Internet

slick

I was wondering.....

Should I get the 3 Meg service from the cable company or the 3 meg service from Sprint DSL?

Is it possible that they both go thru the same servers and they both suck just as bad????

Right now I have an 0.5 Meg sevice with the cable company (Charter.......... :evil: )

Werbung:

DeathCorpse

well i think charter sucks fucking cels balls. Dsl 3meg down will probably have a higher upstream bandwidth and I would say that its a more stable connection bandwidth wise because cables on a local loop. So I would say DSL. but check for reviews about each companys service. and yes outside of the initial 2-5 hops you will most likely take the same path after that or hit different nodes in the same locations, either way its relatively the same path.

imported_SuXoR

As a general rule, cable users share a node, while with dsl, you have a dedicated line straight to the dslam. So if no one has cable in your area you have less ppl to share bandwith with.

But you should read reviews and so forth. There are other considerations like, dsl usually has lower total bandwidth, but also lower latency (ping). And if you have cable tv, you will get a price break with cable.

mYth

Not much in the way of bandwidth boosters on the obx.......that and are u hardwired into your linksys router or on the wireless portion of it.......when your ping gets to >100 you'll start to notice the lag abit......>175 and your moonwalkin!!!!

Puppet

Ok my two cents. I went to cable cause I heard it was so fast. It is, as long as everyone in my area are at work. Soon as they get home I'm fucked. I never had this problem with DSL. It may be a little slower but I could give a shit.

imported_SuXoR

Puppet said:
Ok my two cents. I went to cable cause I heard it was so fast. It is, as long as everyone in my area are at work. Soon as they get home I'm fucked. I never had this problem with DSL. It may be a little slower but I could give a shit.

See my above post...

Cable = shared nodes = shared bandwidth

DSL = direct connex to dslam = dedicated bandwidth

blze

cable = p00ns all

DSL, it may be dedicated but if im trying to suck a lemon seed through a stirrer straw, then it really doesnt matter if it is MINE and only MY stirrer straw. :p

eggs

i have Sprint DSL and my only complaint is when
occationally when im going to join the server i get ready to get connected to serber i get dropped and it says
"Unreliable Data Flow"
so i try again and if its not full by the time i hit the Connect button i get in.

Werbung:

slick

blze you obviously dunno wtf you are talkin about. I'm tryin to find a solution to my problem so plz stop fuckin praising cable cause I had nothing but headaches the past 2 years.

thx.