Return of the hacker?

The_Desert_Fox

10/19/2003 08:58:15 Name: hot$auce d=] uniqueid: STEAM_0:0:473082 IP: 68.84.228.40 Cheat: AIMBOT

does that name or unique id ring a bell? just found that while boredly going through the banned list... i never wanted to accuse him before but when he goes from 4 and 13 and then 12 and 3 it's kinda odd

Werbung:

rocklee

Hmmm, I would also like to note that that record you found is from 2003. I've seen him around but I haven't watched him enough during his so-called "good streaks" to see if hes cheating.... But I have seen him during his "bad streaks" and they are pretty bad =D

Puppet

If I'm not mistaken, in order to get on that list you have to be identified by VAC. I've been studying this topic since becoming an admin. Someone correct me if I'm wrong because everything here is from posts that I read. I think that after you're identified with aimbot that you can no longer get on a VAC enabled server. That's a hell of a lot of servers, so he either waits a year to regain priviledges or he sends an email to the VAC admin to be considered for removal. I would imagine that if you got thrown on that list as a cheater that it must make you think twice about cheating again. Short end of this story.....we keep a special eye on him. I don't care if it was 2003 or not.

Defender

That was HLGuard logs.

I been contemplating adding it again. I think I will too. When I do if any of you fucks drop in skillz I will fucking ban you anyways beatches...so shut off the hacks now (ROCK LEE) and get some more practice in. Or do lots of coke when you play.

Dirty

I know that HL guard also sometimes puts names of people and claims they use AIMBOT when they don't.

If I am not mistaken it doesnt register that you have a cheat, but picks out shots that seem strange to it. In other words... I make a long range deagle shot that seems unlikely HL guard will claim AIMBOT. The thing is if that happens just once that is normal, what you look for are people that have many warnings.

At least that is how Defender explained it to me a while back.

Defender

Dirty said:
I know that HL guard also sometimes puts names of people and claims they use AIMBOT when they don't.

If I am not mistaken it doesnt register that you have a cheat, but picks out shots that seem strange to it. In other words... I make a long range deagle shot that seems unlikely HL guard will claim AIMBOT. The thing is if that happens just once that is normal, what you look for are people that have many warnings.

At least that is how Defender explained it to me a while back.

Yes and you set the config to ban on what you feel are too many warnings. You can also set the sensativity. We had ours rather high and remember how good you used to play Dirty..you are still good but for a while you were godlike. Maybe the opponents are better now though.

Anyways..I always used you as a reference points because you were VERY good and you were barely in the logs. So if someone wasn't as good as player as you...yet had 3-5 entries in the logs...I banned them. It seemed like good policy to me and it worked well enough. I am curious now if I enabled it how many players here would get warnings (false or otherwise).

It was cool looking at the logs daily to see who got a warning. Patterns were easy to spot this way and we would discuss players who showed up too often in the logs.

Dirty

please reset it up...

since that chick left my house i got my skills back and been tearing shit up. but I would love to see if you put HL Guard back up...... Without hackers I might go 52-2 a lot like I use to!!!

sad things is.... we will never and can not ever get ride of all hackers.

Puppet

Got only one thing to say about this Dirty/Defender conversation. BRING IT!!! I would love to make "cheaters" (moneyshot's prerferred word) feel on edge on our server. On a side note.... I've been seeing a lot of Defender posts here lately. Good to see you reinvolved at this level. Nice job on the forum changes. Nothing but good to say about ya. (Puppet cleans lips from ass kiss).

Werbung:

The_Desert_Fox

sweet i got some responses ^_^

glad ya'll took notice.... yeah i enjoyed reading the HLGuard thingy i'd like to see it's return... i know i have way to much free time but hey it could be useful. see ya'll in game....

BEWARE THE SHOTGUN!!! :twisted: