy my teacher is. Apparently, he has a pet fly that he named "Paige", and he also had one last year named "Garren". He says they live so long cuz he feeds them Monster (for those of you who don't know, its an energy drink, kinda like gatorade, but a lot more... "energetic" lol).
I knew he was joking around, but if anyone killed the fly, he was gonna assign them detention. I was tempted to test whether or not he was serious, but I decided it wasn't worth it, just in case he really did mean it, lol.
I think the heat of Arizona is getting to a few people's heads here, lol

I've also got a question for you guys. Its kinda too late to do anything about it now, but I'd like to have someone's opinion about what I should have done. All of the choirs at my school were having a party tonight, and I didn't plan on going, but one of the girls in there practically begged me to go. But then, just a couple of days ago, the girl who I have a crush on invited me to a fashion show she was a model in, and if I went, I could enter in a contest, and possibly win either a Prom Tuxedo or a dinner for two. Now mind you, the fashion show was on the same night of the choir party.... actually, its in about 8 minutes, lol. And also, she said that I didn't have to go. Originally, I was planning on going, just because she would be there, but I ended up changing my mind, thinking it would be wierd because she and I aren't really in any sort of relationship, just really good friends. Do you guys think I should've gone to the party, the fashion show, or just do what I did (stay home)? I feel kinda bad for bailing out of the party, cuz that one girl really wanted me to go. And then I also feel bad for not going to the fashion show cuz that other girl (I'd rather keep them anonymous) and I have become good friends, and... well, you get the idea.

...I probably sound like such a loser right now, lol

Fladian

Srry, it took me a while to notice that there were a lot of posts since the last time I was in this thread.
Anyway, I was just kidding. By belting, I simply meant singing, often very loud.... but now that I think of it.... "belting" pretty much means YELLING REALLY LOUD, right?[/b]
Singing =\
Wow... I really don't want to imagine any of my teachers singing. But then again, I yesterday learned that I am unable to make anyone sing. :p I had a visitor yesterday and I was trying to persuade her to sing. Failure.

.... Uh, was she reading what you were typing? lol[/b]
Uh... I don't know. I'm not sure, but it wouldn't really matter. She already knows I like her anyway. But then again, who doesn't. :p

Dude, I was sitting in my math class today, and I came to realize just how crazy my teacher is. Apparently, he has a pet fly that he named "Paige", and he also had one last year named "Garren". He says they live so long cuz he feeds them Monster (for those of you who don't know, its an energy drink, kinda like gatorade, but a lot more... "energetic" lol).[/b]
There's a Dutch city/town (I've never been there) called 'Monster.' :p I really should visit it some time.

A pet fly? =\

I knew he was joking around, but if anyone killed the fly, he was gonna assign them detention. I was tempted to test whether or not he was serious, but I decided it wasn't worth it, just in case he really did mean it, lol.
I think the heat of Arizona is getting to a few people's heads here, lol[/b]
I don't know much about flies. But I don't think they get that old, and that it can become quite a hard time when you want to feed them. :p

I've also got a question for you guys. Its kinda too late to do anything about it now, but I'd like to have someone's opinion about what I should have done. All of the choirs at my school were having a party tonight, and I didn't plan on going, but one of the girls in there practically begged me to go. [/b]
Reminds me of someone in my class. From day one, she has been publicly flirting with me. :p Honestly, she isn't my type.

But then, just a couple of days ago, the girl who I have a crush on invited me to a fashion show she was a model in, and if I went, I could enter in a contest, and possibly win either a Prom Tuxedo or a dinner for two. Now mind you, the fashion show was on the same night of the choir party.... actually, its in about 8 minutes, lol. And also, she said that I didn't have to go. Originally, I was planning on going, just because she would be there, but I ended up changing my mind, thinking it would be wierd because she and I aren't really in any sort of relationship, just really good friends. Do you guys think I should've gone to the party, the fashion show, or just do what I did (stay home)? [/b]
Well, I personally think you should have gone there. If you were in a relationship or not, is of no real importance. Despite that a lot of people called me crazy for what I've done for some people - despite not being in a relationship - I really like doing some things. What you said is something I would've done without a second of hesitation. I'll name three examples of what I've done. All three of those people have found my quote of the day multiple times.

Anna, a friend of mine who've I only met on the internet (we never met in real life) was complaining about the fact that she wanted to go to Amsterdam (capital of the Netherlands, red.) but didn't really felt like going alone. She told me that she usually got some problems when going with the train. I told her to take someone along, which she laughed at.
"Who would I take along? I mean, who would go to Amsterdam for nothing? They have nothing to do and have to go back after that. Anyone who would do that is crazy." - She
"Crazy? Me? Well, I've done it before to a few people." - Me
In the end, I didn't go with her. I had to work that day.

Several months ago, I've had a job at a company near where I live. I worked 'till 4:30, PM. On the friday, I could leave at 3. If I immediately ride home on friday and take the bus (43) (train too, but eitherway, I need that bus at the bus/train station), I could stop at a different company. Every friday, I picked up a girl there just for fun. That was Elianne. The first four weeks, she was actually stunned that I did something like that -as it really is quite the trip I have to make. The fact that I waited with her for her bus (which really gets my award of 'being most late, EVER!') every time really gave some strange reactions. I'm not sure if her screams of: "Go home!" made my quote of the month.

When Preety, a friend, went to England to study, she told me she would be at school for one last time at a specific date. Despite that I had to work during that day, I skipped work and immedately set off to school to see her off.
"What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at work?"
"Yeah, but you are going to England. I can't let you leave without saying good bye."
"But you already said goodbye on MSN yesterday."
"So?"
I offered to pick her up when she came back too, but she told me that her family was already going to pick her up. I'm not prepared to meddle with family business.

The first two girls have a boyfriend and the third girl and I know from each other that we're absolutely not each other's type. :p Therefore, I should not really be the person who should state his opinion about what you should have done. :p As I said, I did quite a sum of strange things which really gave some people quite a shock. One of them even gave me a nickname: "The guy that pops out when your least expect him."
Only one of the people where I "pop out of nowhere" is used to it now. She really isn't surprised anymore to see me appear at some places where I (perhaps) shouldn't or couldn't be. :p
But as an answer to your ask of opinion, I'd say that you should have gone to that photo shoot. If she invited you, (or at least, asked) then you have all the excuses to go. If it would be me, I would certainly would have gone. If you could anticipate how long the photo shoot would take, you could also go with the other girl to the party, and leave early to go and wait for that other girl at the photo shoot. (When I was late at trying to get with someone, I usually waited. That three hour wait really was a pain, that I must admit; but worth it) Unfortunately for me, I have a really bad sense of time (worse than memorizing names) and have a hard time (or next to impossible :p) guessing how long something will take.

I feel kinda bad for bailing out of the party, cuz that one girl really wanted me to go. And then I also feel bad for not going to the fashion show cuz that other girl (I'd rather keep them anonymous) and I have become good friends, and... well, you get the idea.[/b]
"Kindness can be cruel from time to time."
I guess because you like the other girl, you should have gone with her. Regardless of how much the other one would have wanted you to come, you could say (sounds a bit unsensitive) that you had/have other plans.

I've never had a similar situation, but I'd probably involve a friend or classmate in it. I'd give a reaction like: "Here, (a classmate) Danny is nice too. Why not take him?" Naturally, you'd get a reaction like: 'No!' or 'Why?' Being me as I am, I'd just keep offering people until I get a reaction like: 'You don't want to go,' and then apologize or something. It really works a lot better in person than it sounds here. :p

...I probably sound like such a loser right now, lol
[/b]
Really? No, not at all. Or at least, not to me. As a matter of fact, I might even envy you a little bit. :p

As for my school, my first impression (and the first impression of some others) was clearly wrong. As a matter of fact, this year might even be better than my second year of high school (which everyone in that class agreed on that it is the best year ever and it'll probably be the best year we've ever had. The people from that class are still the people I hang out with). Which really is quite a big word for me.
Despite that my class exists out a lot of girls, that isn't just everything that made me happy. Most of those girls know me, and are friends. Some better than others. Even the girl I like is in the class, it's only unfortunate that the feeling isn't similar; but I knew that from the start.
That same girl gave me a visit (at home) yesterday. :p She really made my day then. Yesterday is one of the best days I've ever had. If today will be a good (school) day, this might get in my book as one of the best weeks I've ever had in my life. Even though nothing exciting happened, (just some fun things) it really was very pleasant. I mean, if this can continue next week, and the weeks afterwards, this just might be a very good year, and I can finally leave a year with a smile on my face - I've (one exception) always finished school years with at least one (big) regret; in my first year of college, I left without any big regrets, from that day on, I started to dream again (I have been unable to (remember) dream for a long time).

Regardless, I do have to go to school now. :p Or I'll miss my train.

Tenebrae

Sigh, well I ended up not going to either the party or the fashion show.... I don't really care much about the party, cuz I'm still not a very social person. I apologized to the girl that asked me to go, and said that I didn't know where the party even was (which is actually true). She said it was okay.

But then I bumped into the girl that I like, and my heart just about burst out of my chest (I'm not really sure why). I kind of feel bad, cuz I suspect that she did want me to go, but never really gave any indication of it. And as I said, she and I are really good friends, so I should've gone anyway. I'm sure she would have done the same for me....
In fact, she has.
I asked her on a date a couple of weeks ago. She said yes, and, though the preparations for the date went kind of chaotically, the date itself was probabably the funnest experience I've ever had. I even earned a hug at her doorstep, :grin:

Then, about a week later, she unexpectedly showed up at my house, unnanounced, with a plate full of cookies, and she thanked me very thoroughly for the date, and gave me the cookies. I was so surprised, it took me a second to say something, lol. I didn't notice at first, but after she left, my sister commented that she sounded nervous, cuz she was talking so fast.
I thought the idea of her being nervous was ridiculous, but then I thought back on it, and realized that she actually had been talking really fast, as if she WAS nervous. The thought had never crossed my mind before that she might like me too (as in, think i'm cute, etc.), but now I kinda wonder... but I guess I shouldn't get too deep into it, or I might do something stupid, lol.

But anyway, my point is, she went on the date AND gave me cookies as a "thank you", so I probably should have returned the favor and gone to her thing.... ARRGGHH! I'm such a dork!..... oh well, maybe I'll get a chance to redeem myself...
actually, her birthday's coming up in a couple of months.... maybe I could do something special then. :grin:

Fladian

Sigh, well I ended up not going to either the party or the fashion show.... I don't really care much about the party, cuz I'm still not a very social person. I apologized to the girl that asked me to go, and said that I didn't know where the party even was (which is actually true). She said it was okay.[/b]
Well, you have to be a bit social to get together with someone. :p You really have to.

But then I bumped into the girl that I like, and my heart just about burst out of my chest (I'm not really sure why). [/b]
That usually happens when you like someone for real. I'm over it already regarding the girl I have a thing for - but to be honest, I never really felt nervous or any other similar feeling around her, which was quite pleasant - but I remember all the feelings I've had with previous girls. I've never had feelings for the girl I used to be with... unfortunately.

I kind of feel bad, cuz I suspect that she did want me to go, but never really gave any indication of it. And as I said, she and I are really good friends, so I should've gone anyway. I'm sure she would have done the same for me....
In fact, she has.[/b]
I'm sorry, but I still don't really understand what stopped you. :p

I asked her on a date a couple of weeks ago. She said yes, and, though the preparations for the date went kind of chaotically, the date itself was probabably the funnest experience I've ever had. I even earned a hug at her doorstep, :grin: [/b]
I'm probably getting old. :p Hugs are quite... common for me. Something daily, mostly.

I've mentioned that I was going to visit some places some time (soon) and asked her to come along. I wonder what will happen if she goes with me to Leeuwarden... *shivers*
Regardless, there are no dates set, mostly thanks to our extremely flexible scheldue. *uhhum*

Then, about a week later, she unexpectedly showed up at my house, unnanounced, with a plate full of cookies, and she thanked me very thoroughly for the date, and gave me the cookies. I was so surprised, it took me a second to say something, lol. I didn't notice at first, but after she left, my sister commented that she sounded nervous, cuz she was talking so fast.
I thought the idea of her being nervous was ridiculous, but then I thought back on it, and realized that she actually had been talking really fast, as if she WAS nervous. The thought had never crossed my mind before that she might like me too (as in, think i'm cute, etc.), but now I kinda wonder... but I guess I shouldn't get too deep into it, or I might do something stupid, lol.[/b]
What's the problem? I mean, you are already "good friends," as you mentioned (and I know it all too well that is something you don't want to throw away; I still can't understand how someone can be so spontaneous) then you could always ask it. If you don't feel like asking directly, you can also do it indirectly.

But anyway, my point is, she went on the date AND gave me cookies as a "thank you", so I probably should have returned the favor and gone to her thing.... ARRGGHH! I'm such a dork!..... oh well, maybe I'll get a chance to redeem myself...[/b]
Don't be too hard on yourself. You'll get another chance sooner or later.

actually, her birthday's coming up in a couple of months.... maybe I could do something special then. :grin:
[/b]
Why not, I guess. I'm currently quite annoyed with birthdays (I have one week in the year that I have eight, or nine birthdays in one week and later on a few birthdays right after each other, like today and tomorrow) but that's off the subject. I messed up when trying to do something nice on someone birthday, (besides giving some mentos, I didn't really give anything either) so I am not really too experienced when it comes to that.
I hate it that I have trouble to adjust myself to a new enviroment...

Tenebrae

I hate it that I have trouble to adjust myself to a new enviroment...
[/b]

Amen to that!

I'm sorry, but I still don't really understand what stopped you. :p
[/b]

To tell you the truth, neither do I. I guess I was embarrassed, because a lot of people I know think that the idea of me and her being a "couple" is the stupidest thing they'd ever heard, and here's why: Just about everyone at my school knows her, and amongst those people, there is probably not a single one of them who does not like her in some way or another. She is always happy and outgoing, and I've never once seen her in a realistic bad mood.

Me, on the other hand... well, I'm almost the complete opposite. Only a select few people have even heard of me, and there are very few of those that actually know me in person. And of those people, not a whole lot like me as a REAL friend. I'm not all that social (although I think I've crawled out of my shell quite a bit), and, unlike the girl I like, I am rarely seen smiling. I joke around a lot, but generally, my expression sends out a message that no one had better get in my way (lol). I think the only reason she and I are such good friends is because I go through a sudden metamorphosis every time I talk with her, meaning that I suddenly become nicer and more cheerful. Not to mention, I've always been nice to her, which she has acknowledged quite a few times. But I don't see how anyone could NOT be nice to her, lol.

I haven't actually talked her ever since the fashion show, and I'm kinda worried that there's a distance growing there. But then again, (and with any luck), it's just my stupid little teenage mind automatically coming up with doubts like it always does. :gruntwink2:

Werbung:

Fladian

Amen to that![/b]
Well, it's just a minor problem of me which is related to my shyness of some years ago. I need a long span of time to adjust to a new enviroment with new people - such as a new (school) class, new section at work or just going out - which often results into annoyance for me. There is no real way to help me adjust faster, regardless of how nice those people are.
Well, there is one way. Get me drunk. I don't act much differently than normal when being drunk, but I adjust a lot faster to the enviroment. I act completely similar when not being drunk and adjusted to the enviroment, so... I don't mind eitherway/

To tell you the truth, neither do I. I guess I was embarrassed, because a lot of people I know think that the idea of me and her being a "couple" is the stupidest thing they'd ever heard, and here's why: [/b]
Nonsense. You should just ignore such things. A former classmate of mine once told me: "If I never made a move on her, we never would have gotten together. In the end, we surprised just about everyone that we had something together." I kept it in mind back then, but it wasn't very useful for me in the end.

Just about everyone at my school knows her, and amongst those people, there is probably not a single one of them who does not like her in some way or another. [/b]
Quite popular then, eh? It's hard to say on my school that pretty much everyone knows a specific person... it's a big school after all. :p I did make a (small) name for myself out there though.

But I'd say: Screw the others, this is about you, you could care less what others might think of it.

She is always happy and outgoing, and I've never once seen her in a realistic bad mood.[/b]
I know a few people who are completely similar to that. Both made (quite an number of) appearances in my Quote of the Day (and Quote of the Month). Elianne and Shaymaa (both friends) are similar. They are always happy, regardless of what is going on ("Hey Elianne, you gained weight, didn't you?" - Shaymaa, a friend. "I'm already fat anyway. One more or less doesn't make a difference." - Elianne, a friend.) and regardless of what is happening around them. I never understood Elianne ("Right, Ed?") how she could remain so happy, so cheery while being quite... sick a while ago. She looked as if she was falling apart when she was with me, but she looked quite cheery when we were with the others.
In all honestly, Shaymaa is a person I've never really understood. Even though she's three years older than me - I look young, she looks younger :p - I look at her as if she was my younger sister and she acts that way too ("You're my baby, aren't you, Erwin?"). I'm pretty fond of her, and she about me and she was one of my first friends from my first year at College. A bit blunt sometimes (see earlier quote), but always nice in her own kind of way, which is appreciated by just about everyone.
Shaymaa and Elianne have the fact that no one can dislike them in common. I happened to become friends with both during one of my school years.

I also find it extremely remarkable that it looks as if they are never in a bad mood. Never have I seen them with a frown on their faces. Elianne never looked sad to me (sick, yes, but not sad), not even when she failed her car license a second time. Shaymaa never gave a sign of not being happy either. She even kept smiling when she heard she had to redo the year because she failed. I'm not sure how others would react, but I would be quite mad after hearing both things if they would happen to me.

However, that kind of personality has a down side. A big down side, mind you. They attract all kind of people to them, and those people aren't always the kind that you want around. One of them had a massive amount of attention from two specific guys somewhere last year. Clearly more than she wanted from one, especially when he started to lie at a certain spot. "Annoying, wasn't he?" Is what she told me after talking about him later. As for the other guy... I'm not sure what his plans are; eitherway, the other guy has given up, and leaves her alone... mostly. Though would only be logical too, knowing she already had a (long termed) relationship.

I personally have feelings for a girl with charastics similar to that. But I'm pretty much out of the question. Logical too, as I knew from the start that I didn't stand a chance to someone who already had a relationship for such a time. But oh well...

Me, on the other hand... well, I'm almost the complete opposite. Only a select few people have even heard of me, and there are very few of those that actually know me in person. And of those people, not a whole lot like me as a REAL friend. I'm not all that social (although I think I've crawled out of my shell quite a bit), and, unlike the girl I like, I am rarely seen smiling. I joke around a lot, but generally, my expression sends out a message that no one had better get in my way (lol). [/b]
That is possible to change. :p

It's no secret that I have been extremely shy in just about everything and I really lacked the courage to do a lot of stuff. Within two years of time (though most changes were done in half a year) I changed into a completely different person, something which made me quite happy. Despite that the 'change' was complete after half a year, my personality wasn't constant. The one day I was outgoing, the other day I was shy again - which really annoyed me, but I had no control over it. One single person I know from last year (unaware) completely changed that. She gave me the last push I was in need of... apparently. Since then I have a constant personality (finally).

You could always try something similar to me. My motivation to change was a messed up confession from my side ("Congratulations") and a scar on my right wrist - which is pretty much gone now.

I think the only reason she and I are such good friends is because I go through a sudden metamorphosis every time I talk with her, meaning that I suddenly become nicer and more cheerful. [/b]
I can relate to that pretty much, though my range is bigger. My personality is turned upside down when I'm among guys or girls. I'm the type of person which fits in the category. I'm nice, sensitive and thoughtful among girls, but I'm completely different when I'm just among guys. The switch every time is tiresome though.

But the way I act to some people is... different. I mentioned earlier that Shaymaa is like a younger sister to me, and I act somewhat protective over her. But not just her. A few friends of her are people I am fond of as well, and I wouldn't wish them harm in any way. Just today, I grabbed a 'friend' at his shirt because he was imitating one of those girls - one of them speaks pretty... uh... rubbish Dutch - and I truly don't appreciate that.
The way I am towards some others is different as well. I am being blamed as a 'very nice' guy by some people, but my definition of 'nice' is very different than what they are referring to. ("Nice, you say? I was hesitating to destroy the good name of a school for a few friends. Do you call that nice?!" - Me, 3 or 4 months ago. "I killed off a friendship that lasted more than 10 years just for you. Is that nice?") I do like to 'play' with some people though. Take Elianne as example, she always looks tired ("Maybe I should let my blood check"), and I really am the kind of person that likes to point her to it ("Tired again? Or just being plain lazy?"). I do have to watch my words at some point though. Last time I yawned while she was within ranged, I immediately got a finger pointed at me, combined with the words: 'Busted!'
As long as I am liked by those I hold dear.

Not to mention, I've always been nice to her, which she has acknowledged quite a few times. But I don't see how anyone could NOT be nice to her, lol.[/b]
Agreed at this point too, but unfortunately, I've seen it far too often how it could go bad. Generally seen, I'm a friendly guy, but you'll have to get to know me first, and that is a chance people pass on far too often. But that isn't just for me, - I have an Asian look - some others, like Shaymaa, have a similar problem. If you get to know her, she's a great girl. But only if you get to know her, which doesn't happen enough either. If she and I didn't become classmates in our first year, I'd probably never would have spoken to her. ("Meneeeeeeeeeeeee~r!" - Hamida, a friend)

I haven't actually talked her ever since the fashion show, and I'm kinda worried that there's a distance growing there. But then again, (and with any luck), it's just my stupid little teenage mind automatically coming up with doubts like it always does. :gruntwink2: [/color]
[/b]
Nah, you're just worried. Just go up and talk to her.

I'm a lot more worried here. :p Last friday (last time I spoke to her, excluding today) I kissed her to wish her luck. She gave no (particular) reaction to it - maybe because we were late to go to class - but she was a bit... 'quiet' today. I expected her very cheery. I didn't get the chance to give her her present yet either.