can you download a emulator from the internet on your wii

LinkHylian

I was wondering if you can download an emulator on the wii.I've done it with my computer but I'm not sure if you can do the same on the wii.

Werbung:

kaitora

i'm not sure yet, there may have been modders that have found a way to do it, but with the constant wii firmware updates, nintendo can eliminate them working for a short period untill the modders find a way to do it again

MaxiPower

an emulator lets you play a game without the game.... IE.... for free

comes in two parts

the emulator and the rom, The rom is basically the game. the emulator is made by an experienced coder and the rom is obtained by someone ripping the game.. downloading a emulator is completely legal but sadly same cannot be said for the Rom, which is completely illegal.. but peeps do it anyway.. like me XD..

if ya have any more questions drop me a PM..

kaitora

MaxiPower said:

comes in two parts

the emulator and the rom, The rom is basically the game. the emulator is made by an experienced coder and the rom is obtained by someone ripping the game.. downloading a emulator is completely legal but sadly same cannot be said for the Rom, which is completely illegal.. but peeps do it anyway.. like me XD..

what you have said is partly true, but downloading roms is legal in two cases:
1) If you own an original copy of the game
2) If you use it for evaluation purpose and delete the ROM within 24 hours.

The emulator is also illegal if you don't own the console (as the bios is copyrighted)

KHRZ

kaitora said:
MaxiPower said:

comes in two parts

The emulator is also illegal if you don't own the console (as the bios is copyrighted)

So it's illegal even if you own it on the VC? >-<

kaitora

well you'd be owning a virtual copy of the game... not sure if it's illegal then, because you'd have paid for it.... however if you have it on VC why would you want an emulator for it?

X-ImPulse

Well, actually, there is a way...

At isohunt.com/torrents you can download a ISO file called "Wii Emulation Collection" if I recall correctly... There is a bunch of VC games. What you have to do is simply download the iso, burn it into a DVD+R and run it Wii, however your Wii must be hardware-moded... TOOO BAAAD...

kaitora

you don't want to mod your wii though, as future updates will disable it from working... is it really worth the risk to play some games that you MAY have illegally

pstevo123

i found this on a site i was looking at... the instructional video got deleted very fast.... but this article explans how this person did it

"A clever wii user named NitrousXP used a five year old hack to run vintage games using a GameCube Action Replay disk. In this instructional video, he simply loads the software from SDLoad with pirated roms sitting in his flash card, then effortlessly illustrates how to play Super Nintendo games not yet available on the Wii VC (using SNES9X), the best part is the hack doesn't require any modding to wii"

kaitora

hmmmmmm sounds clever. you can buy that item on amazon.co.uk and i think it's only 20 quid... hmmmmmmmm to buy or not to buy? that is the question? but i wouldn't run roms and emulators, i'd run homebrew software on wii

Danny

KHRZ said:
kaitora said:
MaxiPower said:

comes in two parts

So it's illegal even if you own it on the VC? >-<

Yea I believe it is.. Cause it's Licensed to you..

Werbung:

kaitora

you could always use the gamecube homebrew loader kit from codejunkies on your wii... if it doesn't work, then all you have to do is disc swap to get the disc to work... all the stuff goes onto your sd card