Internet

Werbung:

slick

well how much fuckin shittyer than this can be???? my fuckin ping (and everyone elses using Charter here) is the same as Auroras until about midnight.
Going on 3-4 months now!!!!!!!!!
Stop being an ass and throwing in useless comments. You don't live here so obviously you dont know wtf u talkin about.
This is really annoying me , so if all you can say cable pwns you etc. plz dont reply to this thread any more.

It's pretty obvious that the problem is at the Sprint servers , but Charter made a deal with them , so they should fuckin solve it.

BTW I'm not a fuckin idiot and I know that theoretically cable should be better than DSL, but here obviously isn't.

blze

"Should I get the 3 Meg service from the cable company or the 3 meg service from Sprint DSL?"

specific questions yield specific answers...

"It's pretty obvious that the problem is at the Sprint servers , but Charter made a deal with them , so they should fuckin solve it. "

well, it looks like you have solved it yourself, so congrats.

slick

Well I did some pinging.....
The office next door have an 0.5 M DSL conn. and I have 0.5 M Cable

And here is the traceroute.... After the firs couple of hops it's all Sprint servers(but different ones). DSL goes to Virginia Beach and then straight to Baltimore....from there its the same

So what do you all think? yeah blze you too...

blze

(<3)

fuckin' a, it looks like your DSL provider is giving you half or even a third the ping/ms/latency (whatever) that cable is. so, in all honesty it looks like that is your choice. i said the straw thing based on DSL providing a "smaller" pipe than cable. so, even if it was yours and only yours, it was still not going to allow the bandwidth that a shared cable pipe would. for some reason i just think cable is more constant/stable than DSL. i really dont know anymore, its been like 4 or 5 years since i looked into it.

why does your cable company bounce all the way over there anyway? Tennessee?

Werbung:

slick

I have no ideea man...it's just fucked up.

Could be that they (Charter) don't pay enough to Sprint so they get raped when their traffic goes thru Sprint servers....i really dunno how it works
I've heard a lot of crap that Charter is low on cash......bad management I guess.
The sad part is that they don't have any competion here...no other cable companys.

THX