Help on my PC

vitamin

Hey guys and gals, I want to speed up my computer and maybe get a new graphics card. I have a dell dimension 4550, 2.0 ghz, P4 processor, 384 mb ram, and like a 64mb nVidia Geforce4 mx 420. I wanna get like a 128 mb video card. Ive got a 120gb hard drive but its basicly full with movies and music. Plus Ive got another hard drive (40gb) and thats full too. Any idea what I should do?

Werbung:

Casualty

first things first figure out what yoru able to spend, second decied if you want a whole new pc, so you can use the old one for other stuff, or if you want to upgrade it.

then post with a mount of money, and other relevent info

Casualty

you know what? up until recently i have always been a avid despiser of pre-biult computers. but it hit me a while back...

its the same machine the only differenace is that you pay someone else to put it together. it may be cheaper to biuld yrouown but jsut becuaes it a dell doenst mean it crap. for instance i jsut ordered my girlfreind a computer from dell that most liekly smokes most of yours, and i didnt pay over 1k for it.

jsut for the record its a 3ghz p4 with a 256 MB vid card and 512 of ram, which ill be upgrading immediantly most liekly to 1gig

Ind3lible

I saw the dell guy trying to perform onstage with triumph the insult comic dog. He was drunk and getting ripped by the audience. It was a train wreck...

blze

rofl, sux, man, its prolly good we didnt grow up together, bc, well, we actually DID make it, and prolly wouldnt have other wise. rofl

Werbung:

imported_SuXoR

If you want to be safe, use name brand products

RAM:
Crucial
Mushkin
Corsair (not value select)
Patriot
Micron (used to be good back in the day)
PNY

Vid Card:
BFG
XFX
EVGA
MSI
ASUS

I know that I left some out. Someone else add to the lists