third party channels

kacper00100

do you think there will ever be any third party or user made channels for the wii that you could just download from the internet channel for free?

Werbung:

winapa

Can't see it myself, Nintendo would need to open up their menu API to the outside world, it would mean that we could end up with virus', trojans and all manner of other hellish stuff. On this note I hope they never do....And besides as I keep saying...your Wii is for playing games not channels, they're just extras.

sharp141

what if it was channels created by ubisoft etc
all the great game brands and also nintendo will obviously preview it and limit the things that can be used in it

cloudzero45

if there were 3rd party channles...there would have to be a place to buy them.... cuz im pretty sure the wii-ware is for nintendo-made channels only...
maybe you could download them off the web...like RSS channels

winapa

MAR1O said:
yeah i agree but nintendo could really limit channels, preview them and test them out before they were released.

Hmmm...I think the problem here is that the API would most probably get leaked onto the net and from there anyone can find the security loopholes. Keeping channel development in house means they can limit the possibility of this happening and not have to worry about security so much.

sharp141

winapa said:
MAR1O said:
yeah i agree but nintendo could really limit channels, preview them and test them out before they were released.

Hmmm...I think the problem here is that the API would most probably get leaked onto the net and from there anyone can find the security loopholes. Keeping channel development in house means they can limit the possibility of this happening and not have to worry about security so much.

but then how could they put it on wii? nintendo will have like a security thing that only they can put channels on the shop

and it wont read if its on the sd card or anything

gunners-4-life

sharp141 said:
winapa said:
MAR1O said:

but then how could they put it on wii? nintendo will have like a security thing that only they can put channels on the shop

yep, nintendo have to accept the channel and let it be downloadable off the wii shop channel and walla!

Werbung:

sharp141

gunners-4-life said:
sharp141 said:
winapa said:
MAR1O said:

yep, nintendo have to accept the channel and let it be downloadable off the wii shop channel and walla!

lol someone agrees