What is it about these maps...

NickPapageorgio

That makes them SO popular? Dust2, Inferno, Aztec, Office...

They just seem to be played so much, and there are some people here i'm sure who LOVE these maps above all others. Why? I'm just curious as to what makes them the maps to end all maps. What is it for you personally that makes you love those maps?

Personally, I like new stuff. It's more of a challenge if you don't know EVERY fucking camp spot, bomb site, etc etc etc. But lots seem to like to just stick to the default crap. Why is that?

Werbung:

rocklee

First off, I think these maps are very fair. Unlike Assault or Militia where Ts get the advantage (more true for Assualt than Militia), these maps offer equal game play for either side. If both teams have about the same amount of skill on both sides, it offers very fun game play.

Secondly, these maps are used for scrims (usually because of their fairness) and then makes it popular to play in PUBs so you can get used to the map and be even more familiar with it. Like navigating a map moving completely backwards because you know (in you mind) where everything is.

My 2 cents,
-Rock

SamSeed

I dont get to play like 10 hours everyday. Maybe an hour or 2 a day during the week. So when i do get on, I like to play maps that are common to all. I dont want to play a map where noone knows what to do, so they sit and camp until the end of the round.

I rather have some action then none.

NickPapageorgio

Just seems like people would get tired of them after playing them so long. I guess that's what's amazing to me is the longevity of these maps. There have been tons and tons of other good, balanced maps created, but none have the stranglehold on the CS community like these. It's like..they're magical. :D

Puppet

I hear ya Nick. I have always wondered the same thing but I now just go with the flow. I was really hoping that when we purchased the download accelerator that it would change the face our our map selections but that hasnt happened.

NickPapageorgio

Puppet said:
I hear ya Nick. I have always wondered the same thing but I now just go with the flow. I was really hoping that when we purchased the download accelerator that it would change the face our our map selections but that hasnt happened.

Don't get me wrong, I mean, they are ok maps, It's just amazing that it hasn't really evolved all that much since the game was new. Seems like it would have more. Players seem to like plugins and mods better than new maps. It's weird.

WoRm5406

I really like new maps...

They make it enjoyable and change the pace.

I look for new maps all the time...

I know you have seen what happens when as_destown comes up... We have a full server for 45 minutes...

The awp maps on our new server draw in a large ammount of people also.

SamSeed

Been playing some of these maps since Beta... I never get tired of them..

I like Destown, but its one of those maps that get stacked T side very quickly.. Im tired of being CT when its like 11 -1 .. Same with Oilrig..

blze

2 words:

STAT WHORES

if there is a "new" map then people don't have "their spots" and know all the little tricks so they can't run up and p00n nubs because they, in fact, are now the nubs themselves...

i love new maps because i dont need "spots" to shoot teh fayce. bring it.

mew1

caitlin

blze said:
2 words:

STAT WHORES

if there is a "new" map then people don't have "their spots" and know all the little tricks so they can't run up and p00n nubs because they, in fact, are now the nubs themselves...

mew1

agreeeeeeeed

slick

What Samseed said and Rock Lee. I rather play 12v12 on dust2 than 7v7 on oilrig...
And I fucking hate dark maps.

There are only a few of the non-regular maps that I like. I cant remember their name, one of them is the first map we played in CAL this year.

PS blze, if you havent noticed the same players are gonna have the top scores, no matter what map we play.......

SamSeed

blze said:
2 words:

STAT WHORES

mew1

Thats the problem.. I dont see people pwning anyone.. They find a spot and sit there until someone runs by... So 5 of us will explore, then die. Meanwhile the rest of the team is hiding because of being STAT WHORES.

SamSeed said:
blze said:
2 words:

STAT WHORES

mew1

Thats the problem.. I dont see people pwning anyone.. They find a spot and sit there until someone runs by... So 5 of us will explore, then die. Meanwhile the rest of the team is hiding because of being STAT WHORES.

I agree that the maps Nick posted are overplayed, esspecially aztec. However, maps such as dust2_cz, I find are fair maps in that no one side has advantage unless the teams are stacked. And a stat whore is a stat whore, no matter what map you play, they'll find a way to whore it up. Live with it or don't, not gonna change a thing.

I do wish we could play those cpl and czl maps more often when the server is not so full. We scrimmed PuNx on cpl_mill yesterday and although we got our asses kicked I still had a blast.

PS Whatever happened to coldshell? I thought it was a pretty fun map.

Werbung:

sw@b

i agree with wat Rock said....i also like new maps cuz noone really knows em yet, so it makes it all about skill and not so much camping or rush-timing....btw, destown may get stacked T-side but the last 2 times ive played it the CT's have a 2-1 win ratio, seems like its alot fairer than oilrig...