Taking drugs

Fladian

Taking drugs. The title says a lot of what is to discuss in the thread. What is your opinion of taking drugs, and do you think it is wrong to take/use it? I am not referring to medical terms now, but for your own pleasure without exceptions of illnesses and the like.

To get it a little started, as I did in earlier threads in this section, I'll give a few examples of people who got a similar question once.

My mother and two specific old friends are completely against all kind of drugs which are used to gain pleasure. My mother is quite extreme with her conclusions when it comes to taking drugs. Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the English names of many different drugs, so I have a hard time giving any examples. The least 'remarkable' ones are already enough to get her uninterested in the person if he, or she is using it. In my opinion, her conclusions are taken too fast.
One of the old friends used to be one of my best friends. Nowadays, we're pretty much mortal enemies, but that's a side story and a long history. Two friends of him and me started to hang out a lot with a group of people who "used drugs." At first glance, we didn't mind, I mean, it is there life, they have to figure out with what kind of people they like to hang out. We both agreed to each other that we would never be the same like that. His opinion about any kind of drug was similar to the opinion of my mother.
The third one I would like to mention, is an old friend who isn't really a friend of me anymore. She used to be a classmate of mine a few years ago and I had a 'liking' towards her. However, I slowly learned more and more about her and also learned that she was about to break up with her (back then current) boyfriend because he used 'drugs' (one that a lot of people use, but again, I don't know the English name). At that moment, I was using it as well, not very frequent, but I did use it. At the very least, once a week. It didn't take me long to stop with it. She hated it with a passion.

In all honestly, I really don't mind it. As a matter of fact, I've used my fair share of soft-drugs as well, and I really wasn't impressed. When some of my current friends look at me when I tell them this, they usually look at me with a weird face. "You?" is what they usually say. They can't really imagine it. Nowadays, I rarely to never use it anymore. Perhaps I'll 'lit one' at a party or some kind, but don't count on it.
Those two friends I earlier mentioned said a short time ago that they stopped. Or at least, one of them did. I haven't had contact with the other one for some time, despite that he lives right around the corner. About half a year ago, I did consult him for advice. I felt that he was one of the three people who would be the best to give me advise in a life critical situation. And I was right. Besides that, I haven't really had contact with him. The other one, however, he moved away from the city we used to live in. Since he moved, I've had less contact with him. Last time I talked to him (few months ago) he told me stopped with all the drugs, got himself a girlfriend, an own house and a proper job. He finally got everything straightened out.
The last I would like to mention is just someone I know. A friend of a friend, to so call. He is one of the people of the friendgroup I mentioned earlier, which I never really got involved with. I met all of them a few times, but I liked him (who took most drugs, mind you, including hard-drugs) the most. He seemed to be most aware of what he was doing too. I'm not completely sure if he ever made my quote of the day, because every time I met up with him, I had either a great day or some really great things happened which just had to make my quote of the day instead. He had a realistic view on things and never believed any kind of drugs were bad. The boyfriend of my sister thought in a similar way. I am convinced that they'll become good friends if stuck in a room together for a long enough time period. Both told me that it wasn't a bad thing if it is your own choice. Eitherway, I made up my mind already... and I don't smoke on a side note.

What would your opinion be on drugs? Is it really that bad to take (soft-)drugs? I am personally convinced that it's not.

Werbung:

Squishy-1

ok my view on this subject is strange
drinking is ok but i dont do it
smoking marijuana (weed) is ok but i dont do it
coke is ok but i really dont recomend it
meth is horrible and anyone who uses it should die
herroine is pretty bad but not as bad as meth
extecey i know little about but i know it causes a lot of health issues

i have no problem with weed drinking (which shouldnt be considered a drug) because its not addictive (unless used to an extreme ammount) it rarely kills anyone (unless they do something stupid like drive) and it makes the person feel better (physically emotionally mentally)

i dont like coke because its really addictive and expensive and anyone who uses it is pretty much stupid

i dislike meth with a firey passion that can burn someones shoes right off! because its extremely cheap extremely addictive and can explode and cause people to do tons of stupid stuff, it was originally created in the 1500s to help people die happier and it makes everyone just something you dont want to see

herroine same deal as coke but it enduces violence (so im told ive never met anyone who did herroine)

dont know much about exdecey but ive been told its pretty bad

-------------------------edit-----------------------

PS jackupizon or whatever his name is will probably write a line from the front page of the bible

PiRho

I tend to view all seriously addicting drugs (narcotics and others) as a terrible choice to take. Anything that causes strong chemical addictions and seriously affects one's mind are all out bad.

Everyone I've seen who has had such addictions has had their life go in terrible directions because of it. I don't want the same to happen to me.

Undead_Lives

Huh, let's see...
Anything addictive/harmful is not ok. Drinking in moderation is ok, binge drinking not. Of course, prescription drugs are fine...same with minor pain killers. Personally I don't like morphine.
Btw, anybody who does binge drink/smoke is a retard and should be shot. That goes for tobacco as well. Just my opinion.

King Jester

I wonder why Druggies always say "Drugs are cool Man" and "It takes the pain go away", Its gotta be the effect that makes your Brain as small and more stupid than Idiots, and that goes for Mega Smokers and Drunking Morons too and Drugs aren't always the answer right?

Werewulf

certain drugs release a "fake" form of dopamine or how ever you spell the other form of pleasure hormone.

these hormones relieve stress and pain, and dopamine can be triggered through sexual activity or self harm, but even dopamine can be addictive and constantly triggering it can send you mentally ill..

while non natural drugs release another form of chemicals that relieve stress and pain but at larger and more effective amounts.
The non natural chemicals eventually slow down the release rate of natural stress relieving hormones thus when a person withdrawals from drugs they have to go through such hell as prickly skin and constant pain and depression.

and since their is a lack of dopamine when on withdrawal a person will feel more pain and be VERY emotional and can cause mental trauma which may lead to mental illness.

Thus is why some people who take drugs self harm to keep the natural rate of dopamine up so withdrawal wont be as harmful.

also there is natural addiction to such things, thus is why alot of people addicted or were addicted to dopamine or who long for it (people who are going through depression or having stressful situations in like) turn to drugs even if they know the harmful results.

Depression is caused from a lack of dopamine(and that other hormone) and a chemical rebounce within the brain, chronic depression is a part of this.

While alot of drugs can cause chemical interruption thus the causing of schizophrenia, psychosis long term and PERMANENT depression and other mental illnesses.

and when a person says its cool and it relieves stress its VERY actually true(the stress relieving part not the cool part), but when a person is high they think nothing of the down sides of life thus is why alot of people get convinced its so great until they stay off it for awhile or go into withdrawal.

and i have had experiences with psychosis when i had the flu and other shit...(not drugs :X) and i must say.. it was like i was in another form reality...the most terrifying thing i have ever experienced in my life...but the most beautiful...and i long to meet that world again....

thus is why people take shrooms and other Psychedelic enforcing drugs to "escape" reality and join another world thus is how alot of amazing forms of art like Psychedelic, abstract and partially surreal was formed and created (i don't think dali took drugs but im referring to artists who create amazing work in these categories) although Psychedelic was also formed by the mentally ill who suffer schizophrenia and psychosis.

Drugs also free the mind, they also enforce creative ideas, although most or alot of artists are partially autistic or having slight mental illness's thus is why artists are considered to "think outside the box". Thus is why certain artists take drugs to enhance those ideas to free there mind.

EDIT: and those that take drugs to be "cool" or to be "known" should be shamed, drugs were NEVER designed for this purpose nor should they...although there are newer drugs designed for rape and mental degration which is becoming sad...

... yes..long indeed sirs...but hopefully you got my point if i had..one? o_o

Squishy-1

drugs dont relieve stress just mask it, and bring along more stress and health problems, stress is adrenaline and to get rid of it you need to do some sort of physical activity

Undead_Lives

While drugs do "take you to a different world", I think it's better to not use your imagination than killing your brain or other parts of your body.
And if you're already insane, hey, added bonus :p

Alekill

all i have to say is i cant sniff or inhale anything because i have asmea and i'm not a fan of neadles so i dont think i will be to neer drugs very soon

Werbung: