mIRC

Werbung:

eggs

i used to be a fucking irc whore back in the day before i lost my connex and before i came here to punx.
any irc questions you may have i can hope to help.

fun things in irc are
/me (type something here)
ex.
i type /me eats cookies
it prints
eggs eats cookies
!users
shows a list of users and their ranks
!info
shows how long channel has been up record users on and who owns it
which i found out last night worm owns both the punx and lo3 channels
!8 (ask question here)
its like an 8 ball
!8 am i a winner
Chanserve: some random answar

eggs

/join
thats an important one for new irc users
in this case
/join #lo3clan
/join #punxclan
/join #l3clan
that gets you into the chanells above.
you have a button called "Channels" above on your tool bar and you can add these to it so it will automatically add them so when you cut the program on you will go there and dont have to type /join bla bla bla every time
more to come next topic i will post about will be our good ole buddy authserv

Puppet

I got hix from seeing that Billy the Kid used it. It's really cool for IRC. Lots of nice options. You really have to study all the menu items to get used to it but it's worth it.

However, I like keeping all my stuff in one interface so i use trillian now for IM, Email, Stocks, Weather, IRC, and it keeps me logged into punx and lo3 channels all the time.

EMA

Puppet said:
I got hix from seeing that Billy the Kid used it. It's really cool for IRC. Lots of nice options. You really have to study all the menu items to get used to it but it's worth it.

However, I like keeping all my stuff in one interface so i use trillian now for IM, Email, Stocks, Weather, IRC, and it keeps me logged into punx and lo3 channels all the time.

puppet how to you sae the channels so i dont have to type them in every time?

Puppet

It's a free trillian plugin called "My Chats". It places the punxclan and lo3 and one87 in my contact list just like a regular IM contact and I get notificiations whenever it's updated by anyone. Pretty cool i think.

EMA

Can we make a sticky of the channels...or maybe just put them on the bottom of the same sticky with all the IPs?

Intro

mIRC is shareware and my 30day trial ran out.

But then I connected anyway and it let me on.

So does this mean that I can keep using this program without registering it or am I going to hafta find a new client to use for IRC? Just curious - thought some of you have probably dealt with it more than me. Today is the second time I've ever rocked it.

caitlin

Puppet said:
It's a free trillian plugin called "My Chats". It places the punxclan and lo3 and one87 in my contact list just like a regular IM contact and I get notificiations whenever it's updated by anyone. Pretty cool i think.

trillian is sexy
i'm gonna have to dl that plugin

Werbung: