Bad Capacitors

Have you experienced a hardware failure due to faulty capacitors?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I like AOL

• What the hell are you talking about?

• Total voters

MoneyShot

SuXoR said:
Now I just have one question. It has been established that a jiggawhat is 1 x 10^9 whats (or 2^30 binary). So what the hell is a gigolo (jiggalow)? Great Scott! That's alot of J-Lo!

Since it seems you are looking for advice from a gigolo, I would say to be preemtive and pick up two spare boards for the company, test them, and leave them in the box. Since the overall power draw on boards has increased due to clockspeed and voltage the current capacitors are much more stoudt (or not flawed however you feel like saying it), and that tiawan-cheapocapacitor problem was IIRC between 2002 and 2003.

I would also reccomend if you are running a peltier cooling to make sure the seperate power supply running the peltier is switched on before the computer. That will help you add to chip logevity, burnout boy. :!:

I am thinking about sending off handymans VP6 for a capactor swap before putting it into the 1U thats supposedly coming in (tinfoil hat deal). The one good from all this hassle is at least the manufacturers are swapping out capacitors with no questions asked, no matter how far out of warranty the boards are.

Werbung:

imported_SuXoR

Yeah, I know how to handle the problem. However, the original purpose for this post/poll was to see if any of you have had this problem.

Oh, by the way, the second power supply was on just fine. It was my hunky-rigged retention mechanism that failed. Since we are talking about burning up chips, I seem to remember a certain someone who had a heatsink mysteriously pop off and burn up a customer's CPU. :wink:

Is handyman's board dead? If so, let's try to replace the capacitors ourselves. I printed out a guide that shows how to do it. It's a little tricky (6 layer PCB) but I want to try it. I have to go to my folks house and see if I can dig up my old BE6II. I would like to practice on it. Come on, I know that you are up for some solder modding. Hold on- I need to grab my tin foil body suit...

MoneyShot

funny, I just ordered 2 933 P3's and 2 heatsinks with a gig of ram for that.... The board worked until retired, but I would not mind building that one with friends around.

It will have
abit vp6
2xp3-933
1GB pc133
U160 7200 7GB hd.
As of yet to determined case.
2d vidcard.

oh and I also got an NV silencer 5 and AS5 coming in.

Werbung: