AWPS

Should we include a map with awps in the map rotation?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• 1 per team

• Total voters

Machiavelli

There was a server I played on that allowed awps for the losing team only. That makes a nice way to thin out the stacker population with 400 damage headshots.

Werbung:

COSTANZA

Hey guys! First post for me so far. Thanks for running a great server thats always fun as hell to play on. Anyways, i think this topic is an important one, due to the fact that the main reason i think most people like this server is because there is NO awp. However, an all awp map might be fun to do once in a while just to keep things interesting, and to break the regular cycle of the same old maps. But i think it should be AWP ONLY maps, NOT regular maps with an awp or two thrown in. That would make punx just like all the other servers, which are not nearly as fun to play in. Just thought i would share my thoughts. Keep up the good work!

stoned_MONKee

One of the best things about PuNx is no awps, and I think it is the best way to keep it. Most of the people who want the awps just want to pad their stats. The awp slows the pace of the game down, and turns it into a campfest, so I am anti-awp. If there was an awp map thrown into the rotation I guess that would allow people to leave if they don't like the awp, and that might be okay. Just keep the damn awp off the rest of the maps! :twisted:

Puppet

Funny thing is, nothing is going to get done about this vote. It's a no AWP server. Admins aren't sitting here counting the poll to see what we need to do next. So guess what?......You got it! No AWP!!!! Nice to get your opinion though. I have carefully stowed it in file 5. When we get our scrim server we'll be pounding out the awps left and right. Til then....same old.

Puppet

See my answer in the other thread. It's not the scrim server. Why would we tease you about something only we will enjoy? Now don't get your hopes up. It's not an all-expense paid trip to New York City for a Punx convention either. And it has nothing to do with passing a cracker around. Shoot for something in between.

{Iceman}

If awps are coming back, then one balancing factor could be to drop the awpers health and armour when they buy it i.e., one server i played on drops your health and armor to 20, but if you survive the round, you respawn, with your awp, and full health.

I also like Mach's idea about only giving it to the losing team.

{Iceman}

Defender

Well as you can see from 3 pages of players posting...no one can agree and the awp is very contraversal. Occassionally I get duped into adding an awp for a map and immediately it gets GAY. There is always a l33t fuck or two that can go 50-3 with an AWP and just create ownage. It's also makes it more difficult to spot a hacker since the weapon kills on just about every hit. The awp is a cannon and I can't see it as a realistic weapon in a real situation. I think this is really Valves fault for making it so terrible. The awp should really slow a player down greatly. You should NOT be able to scope and move. And no scope shots should be much harder to get. This gun is a god damn cannon!

If I added even 1 per team per map it would change the server greatly. We would lose players, maps would get uneven, and the game would become frustrating to some of us very fast. I go to servers where AWP is allowed sometimes and when I do I realize how much this single weapon effects the the game. It's too powerful and creates instant unbalance. It also SLOWS the pace of the game. If there is an AWPer on a map then of course you can't rush anymore.

Aztec- fucked by awp
Italy -fucked by awp
Dust2 -fucked by awp
Office - fucked by awp
Corruption -fucked by awp

You know these maps would become fucked up by AWP snipers. As it is...you have to aim, be sneaky, and have some luck to kick ass on PuNx. If you add the awp you just need a bullet.

Another peeve I have with the weapon is the sound it makes. BOOM echo echo echo BOOM echo echo echo BOOM. It's fucking sickening to listen to over and over again some fucktard who just shoots and shoots. This also leads into my other peeve about the AWP. That quick reload shit. You know it....AWP, FIRE, DEAGLE, AWP ....it's fucking gay to watch and I think it's an exploit. I seen some fuckers let loose with the awp twice as fast as normal. I never understood why this weapon is allowed.

Now I am realistic and of course we need to use it for scrims and matches. Of course on our scrim/practice server it would be enabled. Now personally I think our team does rather well without the AWP and when it does come into play we seem to have guys who are quite good with it. I would consider adding AWP to server ONLY if we seriously needed the practice on it to win matches. I don't think this is the case though and as someone pointed out, we can scout and it's pretty close to the awp without the BOOM and quick reload.

As you can see from the vote...over 50% say NO AWP. 40 votes I think is the most votes we have ever seen here. PuNx is branded as a no AWP server and that's how we got so big (part of it anyways). So PuNx will stay a NO AWP server.

BAH...

Werbung: