Commando - gun or knife?

Slartibartfast

Hi there,

seeing activity in "soldier" thread, i would like to hear your opinion on what to take WITH a rifle as a commando and why.

And if pistol, which one.

Werbung:

Hari Seldon

It depends what sort of commando you want to be!

If you like to cap, then take a knife or short range pistol.

If you like to camp, take long/medium range pistol.

Nurech

I have noticed that I die more to sniper piercing shots than knives. 2-3 shots and I'm dead, really great when someone is distracting your target, which happens a lot with soldiers/gunners.

Snoogiloo

im playing as a rifle commando. knifers r just lame imo and actually SUCK if its more than 1v1. they can sneak up on a single person and kill him but as soon as they r more the others will notice him and kill him in no time at all.

as a Rifle comman do i would suggest taking the slow/longrange sniper just coz of the good accuracy and that u can shoot far away, and it actually aint that slow imo. still easy to get kills with it ;)

Skills would be
5 stealth
5 TT
5 PS
1 elixir/mark

at lvl 2 get level 1 PS and after that max out stealth and then TT and then get the PS maxed.

why did i take this?
stealth lvl 5, MANDATORY i mean wtf. decreases the range to see u ALOT and also decrease the CD ALOT, what more do i need to say ^^

Troop Trap lvl 5, very good skill just for planting it at the flagpoints to earn easy experience and to dmg the enemy, and not rarely u get kills too :) its also good if ur taking over a flag and there comes a enemy player, just throw a TT at him and wait for it to blow off and then just knife him to death.

Piercing shot lvl 5, Really good thing to have when u need to take down some1 quick or atking some1 with alot of HP(gunner). when u have PS at a high lvl u can try using the faster rifle just to get more shots out but then u need to know that u actually can aim that fast and get the headshots with it.

elixir/mark lvl 1, this one all depends on what u feel that u need in ur playstyle. myself im gonna pick mark target since i often run around to different camping places and take out enemy snipers

Harrowed

My tactic depends on enemy and map and my mood. Sometimes camp and sometimes I go to knife people.

Stealth lvl 5 fits to both tactics.

My Troop Trap is now lvl 3 and going to be 5 and it fits too to both tactics.

Lvl 1 Mark Target fits to both too 'cause when sniping you can mark invisible commandos and when running around you can mark enemies to your teammates.

Lvl 1 Piercing shot is now enough for sniping, dmg doesn't increase very much in higher lvls.

So I maxed stealth first, then I took 1 for PP, 2 for TT, 1 for MT, 1 for TT. Next I'm gonna max TT first and then I'll maybe max PP because I think I'm after all more like sniper than knifer.

Slartibartfast

Thanks, i realize now that i put the question wrong.

What i meant to ask, was what best complements slowrifle + PS(1atm), max stealth and TT + mark, i use mid range pistol, but i have seen crazy moves by knife-wielders. I personally cannot use knife well, so im asking whether it is worth is learning how to stab your enemies or its more effective to use pistol.

So if u are sniper-commando, which secondary weapon will you take with you?

Snoogiloo

im using a knife. but mainly since i think the pistols suck :p
a knifer vs a pistoler = pistol higher chance to win
a knifer vs a non commando = knifer higher chance to win

Harrowed

a knifer vs a pistoler = pistol higher chance to win
Depends on pistoler. Most people suck with pistol and they lose (I have tried pistol and I lost every time ;)), but they who know how to use pistol win almost every time. If you have skills and patience to practice with pistol I think it's worth it. But knife is always the best sneaky weapon when attacking from behind and it kills almost instantly so I'd go too with knife ;)

Snoogiloo

i donno why people pick elixir really unless ur a close combat commando.
it gives out ur spot to the entire freakin map by making that huge cloud behind you... nah i put my point into mark target instead..

richard3

If you are an advanced sniper aka PRO, I would suggest you using 2 snipers: the long range/slow and the fast/close range.

Why ? WTF... you wont stop spamming shots as long as when you are using one the other reloads, so its a Killa Tactic.

I tried using Knife and All the Handguns, but I can assure that 2 snipers at the same time are much better. It is important to remember that if you are not an experienced commando this is not for you, because you MUST know the recoils from both snipers well.

Thats my tip which works pretty good for me and let me always stay on top.
Level 21 - Commando

Slartibartfast

Hehe, i thought about it but never had the guts to try it:) But with PS lasting longer than it takes to empty one clip...this could work awesome

Playtested, incredible damage potential long range (killing group of two full gunners and a commando(noob) at CC bridge without support), completely useless against knifer (as oposed to pistol version which pwns them). Minor troubles switching from high recoil rifle to generic one (keep compensating or recoil which isnt there)

ElectrifieD

Snoogiloo said:
it gives out ur spot to the entire freakin map by making that huge cloud behind you... nah i put my point into mark target instead..

Well, it helps you to escape from a sure death 80% of the time, plus you can run and hide somewhere else while your stealth recharges.

Snoogiloo

ElectrifieD said:
Snoogiloo said:

Well, it helps you to escape from a sure death 80% of the time, plus you can run and hide somewhere else while your stealth recharges.

if ur playing against noobs yea, pros no. if u havnt looked the elixir makes u visible from MILES away so u will be so easy to spot. as soon as some commando in the oposite team uses it i kill him 90% of the time coz i know where hes at already. if he didnt use elixir i wouldnt spot him as easy..

and as i have said b4, a good sniper aint supposed to have to run away from any1 coz he shall not be seen ;)

Werbung:

Slartibartfast

True, using two rifle setup i rarely do have to run. Either they are all dead, or i am.(taking good portion of bad guys with me, of course )

And elixir isnt worth it, even when the smoke clears, u leave a trail which gives you away even thru stealth. Deathwish in my book.