Games to avoid

Seawied

Wii sux...PS3 sux...XBOX sux...IMAO (no offending)...a Pc is low maintenance...

are you crazy?? PC is the highest maintenance out of the 4.

Cost for a decent graphics card to run your games: $200
Cost for the entire Xbox system: $200

I'm a fan of PC gaming (otherwise I wouldn't be here) but its much more expensive than 360, PS3 or the Wii

Werbung:

SpIkE_JoNzE

are you crazy?? PC is the highest maintenance out of the 4.

Cost for a decent graphics card to run your games: $200
Cost for the entire Xbox system: $200

I'm a fan of PC gaming (otherwise I wouldn't be here) but its much more expensive than 360, PS3 or the Wii

i said maintenance...not piece replacement...and the if u know how to use it....is as good as all of those other game systems...

Seawied

again I disagree. I had to toss down 150 bucks for a new powersupply just 1 month ago after the highly recommended and well rated 200 buck PSU I bought at the time turned out to be incredibly faulty despite return after return. The only console I've ever had fail on me before is the PS2 (DRE of doom) and that could have been fixed very easily.

Sure the xbox has the red ring of doom, but when have you heard of the Wii failing? When have you heard of a gamecube failing? when have you heard of the original xbox failing? when have you heard of a PS3 failing?

in the grand scheme of things, consoles are cheaper, require less maintaince, and deliver higher quality graphics than their PC counter parts for the money.

Remember, if you have to buy a second xbox because your first one got the red ring of doom, the two systems are still cheaper the cost of one comparable PC

SpIkE_JoNzE

again I disagree. I had to toss down 150 bucks for a new powersupply just 1 month ago after the highly recommended and well rated 200 buck PSU I bought at the time turned out to be incredibly faulty despite return after return. The only console I've ever had fail on me before is the PS2 (DRE of doom) and that could have been fixed very easily.

Sure the xbox has the red ring of doom, but when have you heard of the Wii failing? When have you heard of a gamecube failing? when have you heard of the original xbox failing? when have you heard of a PS3 failing?

in the grand scheme of things, consoles are cheaper, require less maintaince, and deliver higher quality graphics than their PC counter parts for the money.

Remember, if you have to buy a second xbox because your first one got the red ring of doom, the two systems are still cheaper the cost of one comparable PC

but dude...are you trying to turn ur PC into a NASA pc? and ur Pc have a lot of failures.? XBOX and that crap are very expensive here...i agree the PS3 is almost perfect...but with allthe money you can spend of one..you can buy 2 PC's...

Seawied

Lets put things this way. I spent $1400 on a PC about 10 months ago. I posted my specs in a computer thread somewhere else, and am too lazy to post em again. I bought GTA4 when it came out for PC. You'd think with a 1400 self made (no HP/Aliencrap markup) I'd be able to run anyway game on the market at max FPS (60 due to my monitor). Not true. GTA 4 runs at around 30 FPS at a resolution comparable to the 720p it runs at on the 360.

Given this is the only game I have that doesn't run on max settings (I now have a monitor that supports 1920x1200 resolution too), the difference between console and PC is clear.

You can buy two PCs for the price of a PS3? Sure, if by PC you mean a toaster with a Pentium III glued to the side of it. The PS3 is only 400 bucks right now. You can buy a cheapo tower with onboard graphics and an outdated processor for that much. Keep in mind, the PS3 supports 1080p (1920x1080) which is much higher than any midgrade computer can run a game at right now on the market.

Does my computer run into a lot of problems? Very rarely anything I have to put a whole lot of money into. But as I said before, the only console I've owned thats ever gone bad was a PS2, and I bought that one used and modded it. Statistically speaking, consoles are much more reliable than PCs, and this boils down to the fact that consoles are simpler. PCs have to deal with windows, security patches, ports and portforwarding, antiviruses, software and driver updates, user configuration, input devices, different kinds of memories, customized expandability, and are altogether designed to run millions of different programs. Consoles only run games, and only work with devices which are cleared by the one company who designed the console's format.

Rule of thumb: Simple Design=Less that goes wrong.

Lern2Snipe

I didn't like TF2. The fact that you can spend an hour and half shooting eachother is one of the reasons why I stopped playing Farcry 2's Multiplayer as well. Crysis has the same faults.

When a person can take his weight in lead, and still beable to continue walking...I don't play the multi anymore.

Ghost Recon was HARD. The AI in that game was bloody intense. Some of the hardest missions i've never replayed...ever...were in that series of games. Co-Op on the 360 for GRAW-2 was a blast however and it's well worth the buy if you have the 360. The PC version was better in graphics, but in the gameplay it faltered with bugs.

If you enjoy tactical shooters that are bloody impossible to beat, try ArmA and/or Operation Flashpoint. Both older, cheap cheap games now. If you can run CA, you can run both of the above and well...if you have the guts to go through that game on hard and can prove it to me afterward that you actually did it...well you sir...must be one patient SOB. There's gotta be a medal for that somewhere.

That's why Wii pwns<3 Wii<3

The Lone Sniper

NEVER put MOHAA,A, AAS, AAB, or PA on this list! the Medal Of Honor games for Allied Assault, Airborne, Spearhead, Breakthrough, and Pacific Assault are the BEST!

CookieMan

Kung Fu Panda. UGH! What a horrible game.
I played it on my Xbox when all my other discs were scratched (except Halo 3, which had programming errors, had to return it).
Game to play: Blazing Angels 2. It's fun, but nobody's online. Campaign's fun 2 times through, though. It's okay.

Werbung:

Seawied

I thought about picking up Blazing Angels 2 since theres no good fighter pilot games out there, and I really want an excuse to use my joystick.

Kung Fu Panda: what do you expect? there hasn't been a decent movie based game since Goldeneye