I have a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skin

unless someone is directly saying something offensive to another person they really shouldnt be offended. all though, i try not to use the word gay on the server because i like the people who might take offense to it and i think saying gay is gay...lol

p.s. when does the book burning start?

Werbung:

WoRm5406

Skin said:
p.s. when does the book burning start?

I dont think a book burning is necessary....

As we all know if someone were to come into the server and state something along the lines of "Americans are pigs and they all need to die" and kept on in this course that they would get banned pretty quick.

In the same aspect we are all adults (we should be all over 18) but still... Some sort of respect should be ingraned in eash person while they are growing up.

If this same server was in the heart of Queens, then the language would be 100% different.

RaNcid

wow....u fags... 8)

nah, i don’t know how to explain why i don’t see this as derogatory as dropping the "N" bomb to the point where we have to outlaw it.... maybe because when people say fag its more meaningless... they don’t accuse you of being a gay male... they just think that whatever happened was queer... in the sense of queer meaning odd... and thus associated with fag. You can’t call someone a Nigger without it implying the "bad version" of the word because everyone knows where it comes from and what hatred it has behind it.

(Notice the gut reaction of reading the N bomb I just dropped… it was to prove a point… you read over the word fag like it was nothing, the word faggot sets off little red flags, and the “N†word made you want to tattle tale like something bad just happened...)

It comes down to context with homosexual slang…

When we all play we're like

DEV: what's up Rancid?
RANCID : hey fag
DEV: How's it going slut?

that's friendly(believe it or not)... (also if you had allot of slutty friends would you want this word added to the ban list?.. think about it... stopping the more instigating words but allowing the less harmful still allows for competitive vulgar interaction.. which in any game is healthy and more motivating.)

k.. now non friendly...

Random person1 : Shut the fuck up, shad... you no good dick sucking fag
RaNcid: you're about to be banned. please appeal at punxclan.com
amx_ban random person1

again, it's all in context... mind you that the people that use the word fag in an ill way often drop the N bomb shortly after and are banned anyway.. this addresses a maturity issue that is not welcome in the server…

I'm not a fan of censorship at all but I love not having to listen or read the N, J, and any other banned noun in our server. Some words make the game shitty and some words make the game full of witty-bullshit brotherhood banter.

*shrugs* :?

WoRm5406

Very nicely put Rancid...

I agree there is a time to be PC and there is a time to NOT be PC...

If we were to all be PC.... well...

The server would be shutdown because running around and killing people like this is not a positive character builder.

I agree in not 100% censorship also... I mean 25% gets most of those words as a whole.

CuRRyINaHuRRy

You motherfuckers need to chillax. Its a fuckin' game and its on the fuckin' internet. All I know is that its fuckin' fun that I am allowed to say all these things here rather than anywhere else and limiting this fun would be so fuckin' gay, j00 know what I'm saying? I mean seriously....you come to internet to do things and say shit you normally wouldn't just for the sake of thrill and fun.
Gettin' to the choppah and p00ning like Indiana Jones style is priceless. Mewt.

keisorsoze

OHHH, here it comes. :x I'm gonna think a little bit about this bullshit post. If your too sensative to certain words then GO FUCK YOURSELF! Eggs, man, your a good dude but your GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY

keisorsoze

EGGS=GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY GAY

Werbung:

Swearengen

JESUS H CHRISTALMIGHTY!!!!

What the fuck is happening to merit this bullshit???!!! Take your oversensitive little feelings and play elsewhere then.

You know, my patience wore out long ago for all the "politically correct" people out there.

We (meaning all of us dirty, sinful, funloving bastards) came to PuNx to avoid narrowminded thinking and to relieve some stress. No racism is a good idea, no crapping on each other (i.e. serious insults) is a good idea too...but now we're gonna pick and choose ADDITIONAL topics to be banning people for???!!! Ridiculous.

This kind of bullshit complaint should be shitcanned before this gets out of hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.