Metroid Prime 3: Corruption sells 400,000 in one week!

hockeyhero

"Nintendo's flagship shooter Metroid Prime 3: Corruption has debuted in the States with a bang, taking the top sales spot in the all-format chart and even outselling 2K's awesome Bioshock in its first week.

Metroid managed to shift over 400,000 copies in total, which must be big news for developers ogling at Nintendo's console and proves that traditional "hardcore" games can still sell on the home of Wii Sports and Cooking Mama.

With Wii releases thin on the ground, Metroid's unlikely to be contested at the top of the Wii sales chart until Super Mario Galaxy rolls around in a few months time. Wii Play meanwhile, is still sitting at the top of the charts in all three main territories.

Corruption hits UK shores in October and for those who can't wait (besides pulling out the import Wii) you can read our initial impressions with movies right here. It's wicked."

Full link: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=171307

So i know UK doesn't get it until october but what do you think?

Werbung:

Squiddy

Hmm.... it sold a lot due to the Metroid Prime 3 Channel probably, and the decent advertising that only America seems to get, but I doubt it'll do well here, there's just not enough Metroid fans/hardcore Wii gamers in the UK, as the last 2 didn't do well in the UK...not to mention the shoddy advertising Nintendo UK will probably do.

But let's hope for the best.

ARGH!!! Sh*t, FIFA 08, Pro Evo and Need For Speed: ProStreet are coming out, more or less, the same time as Metroid Prime 3!!!! Damn you EA!!!

Ryano

Squiddy said:
Hmm.... it sold a lot due to the Metroid Prime 3 Channel probably, and the decent advertising that only America seems to get, but I doubt it'll do well here, there's just not enough Metroid fans/hardcore Wii gamers in the UK, as the last 2 didn't do well in the UK...not to mention the shoddy advertising Nintendo UK will probably do.

ARGH!!! Sh*t, FIFA 08, Pro Evo and Need For Speed: ProStreet are coming out, more or less, the same time as Metroid Prime 3!!!! Damn you EA!!!

Well that definetly won't help sales, I for one would find it a very tough decision to choose between Pro Evo and MP:3

Danny

Ryano said:
Squiddy said:

Well that definetly won't help sales, I for one would find it a very tough decision to choose between Pro Evo and MP:3
With all those games Metroid will prolly sell 30,000 in europe in a week or something..

Ryano

Danny said:
Ryano said:
Squiddy said:

With all those games Metroid will prolly sell 30,000 in europe in a week or something..

I doubt it would be that little...

Danny

Ryano said:
Danny said:
Ryano said:
Squiddy said:

Well it can't be 400,000 so it'll probably be around 100,000?

Squiddy

Danny said:
Ryano said:
Danny said:
Ryano said:
Squiddy said:

Well it can't be 400,000 so it'll probably be around 100,000?

Knowing the UK's shockingly crap taste in gaming, it'll prolly won't even stay in a charts for less than a week.

Werbung: