Story Contest

Kem Rixen

I'm so glad I finished my story, though I probably shouldn't've put it off for so long. Hmmm...would you mind if I posted up a ton of failed, incomplete stories that I tried to make for the contest, or better yet make it a thread for everyone to put in failed stories, maybe make it so others could pick up your failed stories and try to make it work. I think it would be a neat idea, I have a ton of messed up stories that could probably get someone (not me obviously :p) out of writers block.

Werbung:

Undead_Lives

Make it if you want...but I highly doubt that anyone will fix any messed up stories. But who knows, I could be wrong.
In any case I posted my story, whew, got it finished. The only thing I would've like is if it was more detailed...oh well. I at least finished :p

[Death]

I can't finish in time, I'm busy with school - finals are next week. (Yeah yeah, why I'm on here and not studying... shh) Plus, my story has magically become just as epic (perhaps less so. A lot less so) as Ilidan's story is gonna be.

Gonna submit the first two chapters, though.

Undead_Lives

At least ya got something :D

EDIT: Moderator powers rule! I delete the last post so I don't double post and it gets bumped...yes, anyways, now to the point of me doing this.

The contest has ended! There are currently three unconfirmed participants and all of them have been sent PMs by me. If they do not reply within the next few days, they will no longer be participating.
In any case, Flad, feel free to start judging, and may the best writer win!

Fladian

I'll print some of the stories tomorrow morning before I go to work. I already have some plans during my break tomorrow, so I'll start reading them when I'm waiting for my bus.

EDIT:
I already started reading two stories. Those stories are 'the Stranger,' made my Hunter_Destruction and a somewhat similar title of Balarkin, 'The Wandering Man.' Despite that I made quite a lot of notes to help me judge, little is certain as I will be discussing this with someone else as well.
I did not print the other stories yet, but will do so shortley.

Undead, those three who didn't give a response yet are still able to send something in now? If so, I would like to request a little more time for myself. Last night, right before I went to sleep, I had an idea to write a story and also had the urge to write it. Normally, something like that is very temporarily and disappears as soon as I wake up. The feeling didn't disappear this time and I'll write it eitherway, though I cannot guarantee's its quality.
Therefore, I request to give me the same extension as those two. If I won't go out tonight and continue working on it throughout the evening, I'll probably finish it in no time, as it isn't much of a complex story. The only bad part is, some may know that the youth squad of the Holland football/soccer team just got in the finals of the European Cup and that the A-selection of the Holland reserve football/soccer team managed to defeat Mexico. Besides that, I also have some new grades (which now make a total of 87%) that were very positive - though not really of importance anymore, I'll graduate eitherway... or I have to mess something up really bad in the next two weeks. As another addition to that, my favorite football club also just signed a player that I was hoping for. Therefore, I have all the right reasons to go out tonight and have a good time. :p Whatever people may say, I think I deserved it.

The story I'll be writing is a story Falco might be familiar with. I've told him the basic concept once, as I recall. I'm not sure if Balarkin is familiar with it.

*jumps*
Yay, finally no restrictions anymore. :D
*jumps again*

Fladian

I'm still around, but I saw no real reason to post lately. In opposite of the last few months, I'm not very busy, except that my birthday is coming up. Not that I am planning of doing much, considering that I have to go to school on that same day. :(

My school has been over for a while now, and I have no real job to attend to either. I'm just enjoying my well-deserved vacation at the moment, and reading if I have a chance here and there. Mind you that the WC is on, and I am spending quite a lot of time to that with friends. The time that I'm home to just do something on the forum is heavily decreased. My quote of the day reflects all my daily situations very nicely... well, except the one of the 17th.

The soap I have been complaining about that was playing around me is as good as over now. A few threats here and there, a few head smashing decisions on the other, but pretty much brought to a conclusion. Yet there is a promise I once made to a fellow forum member once; and I am considering if I should keep my end of the deal, which sounds pretty attractive, to be honest.

As for the Story Contest, well, I've read a few already. But because of the WC - and a few other situations of no particular importance - I didn't really have the chance to read any others of them. Though I am personally interested in reading Ilidan's story and writing one myself again. Not to mention that I have a finished story waiting to be posted for quite some time now. :p Okay, almost finished, I don't have a conclusion in it yet.

Fladian

Glad to know there's been some progress! *cough*
[/b]
If it's not going fast enough for you, than that is your problem, John. Not mine. I have different and more important matters to attend to than reading stuff.

Fladian

If you count the saturday and sunday too, then I guess it should be fine. Because of my birthday, two tests (when I'll figure out what they are for, I'd say it, but unfortunately, I, and two of my friends, don't have a clue what its for:p) and the graduation ceremony, my week is pretty packed.
Not to mention that my vacation-job starts after that week. :p
I'll do my best though. I planned to read something today, but internet was offline for me for most of the day...

Werbung: