starwars_trench

Ramon Knight

Downloaded this map off of punkassfraggers.com very good map for cz. You're either rebel forces (terrorists) or imperial soldiers (cts) the plan is for rebels to plant a bomb down a chute (which is a long drop and cannot be disarmed by cts). This makes it more like a huge game of football than anything, but there are added bonuses:

Laser turrets: hit about as hard as a scout and have a great rate of fire. Also set way up near the top, so you can see a good portion of the map.

Tie fighters and x-wings: both teams have 2 vehicles that sort of 'zoom' across the map..they can turn and such, but not go up and down. Great for transporting yourself or a crew across the map, since the sides are solid, and you can turn fairly quickly to avoid getting shot.

Armory: maps with free guns are always fun. The armory carries mostly aks and m4s (i think about 6-8 of each) but also some of the other weapons as well... suits and nades, but you're also allowed to buy weapons. The armory is a little bit away from spawn, however..so you have to actually make it there first :)

This would be a fun alternative to those maps like iceworld/ruins, since it has a goal and has a lot of tidbits no other maps have. I've played it with bots, but the bots end up lining up in a trench, completely unable to find a way out (stupid things) heh...

Werbung:

Hypnos

I'll go find a "fun" server if I want to play a map like that. What I like about PuNx is that there are only true DE and CS maps (with the exception of degeal5). Custom maps are never very popular with the punx crowd just because we like well balanced non-novelty maps.

Werbung:

blze

Hypnos said:
I'll go find a "fun" server if I want to play a map like that. What I like about PuNx is that there are only true DE and CS maps (with the exception of degeal5). Custom maps are never very popular with the punx crowd just because we like well balanced non-novelty maps.

rgr that, i just wrote teh same thing in the iceworld thread.