About hackers and the state of the game

aeble

Hi there, I'm new to the whole Combat Arms experience and I just had a few questions for some who have been around the CA community for a while.

I downloaded this game on a whim last night and found myself playing it for hours, I really enjoyed it. However over the course of, oh, 3 hours playing. I was accused of being a "hacker" in excess of 5 different occasions, by different people in different games..

Now I assure you I am not doing anything other then loading up the game and blasting away.. I did do fairly well in all the games I played, but I chalk that up to a lot of FPS gaming experience coupled with the recruit server I was playing on..

I did a little more reading, on forums mostly, and I noticed a lot of people saying this game is ruined because of hackers, and everyone hacks.. etc etc..

Is this hack paranoia overblown? I mean almost a half-dozen people accused ME of hacking and I had only played the game for a few hours, entirely free of any cheats or anything..

Just wanting to get a decent judgment of the state of the game from people who have played for a while and have a genuine understanding of how it is doing.

Werbung:

DarkLink

Combat Arms is infested with hackers, and there are a lot of them. Some people are just noobs that cry out anything that killed him. Just ignore them.:(

SPARTANZ77

yes most likely if you get more than 30 kills and less then 10 deaths you will problably get called a hacker you wont beleive to what extent noobs will go to accuse people of hacking,as you may know you are given 3 sec. of invulnerbility when you spawn so i had just spawned and there was a guy next to me so i shot him he called me a hacker and said he couldint shoot becuase i jammed his gun what did i do shove my finger in the barrel??? what a noob.

Love

Hi there, I'm new to the whole Combat Arms experience and I just had a few questions for some who have been around the CA community for a while.

I downloaded this game on a whim last night and found myself playing it for hours, I really enjoyed it. However over the course of, oh, 3 hours playing. I was accused of being a "hacker" in excess of 5 different occasions, by different people in different games..

Now I assure you I am not doing anything other then loading up the game and blasting away.. I did do fairly well in all the games I played, but I chalk that up to a lot of FPS gaming experience coupled with the recruit server I was playing on..

I did a little more reading, on forums mostly, and I noticed a lot of people saying this game is ruined because of hackers, and everyone hacks.. etc etc..

Is this hack paranoia overblown? I mean almost a half-dozen people accused ME of hacking and I had only played the game for a few hours, entirely free of any cheats or anything..

Just wanting to get a decent judgment of the state of the game from people who have played for a while and have a genuine understanding of how it is doing.

Welcome to CAF.

Everyone's considered a hacker at some point in their life, so don't sweat it, as long as you don't have any sort of hacking program for ANY game installed onto your computer, you have nothing to worry about.
It's rather annoying, but the only thing you can do is keep making them believe you hack by enjoying yourself during gameplay.

Don't let it get to ya, it's nothing to worry about.

Jordan B

Hi and Again , welcome to these wonderful forums .

If you get hooked on Combat Arms and continue to play it , you WILL continue to
be called a Hacker , glitcher , cheater etc etc.
It's some peoples way of expressing their anger at the fact that they got shot.Noobs.

In terms of the state of the game . . . well . . . It used to be horrible . But I have to
say from experience that it HAS gotten better with time . As long as the game and its code exists , there will be hacks - and hackers.

If you know that you aren't hacking , or glitching ( that's bad aswell ) just tell them you came from other fps games and it's just skill etc etc a few times , and after that , just ignore them - Its not worth it .

Don't let them put you off Combat Arms - It's a fabulous Game .

Jordan :D

Bostro

Hey about ur hacking thing. If you are called a hacker, oh well. I think most people have been called it atleast once. The hacking within the game is and up and down thing. I dont see much of the godmode, speed, or anything along those lines. Your mostly gonna run into soft hackers. They tend to use what is called chams or wall hack. It is easy to spot people abusing it and at that point, best bet is to leave and find a different room. It can be a fun game as long as you dont run into hacks and it can be some what addictive at first. Hope you enjoy the game and your time playing it.

-DeaFen0-

If hacking is such a big deal, accused or fighting against one, then just get your real-life and reliable online friends to make a password room. None the less, EVERYONE will get called a hacker at some point. The second they put in, if ever, voice chat, I'm gonna have some nice and well worded words for those who complain.

powerface

I have accused some of hacking, you know the people who shoot through walls and floors........... I only throw the hack card if it is like this one guy killing everyone with head shots and he never took one death, pretty obvious. This is one of the funnest most addictive fps games I have played I really enjoy it. But it is full of hackers, I mean worse than diablo 2 lod, seriously. It is infested and needs an enima.

Love

I have accused some of hacking, you know the people who shoot through walls and floors........... I only throw the hack card if it is like this one guy killing everyone with head shots and he never took one death, pretty obvious. This is one of the funnest most addictive fps games I have played I really enjoy it. But it is full of hackers, I mean worse than diablo 2 lod, seriously. It is infested and needs an enima.

Not necessarily obvious when there are skilled players out there who do in fact waste countless hours of their life to perfect the game.

powerface

Not necessarily obvious when there are skilled players out there who do in fact waste countless hours of their life to perfect the game.

When a player is killing you through walls or floors and kills non stop with head shots and never dies it is indeed obvious. Thank you, good game.

Love

When a player is killing you through walls or floors and kills non stop with head shots and never dies it is indeed obvious. Thank you, good game.

I'm not saying anything about through walls/floors, I was referring to consistent headshots.

powerface

OK, so let me speak a bit more clearly. This guy was killing nonstop, ultra kills, all head shots, every kill he had was a head shot and to top it off he never died once. He had over 40 head shot kills with not a single death. Now let us apply the use of probability here. What do deem the chances of him being the absolute most lethal player to ever play this game? He was a hack, and their are thousands of others who do it all the time and are ruining the game. Seriously, I was not kidding when I said there are more hackers here than on Diablo two. This game could be great, add more maps, sweep for hackers, actually mark ip address of people and perma ban them. And don't try to sell me the old saying "We could never catch them all" Nexon could take out a ton of them if they wanted. Bad management of this game in my opinion. They should apply the "one account per email addy", might help cut down some.

Love

OK, so let me speak a bit more clearly. This guy was killing nonstop, ultra kills, all head shots, every kill he had was a head shot and to top it off he never died once. He had over 40 head shot kills with not a single death. Now let us apply the use of probability here. What do deem the chances of him being the absolute most lethal player to ever play this game? He was a hack, and their are thousands of others who do it all the time and are ruining the game. Seriously, I was not kidding when I said there are more hackers here than on Diablo two. This game could be great, add more maps, sweep for hackers, actually mark ip address of people and perma ban them. And don't try to sell me the old saying "We could never catch them all" Nexon could take out a ton of them if they wanted. Bad management of this game in my opinion. They should apply the "one account per email addy", might help cut down some.

Meh, you know what I mean.
There are ways to bypass an IP ban, thus it not working.
It's a free game, what would you expect?

Werbung:

Bostro

umm...didnt take time to read much but as far as I know, nexon is not ip banning. Last I knew, or thought, it was just account ban. Which means they can go make a new account if theres gets banned. Not really gonna stop hacking that way.