Teacher uses Wii in Classroom

jesta

Wii-Forecast-Channel-Globe-View.jpg

"David Brantley is a teacher at Cumberland Elementary. An otherwise normal guy, Brentley is the first school teacher in his district (and many others we suspect) to realize that the Wii's forecast and news globe could be a great learning tool in the classroom, engaging students more than traditional maps. As Brantley puts it:

"We do everything that's traditionally done...But as soon as we've done a little bit and they know it, we can turn around and make it a game and have fun."

The investment for a Wii is just $250, which even under tight school budgets, is probably not much less attainable than a new standard globe. And speaking from personal experience, even though I know my geography as well as the next guy, the Wii's news mapping puts stories in a context I otherwise don't fully process." Link

Werbung:

OhWhen

Ha ha! I wish my geography teacher would do that instead of coping boring old notes of the board. :(
That man is quite a hero in my opinion. :p

Jesusdragon737

man. i wish my history teacher would do that. it might make part of one school day enjoyable :) But he teaches government, so that's never going to happen.....

nifti

Lol the wii prevails. The wii is considered man best friend..Go away dog shooo
I used the wii for weather. I dont trust the weatherman on tv. EVERYCLASSROOMEVERYWII.

Kailas

You know, do you think that the Wii and Big Brain Academy could be used in 1st or 2nd grade classes? It would be a pretty cool way for little kids to get instruction.

Werbung: