$100 Wii

vulcanrage

According to an interview that G4 had with reggie Fils Amie, the original cost and plans for the wii would've been around $100!!! that would be cool, but probably wouldn't have all the features it has now

Werbung:

Gdog

Unbelievable! That would've made my life so much easier. Then again, I'm sure nintendo is very thankful that they didn't go through with that, because either way, they probably would've sold the same amount of Wii's, so this way, they got a huge amount more of income.

hockeyhero

[/align]$100? Wow...that would'v been cheap.....gamecube over here are selling for $90....... think about how cheap that would've gotte.....

p.s. do you have any sources or links...?

Sonson

I find that a bit hard to swallow, myself. While it certainly would have been nice, if the Wii was exacally as it is now yet released for that price, Nintendo would have most likely lost money on each sale.

Gdog

GoldenAssassin said:
uh..alright...links...?

hockeyhero said:
[/align]$100? Wow...that would'v been cheap.....gamecube over here are selling for $90....... think about how cheap that would've gotte.....

p.s. do you have any sources or links...?

Here you go guys!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6161948.html

hockeyhero

just to make a note...... if nintendo was going to get profit if they sold the wii for $100....think how much pofit they're making when they're selling it for $275 here......

Sonson

But it seems very unlikely that they WOULD make a profit. The Wii is a complicated piece of hardware that most likely costs more than one hundred dollars to produce.

Of course, I have no idea how much it ACTUALLY costs to produce, so I could be incorrect. But it just seems so unlikely that selling the Wii for such a measly amount of money would actually turn up a profit for Nintendo

Edit: Though after viewing that link, I suppose I actually am incorrect. It's very impressive that they could create and produce each Wii console for under one hundred

sear69

$100 thats like £50 or there abouts, that would be well cheap for a games console, the games sell for not far off that price! They better not drop the price now, I only got mine a few weeks ago, that would be so annoying!

Ryano

sear69 said:
$100 thats like £50 or there abouts, that would be well cheap for a games console, the games sell for not far off that price! They better not drop the price now, I only got mine a few weeks ago, that would be so annoying!

I don't think the xchange rate is that good.....maybe about £70...

Werbung: