I have a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggs

k so nobody take this personally but i want to bring this issue to the forefront for discussion.
i understand and respect the rules of this server.
and i like playing here very much.
lately tho i have noticed a trend in peoples 'languitch'
i have noticed that people will use terms like
"gay" "homo" "queer" "fudge packer"
or some variant there of
no im not gay or of the bisexual persuation
i like woman. but i have gay/bi friends
and i am sympathetic to their cause of critizizims
like when im hangin out with them it angers me to no end the looks
they get or the way people in the general public view them
maybe they dont understand or are not as open minded as myself
regardless of the face when i go to CZ i dont like reading/hearing these things
out of respect of my friends i dont like it
and its almost got to the point that people are substituting
using a bannable word for using a slur such as named above

if we are gonna cut out the slammin of people based on race
(because we are a diverse community) maybe consider
when u go to slam someone just own them ingame
instead of having to call someone an above listed slur
jus vent on them with out going out and saying it for all to see

Werbung:

sw@b

first off CS/CZ shuld not be a place to vent racial slurs or talk trashy. Just because the internet is a "free country" and you can really do watever u want theres a thing called common courtesy that ppl shuld always use wen speakin/typeing....i fell for u eggs even though my oppinions about some topics may be diff from yours i dont feel we need to bring hateful politics, religious bigotry, or discriminating things into a game were we all just want to come and chill...

Deviant

I know I'm guilty of saying these things but we can't just tell everyone to stop, this is an adult server and if we do that we might as well make it a no cussing server and let all the kiddies in. PuNx has been this way for 4 years I believe now and I hate to say it, we're not going to change it. We actually just discussed this in the admin section and as admins we are trying to cut down and set a good example. There have been cases where people get offended and then get pissed at certain people, if they don't stop tell an admin and we will handle it. PuNx server has been the best server for 4 years, and this is how it has been so we're going to keep it that way, if people are offended by a certain person b/c they won't fucking stop, we'll deal with it accordingly. People come here to let loose and forget about being professional and worrying about what they say because they do it all day long. This game is meant to be fun and it is an adult server and this is what you get with an adult server. If someone was to actually bash a gay person seriously, I'd ban them and so would any other admin. These comments are not to be taken seriously and as adults we should all know that.

One more thing, if we ban the words based on sexual orientation even if they aren't meant in that way, we would have to ban the use of retard to. I work with intellectuall disabled individuals and if you noticed I'm one of the very very few that doesn't use that word every day because I know what it really means and how nonchalantly people say the word.

sw@b

eggs said:
if we are gonna cut out the slammin of people based on race
(because we are a diverse community) maybe consider
when u go to slam someone just own them ingame
instead of having to call someone an above listed slur
jus vent on them with out going out and saying it for all to see

totally agree

sw@b

Deviant said:
I know I'm guilty of saying these things but we can't just tell everyone to stop, this is an adult server and if we do that we might as well make it a no cussing server and let all the kiddies in. PuNx has been this way for 4 years I believe now and I hate to say it, we're not going to change it. We actually just discussed this in the admin section and as admins we are trying to cut down and set a good example. There have been cases where people get offended and then get pissed at certain people, if they don't stop tell an admin and we will handle it. PuNx server has been the best server for 4 years, and this is how it has been so we're going to keep it that way, if people are offended by a certain person b/c they won't fucking stop, we'll deal with it accordingly. People come here to let loose and forget about being professional and worrying about what they say because they do it all day long. This game is meant to be fun and it is an adult server and this is what you get with an adult server. If someone was to actually bash a gay person seriously, I'd ban them and so would any other admin. These comments are not to be taken seriously and as adults we should all know that.

One more thing, if we ban the words based on sexual orientation even if they aren't meant in that way, we would have to ban the use of retard to. I work with intellectuall disabled individuals and if you noticed I'm one of the very very few that doesn't use that word every day because I know what it really means and how nonchalantly people say the word.

i dont think banning is the answer but we can all be considerate....im not "pro-gay" but u dont see me using that language....ppl need to get their heads outta their ass wen they are online...its not your everyday world that you come into wen u get online and meet ppl u really dont know (excluding your RL friends u play with)

Puppet

I totally agree with you. Of course, I don't want to make a hard ruling on this one though because I think it's enough that we have one no tolerance rule as it is. However, I think we should try to make an effort to not use these terms anymore. I can't imagine that anyone is using it against gays though, so maybe we should start off by reminding people to not use those terms if we hear them. I've been called a dick now twice in the forums, so I think we should have a no tolerance rule on that one because I have known a few guys named Dick and they would really take offense to you guys calling me that in a negative way. :twisted:

EMA

Wow eggs..i just have a convo with someone in PuNx about this...I'm glad i'm not the only who thinks this way. Nice post eggs

Puppet

keisorsoze said:
Repent.................and you shall be saved...............

Is that what you did Keisor? Hey buddy, guess what. I watched Brokeback Mountain with my wife like three nights ago. Other than the gross sex scene it was a pretty good movie. I repent.

EMA

Puppet said:
keisorsoze said:
Repent.................and you shall be saved...............

Is that what you did Keisor? Hey buddy, guess what. I watched Brokeback Mountain with my wife like three nights ago. Other than the gross sex scene it was a pretty good movie. I repent.

:shock:

i will be the first to admit that i use the terms eggs has posted as a joke, and if i offended anyone in anyway, then please accept my apologies. it's not that i'm trying to slam anyone, it's just that it's meant more as a joke. i come on this server to unwind and have a good time with familiar voices and personalities. i don't mean to offend anyone. anyways i know this post isn't about me iun particular but i thought i should clarify that if i do say something along these lines it's not meant to harm anyone. see you guys on the server!!

btw that is an awsome avtar slick!! brasil in 06!!

SamSeed

I pretty much agree with Dev's statement. To what point are we going to censor people. It is an adult server. Should we tell people not to say "shit" because someone is religious and it offends them? If the intent was to hurt someone i can totally understand. But look at all the definitions for "gay".
From Websters:

Of, relating to, or having a sexual orientation to persons of the same sex.
Showing or characterized by cheerfulness and lighthearted excitement; merry.
Bright or lively, especially in color: a gay, sunny room.
Given to social pleasures.
Dissolute; licentious.

Im not pro or against homosexuality. I look at it as "dont bother me and i wont bother you".

Just my 2 cents..

SamSeed

Another clip from Websters.

Like the other names of social groups derived from adjectives (for example, Black), gay may be regarded as offensive when used as a noun to refer to particular individuals, as in There were two gays on the panel; here phrasing such as gay members should be used instead.

Yes this is just one word im focusing on, but it probably one of the most used on the server..

The usage on the server is usually from an event which occured and not directed to a particular person.

Werbung:

caitlin

you know there are plenty of non-serious insults thrown around the server that could very easily offend people.

Status
Not open for further replies.