AIRSTRIKE KILLS AL-ZARQAWI

Werbung:

Dirty

PLEASE HEAR ME OUT!
Please read with an open mind.

Who gives a shit...

There are thousands of men, women and children with the same hate for America waiting to take his place. We have murdered childrens families, mens brothers, sisters, fathers and so on.

I don't like terrorist but we have to look at the BIGGER picture here. This is not a "win" of any kind. American politics and media has you all soaked in ink, lost in the lines of fine print and hidden agendas. This sudden "turn in the war on terror" is just that, something to sidetrack American people from the Haditha massacre. Turn on the news and see what they are talking about. Some rich fatass Iraqi that got killed in a bombing... So what? He has already been replaced by the ones he lead.

There was a 9 year old Iraqi girl that was hiding under her bed during the Haditha massacres watching her family be murdered by American soldiers out of cold blood. Iman Waleed Abdul Hameed, said Marines killed her father, mother, brother, two uncles and grandmother. Here is the 9 year old in her own words “First, they went into my father’s room, where he was reading the Koran, and we heard shots. Then, the soldiers came back into the living room. I couldn't’t see their faces very well -- only their guns sticking into the doorway. I watched them shoot my grandfather, first in the chest and then in the head. Then they killed my granny."

Safa Younis Salim, a 13-year old girl, who in an interview said she lived by faking her death. â€I pretended that I was dead when my brother's body fell on me and he was bleeding like a faucet," she said. She said that she saw American troops kick her family members and that one American shouted in the face of one relative before he was killed.

Another eye witness, Briones said he took pictures of at least 15 bodies before his camera batteries died. He said he then helped other Marines remove the bodies and place them in body bags. He said his worst moment, and one that haunts him to this day, was picking up the body of a young girl who was shot in the head.

So... As you celebrate one death of a rich fatass terrorist oil tycoon we happened to kill that has already been replaced. Think about the innocent kids that watch their innocent parents murdered before their eyes.
Think, does al-Zarqawi's death really mean much?

Casualty

a leader doent always rise up though. if we show that there is a consequence for their actions then future would be leaders will be less eager to jion the fight and lead others

SlipperySpliffs

Cas,

Maybe so, but these young kids may not be leaders but if they see their families getting killed everyday, it doesn't take much to sway them into thinking that getting revenge on innocent people is the right thing to do.

I agree with Dirty, although this is a big development..in the bigger picture i don't think it'll deter any of the terrorits from doing the things they do.

SamSeed

Dirty, I read the same article.. However you forgot to point out that the same girl when asked to recount what happend for a 3rd time her story changed just slightly. She mentioned that she didnt go to school that day because she knew there was a bomb.... How would she know??? Family involved?????

Not saying we should massacre anyone especially children, but unless you were there, you will never know what those Marines were thinking at that moment or what they go through on a daily basis.

And how about the other 175,000 troops who are actually trying to help these people????? 10 Marines out of 175,000.. I think thats a pretty good ratio..

Yes this is only one fish.. But nonetheless, a big one!

Dont get me started with collateral damage.. I would have dropped a huge bomb on half the mideast already...

Casualty

im not saying thta this will shift the war our way and change the life of every iraqi forever. but i do think this has some significance

SJsniperjoe

I read about the Haditha Massacre in my times magazine.. That was terrible. I didnt read the whole article but the marines thought that the insurgents that blew up one of their vehicles killing a good friend, a marine, were stationed in the near by houses. It was entirely wrong of them to storm in and shoot up everyone. by the time they got to the third or fourth house they started to just shoot the men while holding the women in the other room. Pretty messed up. THe marines should not be allowed to take actions into there own hands without orders from an officer. It does make us look bad. If I died in the service, I would hope to God that my commrades don't take it out on the neighboring civillians. If I died, well what do you expect enlisting yourself. Shit is going to happen.

MeanMugginFool

While that is a great sentiment SJ, it's just not realistic. These guys are in the heat of battle, and the only people they trust are those fighting next to them, that's the way they have to be to survive. Also factor in that most of them have been over there way too long, plus the heat constantly baking on them, and they just watched one of their own (at the time they may have thought it was 2 also, the one guy was badly injured but thought dead according to the story I heard on the news), it may have been just the right combination to set these guys off. Do I think it was right of them? No. But having heard stories about Vietnam and that from my dad and relatives and their friends who have served in the Marines, this is the ugly part of war that always occurs.

*edit* and on the Al Zarqawi strike, at the very least it is a much needed morale boost for the soldiers over there fighting, and also forces the insurgency to reorganize and possibly be less effective. Just because someone may be ready to take his place, doesn't mean you should let him be. I just don't think the media should be glorifying it as much as they are, I watched CNN for a tick earlier, and they had this whole graphic deal of his pictures and targets on him, and then ended in bold letters "Zarqawi KILLED"

Werbung:

Dirty

Well the point is if they wernt there they would not kill children...

Why shoot a little girl in the head?

It is all pretty stupid and there is NO reason we should back up a war that is pointless.