CZ server!

Intoxicated

on cz the max fps i could get was 60. on cs:s i get anywhere from 50-120 fps. thats a big difference. i also agree with puppet, change is good.

Werbung:

MoneyBags

yeah we just changed over to cs:s which plays more like a beta the a finnished game... and the reason the max fps u could get in cz is 60 is cuz you never bothered to turn off z- sync .... getting 100 fps in cz makes a big diff..and not having that number move much in smoke is even better.... 50-120 fps.... thats like what im getting... and i havnt upgraded

Puppet

How's about you tell us how to shut off "z-sync". I can't find it in any settings. Or did you mean v-sync? I have that off and it didn't make much difference when I did.

MoneyBags

yeah i ment v-sync ... then you have to type max_fps 101 ... once you trun it off you'll prob get 72 fps max .. thats what cz sets your max fps as.......well you also need a graphics card thats going to get 100 fps too....

Puppet

I've got an ATI card so I can speak for anything else. On my ati you right click the desktop-> choose properties ->click Settings ->click advanced -> Click the 3D tab. I did the next part for both DIRECT3D and OPENGL. Check the box for "Use custom settings"-> click the custom button -> Go to "Wait for Vertical Sync" and also "TRUFORM" and turn them off. One of these days I'll play with the other settings to see what effect they have.

slick

MoneyBags said:
yeah i ment v-sync ... then you have to type max_fps 101 ... once you trun it off you'll prob get 72 fps max .. thats what cz sets your max fps as.......well you also need a graphics card thats going to get 100 fps too....

where do you type that max_fps 101 cause it's not a command for CSS or CZ ?

thanx

Puppet

You put max_fps into your autoexec.cfg file like this:

fps_max "100"

Here is an excerpt about that value:

"There is no reason to set this higher than the refresh rate on your monitor"

slick

DiLLa said:
thats because its fps_max u retard :p

money sayd max_fps so ..... :p fuck you dilla

and by the way I have v-sync set to application controlled. If I turn it off I do get 72 fps instead of 60 (at 1600X1200....CZ) but it's choppy or laggy or whatever and it's bad not just a lil...so...wtf

slick

Puppet said:
You put max_fps into your autoexec.cfg file like this:

fps_max "100"

Here is an excerpt about that value:

"There is no reason to set this higher than the refresh rate on your monitor"
thanx Puppet

Werbung: