LAN may be FUCKED

blze

ok, today the building got yanked out from under me. i will try to explain this in detail bc its gay. kevin knows the owner of the building, he and his brother have the right to an estate left them by their late parents. they were both cool with the idea. there is a Turst Benefactor who oversees the estate. they didnt think anything of this, nor did they mention to me, that he had the power to rip this right out from under me, 1 week from the date it is going down.... well, he decided that there was too much liability and that someone could too easily wander off and get hurt and then sue against the estate (which is large) and quite possibly cause them a lot of grief and money, etc. bottom line, he said "no go." i can kind of understand where he, as an outsider looking in, is coming from. there was no talking this guy into it, believe me, we tried every angle we could.

So, kevin and i spent all day looking for new spots- private rentals, hotels, business parks, etc. didnt really see anything too promising. did talk to a guy about a place, roughly like 3-4 miles from original spot, and he said he may be game but wouldnt know until monday afternoon. the hotel meeting rooms are all handled by a sales rep, they all work mon-fri, 9-5, so that means i have to wait til then to find out if we can do that (ie, is it open, can we stay there all night, cost, etc...).

i dont want this shit to be up in the air with so many people travelling from so far away. monday is last minute as fuck. so, i ask, wtf do you want to do? plan on coming anyway, and get some spot that is "ok"? postpone? wait til monday and see? look for a private spot for a weekend, like a rental house at the lake later on? what? im too pissed to really think logically. im not used to making promises and not being able to follow through with them, so help me out here.

shit fellas, i mean, im pissed, im sorry, i feel like it was right there and bam, fucked right in the ass. i want to make this shit go down but i dont want it to be a waste of anybody's time.

i have one more spot, its an internet cafe that has been trying to throw lans for a while and they might know somebody who has property for rent for a venue like this. i will go by there tomorrow and do some politicin' and see what i can come up with.

i have all the equipment, so if we have to re-schedule or w/e, at least that shit will already have that shit...... gfg.

anyway.... where does that leave us? can i borrow a gun? seriously, wtf?

Werbung:

RaNcid

I think I might have a space hook up in charlotte. Let me check that out and if anything comes up i'll let you know in like an hour.

recomendation: you offer to provide comercial security for the building durring the lan :ie you contact the local event company or rent a cop and get a guard to "protect" the property from abuse, and to keep the kids in line and have thier lawyer write up some basic relase/hold harmless forms for everyone to sighn as they arive (limits the under 18's though sinch they can't actualy sign a contranct...owell mabyu the guard offor will help pull pantys out of legal asses?

XxxRanciDxxX

heh you could always hire me to fly up and keep security.

FDLE Certified. Rescue Diver. Florida Strike Team Officer. Riot Squad...etc etc etc. ;)

slick

Shit, sorry to hear that, blze. Hope it works out somehow....
Can't we just sign sumthin that we'll be responsible for ourself, without hiring security?

blze

Omniscient said:
You will need to rent a motel meeting room which you should have done to begin with.

thx o brilliant one. like the spot i had wasnt fucking great? i didnt know how many people would throw down cash and if you read my post above you will see that kevin and i looked at doing that yesterday. they are handled by sales reps who only work mon-fri, 9-5. yes, i am going to hit them up on monday. one is open from friday 530pm thru sunday and the other is open saturday thru sunday noon. there are a thousand others i will check. please dont act like you knew something all along if you just sat there and didnt say peep, i busted my ass on this. i already work 50 hours a week so it wasnt like i am just farting around with nothing better to do. so, when all those other posts were up the last 3 monhts, thats probably when all of your great wisdom should have been noted, thx.

keisorsoze

Ok, so if it does'nt happen this time we can always make it another time, like april (hint hint). I feel bad that Blze had worked so hard to set this up only to get screwed in the final days of preperation. I think we should bring back my idea and have it at Dilla's house. Everyone can take turns painting the map of Hawaii on his pillow......

DiLLa

slick said:
Shit, sorry to hear that, blze. Hope it works out somehow....
Can't we just sign sumthin that we'll be responsible for ourself, without hiring security?

what he said..if we all signed something saying that the establishment wasnt liable and we were entering at our own risk he has nothing to worry about...

well if you find something i might be outta the picture too because i really only had enuff money to give you 20 feed myself and pay for gas...and maybe a night to go out and drink..

kinda shitty blze but hey you tried and if something doesnt come up its no big deal :/ not your fault anyways...

soooo see what you can come up with if you cant its ok

Werbung:

MeanMugginFool

Yeah man, if we have to postpone it is no biggy, don't sweat it too much. We definetly appreciate all the hard work you put into it, and sucks that they yanked that shit right at the end. I wish I had some ideas to throw your way, but I've got nothing.