Contreversy

Earnest

I really don't care, but some people are a little ticked off.

According to gameplay trailers easily found on youtube, Solid Snake will now hug walls literally. When hugging a wall to avoid detection or too look aroiund a corner, he will now be doing it on his stomach, with his hands up against the wall.

What'ya reckon?

Also, it seems the Cardboard box has been ditched for Steel drums. Whether boxes will still be in the game is unknown, but either way, they'll be made redundant by the drums.

Werbung:

Judge

I'm pretty sure I remember Kojima saying that MGS4 would completely lack boxes. Wouldn't make sense anyways. As it would take a incredibly stupid guard not to wonder what a box of video games is doing in the middle of a battlefeild or any other kind of box really at least for that kind of warzone looks like pretty much everything is destroyed. Anyways getting to the main point of your post....

I think it makes more sense for him to hug walls in this manner. He keeps most of his stuff, magazines, grenades,etc on his front and so it appears more bump on his front. On his back he has nothing just flat. And walls seem to have a tendancy to be flat not bumpy. Therefore having his back face outwards could provide him with slightly better camo.

It also makes sense to face the wall because it hi easeir to lean out while allowing you to expose less of yourself. By facing the wall he only needs to just tip his head over a corner to take a look. Its more comfortable and he exposes almost nothing of himself. Remember in the past games when he tried to look around a corner he exposed not only hi entire head but part of his chest. If theres someone there its like saying "Hello, shoot me".