Wii Virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunners-4-life

Can I download a virus that will break or modify my Wii in a bad way on the Opera browser because that is pretty scary.
I there is I might not get the Opera Browser, are there firewalls or something like that or are a security company e.g Mccaffe, Norton, AVG working on this?

Werbung:

thexcheat

are you trying to download a virus that will break your wii? or trying to figure out, if just by browsing webpages you can get a virus.

gunners-4-life

MAR1O said:
are you trying to download a virus that will break your wii? or trying to figure out, if just by browsing webpages you can get a virus.

im trying to figure out, if just by browsing webpages you can get a virus.

gunners-4-life

Theherolink_1 said:
PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE! DON'T DOUBLE POST THERE IS AN EDDIT BUTTON! AND NO! well there are some hackers that are trying to do that:)
sorry, now im having second thoughts on the internet browser, will nintendo guarenntre cover any damage done to a wii?

Theherolink_1

gunners-4-life said:
Theherolink_1 said:
PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE! DON'T DOUBLE POST THERE IS AN EDDIT BUTTON! AND NO! well there are some hackers that are trying to do that:)
sorry, now im having second thoughts on the internet browser, will nintendo guarenntre cover any damage done to a wii?

well yeah I think....you can call them if you want and talk them about it....

metroidprime3rules

gunners-4-life said:
Theherolink_1 said:

Gunner please do not double post.

cloudzero45

I guess you could since the opera bowser contains java

but i don't think that if you do get a virus it would become a popular and as deadly as microsoft's Red Ring Of Death

Sousanator

No you cant get a virus, at least not at this time. If we could get virus' that means it should be possible to softmod your wii, which you cant do right now.

EDIT: PC Viruses wont work on wii, the same way they don't work on Macs. Its just not compatible.

beano

It's theoretically possible, but I don't think anyone has written a virus for the Wii and I imagine it would be pretty difficult to do. Much easier and more effective to write one for Windows.

Java has sandbox-type security built into it as well which should help make it even more difficult.

beerbert

cloudzero45 said:

but i don't think that if you do get a virus it would become a popular and as deadly as microsoft's Red Ring Of Death

the wii cant support java but it can support flash well not the latest version of it cuz on my wii i can watch utube vids

beano

beerbert said:
cloudzero45 said:

the wii cant support java but it can support flash well not the latest version of it cuz on my wii i can watch utube vids

In that case ignore what I said about Java and it would be very difficult indeed (I never say anything's impossible - except the Striker cup in MSCF) to get a virus on Wii.

Werbung:

gunners-4-life

this really depends on virus programmers in the end but as i said i wont visit bad websites
maybe they could make a wii realted mcaffe siteadvisor

Status
Not open for further replies.